Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,162 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Quacked
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

Tomorrow.
I'm trying to get filled on the 49-47, you do something like that?

Bonfire1996
AG
AG 2000' said:

Say hello to a 2 year/10 year inversion if that happens, which is the penultimate recession indicator.

Inflation reports will be awful through August due to the demand destruction of early 2021 lockdowns, it's simple math. You drive interest rates up 1 full percent before the reports get better, you will signal "No end in sight" and entrepreneurs will completely shut down investment.
Triple_Bagger
ProgN said:

bmoochie said:

I really thought SAVA would have a lot more runup after the petition got dropped. What am I missing on that? Do they need to present their data to really draw in buyers?
The news was positive but some people bought it in the high 30s a few weeks ago, so expect profit taking, then Bullard taking a huge dump on the market didn't help. Without the news this morning, SAVA would be a lot lower instead of green.
Most investors who were bullish likely already bought what they wanted in the 30s. The CP rejection changes nothing for them. The only reason for it to run up now would be shorts covering (it has been one of the most shorted stock for weeks).

Option premiums have dropped off a cliff so anyone short could have hedged for relative little cost. If shorts are hedged, there's no reason for them to rush to cover. They can slowly cover and avoid driving the price up.

What needs to happen for the price to run is for some real news to be released. The CP rejection was expected by most who follow the company. Maybe Remi finally announce the additional funding he hinted at back in July, before the CP nonsense.
Irish 2.0
Took lotto AFRM 3/18 85C at 2.8
ProgN
Yep, now imagine throwing a China attack on Taiwan in there with it.
FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

ProgN said:

bmoochie said:

I really thought SAVA would have a lot more runup after the petition got dropped. What am I missing on that? Do they need to present their data to really draw in buyers?
The news was positive but some people bought it in the high 30s a few weeks ago, so expect profit taking, then Bullard taking a huge dump on the market didn't help. Without the news this morning, SAVA would be a lot lower instead of green.
Most investors who were bullish likely already bought what they wanted in the 30s. The CP rejection changes nothing for them. The only reason for it to run up now would be shorts covering (it has been one of the most shorted stock for weeks).

Option premiums have dropped off a cliff so anyone short could have hedged for relative little cost. If shorts are hedged, there's no reason for them to rush to cover. They can slowly cover and avoid driving the price up.

What needs to happen for the price to run is for some real news to be released. The CP rejection was expected by most who follow the company. Maybe Remi finally announce the additional funding he hinted at back in July, before the CP nonsense.

He's got 12 month data he could release as well.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

But why? Are you mad at money?
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Can you share your thinking?
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Can you share your thinking?
Jameson.gif
krosch11
AG
ProgN said:

krosch11 said:

That AFRM social media manager got paid by someone today.
There better not be a paper trail because the SEC and FINRA are going to be all up in their giblets looking for answers.

No doubt. But that "early leak" is pure positivity, followed by an actual miss. I haven't had chance to look yet but it'd be interesting to see if there was any large volume puts filed just after the tweet.
ProgN
Irish 2.0
ProgN said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Because the increase in number of active merchants from 8k to 168k. It beat on revenue and gave a slightly higher guidance.

Also, I said lotto for a reason. Don't care if it goes to zero, but don't think it will.
ProgN
I the McInnis posted earlier that someone bought a large number of puts BEFORE the tweet.
LMCane
does the average American start to see something is wrong with the economy now after today?

or do they just hit the "buy" button on their Amazon cart
krosch11
AG
well there is always someone, as Irish would say who "is not uncertain".
Dan Scott
AG
Average American probably thinking they better buy it now because it'll be more expensive next month.
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

ProgN said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Because the increase in number of active merchants from 8k to 168k. It beat on revenue and gave a slightly higher guidance.

Also, I said lotto for a reason. Don't care if it goes to zero, but don't think it will.

Thanks.

Would run counter to the post earnings drift theory.
FJ43
Bought weekly Qs 365c at .58

Lotto so hero or zero.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

AgEng06
AG
In. I've been looking to be a degenerate.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
What's the new amount of rate hikes that baked into this market today? I'm just curious. (You guys know where I stand)
Bonfire1996
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

What's the new amount of rate hikes that baked into this market today? I'm just curious. (You guys know where I stand)
5-7 this year
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BaylorSpineGuy
RGS showing relative strength today. Up .05 with everything puking.

I'm going long above 1.80 with more shares and possibly some Sept 2.5C. Whoever bought AFRM puts, just send me your money next time.
Bonfire1996
AG
LMCane said:

does the average American start to see something is wrong with the economy now after today?

credit card debt decreased significantly during Covid.
November 2021 saw an all time high in credit card issuance.
We got a ways to go before the average American wakes up.
Spoony Love
AG
ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

I offer myself up for that job
You volunteer for tribute.
I'm going to start a Gofundme to pay for the trip and expenses to find Mr. Bullard and deliver the message: Bullard Kickball
Dan Scott
AG
Kinda feel like 2 weeks ago. It was a Thursday where the market again rejected SPY 458 after gapping down and rallying. We broke down below 450. Friday was a down day, and then we remember what happened the following Monday,
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

I offer myself up for that job
You volunteer for tribute.
I'm going to start a Gofundme to pay for the trip and expenses to find Mr. Bullard and deliver the message: Bullard Kickball
Conservatives are boycotting Gofundme so you should use someone else.
Spoony Love
AG
True.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

This qualifies us.

Edit: Added a few at .38
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

LMCane
so AFRM jumped huge about 90 minutes ago...

now down 22%

sounds like a well functioning market.
LMCane
Bonfire1996 said:

LMCane said:

credit card debt decreased significantly during Covid.
November 2021 saw an all time high in credit card issuance.
We got a ways to go before the average American wakes up.

Yep, that is what I am worried about.

things will continue on... until they don't.

just hope I get to social security before the entire system collapses.
Brewmaster
AG
need to bounce hard off 4490
AgEng06
AG
I won't be adding more, but I appreciate that you are.
Txducker
AG
qqq weekly chart is not looking good. Lower high this week and we are below the 5ema. If tomorrow closes below last weeks low, ugly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

AgEng06 said:

This qualifies us.

Edit: Added a few at .38

So much degenerate garbage in my account right now. Tsla, pton and crwd flies, and now this!
First Page Last Page
Page 5014 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.