Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,170 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holding weekly QQQ 360c. Sell at open? Have a meeting at 10 and will be away from my computer most mid day. Or do we think this thing is breaking free up to 370?
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

Holding weekly QQQ 360c. Sell at open? Have a meeting at 10 and will be away from my computer most mid day. Or do we think this thing is breaking free up to 370?
Roll the profits?
BrokeAssAggie
Ragoo said:

I would trim and keeep some net free runners. If it goes to zero then you won't stress
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

GTIAG09 said:

30K's SPY 451c gonna be nice and green at open. Good play sir

I am going to sell at the open.
great call and way to flip into calls with the market trend flip. I'm getting better, but sometimes I'm still trying to convince my brain to flip with a quick trend flip.

When they hit the buy switch yesterday though, that was unreal!
Brewmaster
AG
oh and post juan el page 5000!

FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

oh and post juan el page 5000!

Bonfire1996
AG
Rates discussion update:

- Current interest on Federal Debt: $467 Billion annually
- Most Treasuries are short term
- For every 1% increase in rates, add $300 Billion annually to the interest expense

Now ask yourself when analysts talk about hiking 5,6,7 times. Is the US Govt goi g to allow the FED to more than double it's annual debt service? Hell no. That means inflation will not be stopped until an economic slowdown stops it.

Trade wisely with this info. How will I play it?

1. Ride the run up in banks anticipating profits from stupid analyst predictions of 7 rate hikes. Dump them after two rate hikes
2. Jump into more tech infrastructure as rates don't rise that much.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

I think we run this afternoon, but after a morning shake out. If I had 4 and was tied up after this morning. I'd sell 3 and hold 1. or sell 1/2 and set a stop on the remaining 2.
Triple_Bagger
BrokeAssAggie
I'm on the road, what's our pivots for today?
cageybee77
AG
5000...geez
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Out at 4.42
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Out at 4.42

It's 0DTE and we more than doubled.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also bought back the RBLX short put at 0.17. 90% gain.
FTAG 2000
AG
AMC warming up.
Engine10
AG
SPX 5K for Page 5K!

Well not today, but sometime
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

Anyone have a take on $ORLY (OReilley Auto Parts) Earning are tomorrow and it has bounced off the support level at $630 5 times over the last 2 weeks
Under the the 8/21/50 EMAs so not super bullish there
Options look like they are out of my price range but might go the couple share rout for earnings like 30K did on Amazon
If it drops I see some support at $620/$600/$580
I still like this idea with the price opening right under the 8 EMA
Anyone want to talk me out of this?

McInnis 03
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Rates discussion update:

- Current interest on Federal Debt: $467 Billion annually
- Most Treasuries are short term
- For every 1% increase in rates, add $300 Billion annually to the interest expense

Now ask yourself when analysts talk about hiking 5,6,7 times. Is the US Govt goi g to allow the FED to more than double it's annual debt service? Hell no. That means inflation will not be stopped until an economic slowdown stops it.

Trade wisely with this info. How will I play it?

1. Ride the run up in banks anticipating profits from stupid analyst predictions of 7 rate hikes. Dump them after two rate hikes
2. Jump into more tech infrastructure as rates don't rise that much.
I love the Bonfire newsletter.
Max Stonetrail
Buying AMD calls here on opening weakness for a trade today.
Spoony Love
AG
Morning shakeout to open? SPY looks like it is already trying to flag first thing this morning on the 5-min chart. Likely means nothing, but usually a move is made after these quick consolidations like this.
McInnis 03
AG
Looking at playing Disney by buying some logner dated calls and selling some of this Fridays calls against them as the premium is high today with ER today.

Ok, just legged into a calendar spread.

Bought APR 155C for $4.25
Sold FEB11 155c for $1.48

This is a bullish (because obviously Permabull Mc is Permabull) play that buys me a little time and should DIS stay at or under 155 this Friday allows me to keep some premium that's inflated due to earnings.
Spoony Love
AG
Followed you on this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K account. Buying 100 shares of CENX. Aluminum play.
McInnis 03
AG

50K account. Buying 100 shares of CENX. Aluminum play.
Anyone want a side hustle? I hear cans are getting $.70/lb right now.
planoaggie123
AG
Elementary / middle school me is on board with this....

One of my favorite things was getting the cans and then taking to the recycling plant and watching them dump all the empty cans and waiting for them to tell us how much we got....

This was also the only time we were allowed near beer cans as kids
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Looking at playing Disney by buying some logner dated calls and selling some of this Fridays calls against them as the premium is high today with ER today.

This is a bullish (because obviously Permabull Mc is Permabull) play that buys me a little time and should DIS stay at or under 155 this Friday allows me to keep some premium that's inflated due to earnings.
Interesting.

So let's say Disney beats and runs hard and ends up at 160 this week.

How will that work?
Philip J Fry
AG
UHAL getting primed for a run.
Irish 2.0
Are they not uncertain? This is an opening order...
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

Interesting.

How will that work?
We'd have good decisions we need to make.

Let's assume your scenario...

The near term short call (Feb11 155c) likely is slightly above $5 on Friday, maybe $5.50 or $5.75.......(intrinsic value + premium) and my long call (apr 155c) is likely doing better too, currently it's a.34 delta but as value exceeds the strike delta will increase. Say it trends to about 50+ delta.....meaning the call itself would jump maybe to $11 give or take, I dunno.....

1) I can close the entire spread ( Sell for $11, Buy back the $5.50, and I get to keep the change). I still profit because I net paid $2.77 for this spread. Selling for $5.50 or so Friday would be pretty fabulous.
2) I can roll the short call out/up (on a drastic move ABOVE 155 this may not be a good play, best to close and look for other things)
3) I can let the short call get executed and get hosed (get paid $155 for my "100 shares" which I do not have, so I'd have to exercise my long call to have those 100 shares which eliminates my premium value). Do not do this.

If the equity rockets past the short call, it's time to take some action in the form of 1 or 2.

In any event of a sub $155 close Friday, I can keep the premium on the short call, thereby lowering my burden.

This spread allows me to take a direction, but also try to profit from the high near term Implied Volatility associated with this earnings release.

Hopefully we don't do a lesson on what happens to calendar spreads tomorrow on a Disney Tank lol.
Tumble Weed
Currently holding 43 positions in my custom portfolio.

How many different stocks do y'all hold at a given point in time?
Spoony Love
AG
I think the rest of the day will be decided in the next 15-20 minutes. SPY is tight and implied volatility is tightening as well. Getting ready to move one way or the other.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

Interesting.

How will that work?
We'd have good decisions we need to make.

Let's assume your scenario...

The near term short call (Feb11 155c) likely is slightly above $5 on Friday, maybe $5.50 or $5.75.......(intrinsic value + premium) and my long call (apr 155c) is likely doing better too, currently it's a.34 delta but as value exceeds the strike delta will increase. Say it trends to about 50+ delta.....meaning the call itself would jump maybe to $11 give or take, I dunno.....

1) I can close the entire spread ( Sell for $11, Buy back the $5.50, and I get to keep the change). I still profit because I net paid $2.77 for this spread. Selling for $5.50 or so Friday would be pretty fabulous.
2) I can roll the short call out/up (on a drastic move ABOVE 155 this may not be a good play, best to close and look for other things)
3) I can let the short call get executed and get hosed (get paid $155 for my "100 shares" which I do not have, so I'd have to exercise my long call to have those 100 shares which eliminates my premium value). Do not do this.

If the equity rockets past the short call, it's time to take some action in the form of 1 or 2.

In any event of a sub $155 close Friday, I can keep the premium on the short call, thereby lowering my burden.

This spread allows me to take a direction, but also try to profit from the high near term Implied Volatility associated with this earnings release.

Hopefully we don't do a lesson on what happens to calendar spreads tomorrow on a Disney Tank lol.
Also, watch what happens to Fridays prices tomorrow. If DIS makes a good move, say to 150......remember that I sold the 155c today for $1.48. A newer trader would say "those 155's will be great tomorrow!" if they're long, but with the IV crush, they likely will decrease and I can buy them back in the event DIS decides to go on an earnings gap up continuation.

Now with all this knowlege, you can be sure DIS opens tomorrow at $132.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU
bmoochie
AG
SHOP with a nice W
aggie_fan13
AG
Need a new etf or stock for my Roth. Any suggestions
First Page Last Page
Page 5000 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.