Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,799 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Chef Elko
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today. Dude an April 5520 SPX call is probably $25K
LMCane
Irish 2.0 said:

I sold the NVDA 2/18 250C at 11. I don't like how slow NVDA is to participate in the rest of this market move. Will revisit it on dips.

Still have the 5/20 275C

been adding to my NVDA position every dip the last month
wanderer
If the ticker is above 12.50 on expiration, you pocket the premium that you sold. If it's under 12.50 on expiration you get assigned 100 shares for each put sold. Your effective entry will be 12.50 minus the premium you sold.

Examples:
  • Sell a 3/18 12.5p for $1.25. As long as the ticker is above 12.50 at expiration, you pocket the $125
  • Sell a 3/18 12.5p for $1.25. If the ticker is at $11 at expiration (or anywhere under 12.50) you get assigned 100 shares. Your effective entry would be $11.25.

Keep in mind that selling puts will affect your buying power (as you have to have the $$ to buy the equity if assigned)
Irish 2.0
LMCane said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I sold the NVDA 2/18 250C at 11. I don't like how slow NVDA is to participate in the rest of this market move. Will revisit it on dips.

Still have the 5/20 275C

been adding to my NVDA position every dip the last month

That's fine. Don't blame you. But with options it is a different story
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Is a close over 4540 too much to ask?
Irish 2.0
Be careful up here. Take profits on anything you might have green. Definitely looking like a lower high and lower low finish on the QQQ. Needs 362 close to get me bullish. That would reclaim the 5 and give us a higher high
McInnis 03
AG
Legged into some XSP Iron Condors so as long as we finish >450.3 or <454.7 I did OK on that one.
Spoony Love
AG
Going in on a quick scalp for today to end with a few bucks maybe:

2/4 SPY $454C only 1 since it is likely lost money but these end of Friday runs seem to come out of nowhere.
BrokeAssAggie
AMD trying to break through $124
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Be careful up here. Take profits on anything you might have green. Definitely looking like a lower high and lower low finish on the QQQ. Needs 362 close to get me bullish. That would reclaim the 5 and give us a higher high
To add to this, SPY is putting a lower high and lower low for the third straight day today.

Max Stonetrail
BrokeAssAggie said:

AMD trying to break through $124
My 2/18 125 calls just went green in my account.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I love the weekly candle we're about to complete, feels like we're on track to follow through with engulfruary, so i grabbed a couple 3/2 474/476 spy call spreads for .2
Brewmaster
AG
VIX is about to dump, if that happens, rocket ship power hour!
jimmo
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I may have found the setup you can literally make your trading career on if you get good at stop placement.

Futures.
Woodies Daily Pivot is the key.

If approaching the daily pivot from above, go long a tick or two above the pivot for that day, set your stop according to your rules, and take profits according to your rules. THere is often a 4-10pt bounce off said pivot.

The rule is inverse for approaching from below. Go short a tick or two below the pivot for that day, then stops/profits according to your rules.

We don't hit the daily pivot each day on ES, so some days no trade.....but overall, pts would be racked in.

May have to switch my style.
The play presented itself today and would have worked for anywhere from 0-8 pts depending...

NQ could have worked too depending on how aggressive the stops were placed.

I like it
McInnis 03
AG
I would suggest against this play on equities. The value in the futures contracts is the defined gain per point. I guess if you're slinging a TON of cash around you could short PYPL at the pivot and hope to gain a few pennies on the trade.....thereby if you moved enough shares you could make some hay.

But on futures, if you trade the ES contract, and you get 5 pts, that's $250 per contract. MES contract would be $25 per contract. NQ would target maybe 20 pts, for $400 on the big boy contract, and $40 on a MNQ contract.

I think you see where I'm going here. It's not an equity play IMO.
jimmo
thanks
Dan Scott
AG
Paradise Ag
AG

A high tide lifts all boats, with the glaring exception of the SS WWR.

They may want to consider hoisting anchor, it would help with the water pouring in the portholes.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

VIX is about to dump, if that happens, rocket ship power hour!
F yeah! I was long a bunch of QQQ calls, closed out around 361, Whoop!

ProgN
Dan Scott said:

I think those shorts are gonna get prison raped
Irish 2.0
Closed my NVDA 5/20 275C at 17. I don't want to carry much exposure over the weekend. I'm done. Y'all have a good one
Dan Scott
AG
Devin Nunes talking Truth Social. Sounds like launch will be end of March rather than Presidents' Day. Maybe explains why March 110 calls were being bought

https://rumble.com/vu1n62-coming-soon-devin-nunes-gives-an-update-on-truth-social.html
McInnis 03
AG
SNAP gonna break 40, unreal.
AgEng06
AG
Spoony Love said:

Going in on a quick scalp for today to end with a few bucks maybe:

2/4 SPY $454C only 1 since it is likely lost money but these end of Friday runs seem to come out of nowhere.
Followed on this for 300%, stopped out earlier.
Ranger222
AG
Kinda want to do something with BTC candle....looking at COIN and MSTR.

COIN earnings 2/25....I think 2/18 COIN calls could be interesting here with potential gap up on Monday
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I would suggest against this play on equities. The value in the futures contracts is the defined gain per point. I guess if you're slinging a TON of cash around you could short PYPL at the pivot and hope to gain a few pennies on the trade.....thereby if you moved enough shares you could make some hay.

But on futures, if you trade the ES contract, and you get 5 pts, that's $250 per contract. MES contract would be $25 per contract. NQ would target maybe 20 pts, for $400 on the big boy contract, and $40 on a MNQ contract.

I think you see where I'm going here. It's not an equity play IMO.
Can you play it with SPY and QQQ? Strong correlation there or futures only?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I may have found the setup you can literally make your trading career on if you get good at stop placement.

Futures.

If approaching the daily pivot from above, go long a tick or two above the pivot for that day, set your stop according to your rules, and take profits according to your rules. THere is often a 4-10pt bounce off said pivot.

The rule is inverse for approaching from below. Go short a tick or two below the pivot for that day, then stops/profits according to your rules.

We don't hit the daily pivot each day on ES, so some days no trade.....but overall, pts would be racked in.

The play presented itself today and would have worked for anywhere from 0-8 pts depending...

Presented again. I'm not sure I'd take this play at end of day, but it worked here.

McInnis 03
AG
These are some super duper low TRIN numbers, makes me wonder if the play is puts over the weekend....or just stay flat.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

These are some super duper low TRIN numbers, makes me wonder if the play is puts over the weekend....or just stay flat.
Closes below .6 is bearish next day 80% of the time (Carter).
jimmo
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Futures.

Presented again. I'm not sure I'd take this play at end of day, but it worked here.

made a little beer & cigarette money
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What a puke!!
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

What a puke!!
THey freaking pinned it at SPX 4500, because of course they did. I'm getting .06 on my 450/452 XSP verticals lol
Tumble Weed

What a puke!!

The texags effect. Everyone took profits and went home early on a Friday.
sts7049
AG
ES-F looked like it was gonna bust out of this megaphone but it just faked out. now we're back inside it...maybe not a good omen
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Is a close over 4540 too much to ask?

It was
First Page Last Page
Page 4983 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.