Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,476 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by ProgN
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

That is the good idea. My first note might have not been clear
Surprise earnings beat = gap up and drift upwards.
Surprise miss = gap down and drift downwards.

Daniel is absolutely correct. FB will more than likely go lower, just as AMD will probably go higher. Too many people try to outthink the market and buy calls on FB and puts on AMD. Those are both losing trades most of the time. I'm not speaking for Daniel and he can opine if he thinks I'm wrong.

Will FB be higher in a year, probably. However don't try to guess with options. JMO
My best trades over the past few days have been shorts on FB. I do think it will have will have some nice bounce days here and there, and once it finally enters the gap and corresponds with a bull market, will be a good trend trader.

As far as PEAD, GOOGL is an interesting (outlying) case. It has sold off nearly 10% from its post earnings gap up and closed the gap today. I'm going to evaluate in the morning entering a long above today's high (2800) with a couple of targets along the way to 3000, and a stop at today's low (2740). Will give it more thought in the morning, as I generally hate trading GOOGL, but I like this risk/reward.
lobwedgephil
They hammered the Russell with put flow, end of day. But, could also be hedges and they are massively long.
ProgN
Keep this in the back of your mind as well. Remember in December when people sold stocks for tax loss selling? Well those same rules apply in February too. Retail and institutions booked losses for this year in FB so they can't buy it back for 31 days or they'd take it in the ass twice. They'll come back into it when they can but without buyers FB will drift lower more than likely. JMO
GreasenUSA
AG
ProgN said:

Keep this in the back of your mind as well. Remember in December when people sold stocks for tax loss selling? Well those same rules apply in February too. Retail and institutions booked losses for this year in FB so they can't buy it back for 31 days or they'd take it in the ass twice. They'll come back into it when they can but without buyers FB will drift lower more than likely. JMO
As long as FB continues to make lower highs and lower lows, I'm shorting it. Would not be surprised to see it get to 200. Not touching it to the long side until it's back to the gap, barring any obvious days spurred by news, etc.
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

That is the good idea. My first note might have not been clear
Surprise earnings beat = gap up and drift upwards.
Surprise miss = gap down and drift downwards.

Daniel is absolutely correct. FB will more than likely go lower, just as AMD will probably go higher. Too many people try to outthink the market and buy calls on FB and puts on AMD. Those are both losing trades most of the time. I'm not speaking for Daniel and he can opine if he thinks I'm wrong.

Will FB be higher in a year, probably. However don't try to guess with options. JMO
My best trades over the past few days have been shorts on FB. I do think it will have will have some nice bounce days here and there, and once it finally enters the gap and corresponds with a bull market, will be a good trend trader.

As far as PEAD, GOOGL is an interesting (outlying) case. It has sold off nearly 10% from its post earnings gap up and closed the gap today. I'm going to evaluate in the morning entering a long above today's high (2800) with a couple of targets along the way to 3000, and a stop at today's low (2740). Will give it more thought in the morning, as I generally hate trading GOOGL, but I like this risk/reward.
GOOG is the complete opposite of FB. They crushed estimates and declared a split. Buying it on pullbacks is a smarter play.
GreasenUSA
AG
Speaking of FB, McInnis, do you still follow John Carter? I'm curious if anyone has heard his latest thoughts on it. It was his number 1 stock around 6 months ago to buy and hold for several years. As it was approaching 400, he was confident that it would see 4x gains from there in the coming years. I could certainly see this happening, but wonder if his confidence has waivered at all in light of recent events.
SoTXAg09
AG
TSLA looking like it's ready for a move up, IMO. EMAs are getting tight on the hourly and making higher lows.

Daily also looking a little bullish and MACD looks like it's about to cross over.

lobwedgephil
TSLA getting tight for sure, and a big move does seems likely soon. In a bear pennant technically, but could go either way, but it does look like something coming.
Brewmaster
AG
lobwedgephil said:

TSLA getting tight for sure, and a big move does seems likely soon. In a bear pennant technically, but could go either way, but it does look like something coming.
if the mid Feb tech rip is about to happen, makes sense TSLA would rip soon!
Brewmaster
AG
this guy is great at picking them. Here's a board favorite, heck I may add more tomorrow on any pullbacks. In the thread he says he's long a bunch and is holding through earnings.

sts7049
AG
ES-F above 4540 this morning...good sign
FJ43
Mornun!

Green around the horn gents.
US green early
EU green
Asia green
VIX 20.82 - get below and stay below 20 and could be bullish.

OPEX next week so if me I'm looking to take profits this week on options trades in this trading market.

Trade wisely !

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
Morning FJ
gougler08
AG
FJ future posts are turning the market around
ProgN
NVDA & TTD are readying for launch. Please make sure your tray tables are in their upright and locked positions and prepare for takeoff.
Irish 2.0
Disregard
GTIAG09
AG
30K's SPY 451c gonna be nice and green at open. Good play sir
Engine10
AG
PTON gonna be rocky today. This is gonna spook some folks
Triple_Bagger
Irish 2.0 said:

CPI today
Tomorrow
Irish 2.0
Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CPI today
Tomorrow
Yeah...Was just coming to correct that. My bad. I'm on China time today

SF2004
AG
I smell a pump and dumb this morning.

No way they run up INTO CPI.
BrokeAssAggie
The one day I don't decide to hold SPY or Q calls overnight we are going to gap up.. F U market makers
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
CEO of WWR retires and is replaced by COO. I think there is an earnings update on 2/14 as well.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220209005398/en/Wes****er-Resources-Announces-Executive-Management-Changes/?feedref=JjAwJuNHiystnCoBq_hl-bV7DTIYheT0D-1vT4_bKFzt_EW40VMdK6eG-WLfRGUE1fJraLPL1g6AeUGJlCTYs7Oafol48Kkc8KJgZoTHgMu0w8LYSbRdYOj2VdwnuKwa
Engine10
AG
Actually kinda love that for them.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GTIAG09 said:

I am going to sell at the open.
Triple_Bagger
SF2004 said:

Unless the big boys already know the CPI is lower than expected.

After last weeks jobs report, I don't trust anything. Won't be surprised if CPI comes out flat or negative.
Irish 2.0
SF2004 said:

If it is dumped it won't be until tomorrow when CPI is actually reported. They'll want to run it up leading into that. Don't have any options exposure w/o having some SPY or QQQ put hedges
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Engine10 said:

Actually kinda love that for them.
Agree. I remember Potter's bio from when they brought him on. I thought at that time his horsepower was greater and the role he took was lesser. Makes sense. He got a feel for the business and now it's time to take the reins. The person coming in to replace Potter will be key to delivering the project.
cageybee77
sts7049
AG
i guess there is no such thing as a "quiet period" for WWR
AgEng06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

GTIAG09 said:

I am going to sell at the open.

Is there a way in TOS to set an option to sell at open, or does it have to be done manually?
Barty Dont Hedge
Lets go weed stocks!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You can open a market sell order but i usually just open a limit order for a price i think is close to what it'll open at and if it doesn't fill right away I'll watch the action in the first 30 minutes to find an exit
theNetSmith
AG
Phat32 said:

NCR AH
nice to see a positive report.. good for my ESPP
Brewmaster
AG
SF2004 said:

I bet we do run into CPI. I might even bet we just have a small pullback with CPI data out. Everyone is expecting carnage, the market will just kill premium and tech seasonality (rip mid February) is upon us.
First Page Last Page
Page 4999 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.