Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,943 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Chef Elko
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RIP MY FACE OFF SPY.
bhanacik
AG
BREwmaster said:

added SNAP 35P lottos @ .55
picked up a couple SNAP 02/11/2022 35.00 P for 1.6 as well

not doing so good so far but hopefully see a turnaround today or next week
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone notice SNAP is up 50% today
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

QQQ needs to push here and break the H&S pattern on the 5min
What ya gonna do QQQ? H&S broken. Higher high and higher low on the 60min...Now is the time to act!
Irish 2.0
NVDA not participating is pissing me off
aggie_fan13
AG
whats with the market, we are all over the place today
Dan Scott
AG
NVDA earnings on February 16th.

GOOGL had good earnings and popped 10%
AMZN good earnings and popped 20%
AMD had good earnings and popped 15%

No reason NVDA can't pop 10-15% from where it is now on good earnings. However the trend has been for it to run into earnings instead of the big pop.

I think NVDA February 18 260 calls for around $6 is good risk/reward. It's not crazy to think NVDA gets back to 300 so risking $6 to make $34.
Ragoo
AG
Dan Scott said:

NVDA earnings on February 16th.

GOOGL had good earnings and popped 10%
AMZN good earnings and popped 20%
AMD had good earnings and popped 15%

No reason NVDA can't pop 10-15% from where it is now on good earnings. However the trend has been for it to run into earnings instead of the big pop.

I think NVDA February 18 260 calls for around $6 is good risk/reward. It's not crazy to think NVDA gets back to 300 so risking $6 to make $34.
i grabbed a couple ATM for 2/18
theNetSmith
AG
BREwmaster said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Saw that too. I think Brew is drunk
yeah and trolling you QQQ call holders, lol

had one of these and some Altstadt... damn BVB can brew some fine beer (Brazos Valley Brewing): Slippin into Darkness is an imperial stout brewed with coffee, cacao nibs, and a tiny bit of coconut. and no that is not me pouring after a couple of these, ha!
also fwiw, I think we run up more tomorrow and don't sell til close to close.

after I saw your post about Slippin', I immediately started looking to see if anyone in B/CS is carrying it, to no avail. but I ended up chatting with the BVB tap room manager via FB and he told me that it won't be available in the tap room or canned until next weekend.. where did you manage to find it?
Brewmaster
AG
I think we break to the upside here... Q's breaking upward out of channel
Spoony Love
AG
SPY should retest the ORH of 448.72. Once it does, it should break free to $450.

just closed a SPY 2/4 $446C from 1.49 to 3.00, and rolled the other to 2/7 $449C. Let's go!
59 South
AG
Oh yea, no worries. No slight on you for posting it. I like to see all the various perspectives so I do file it away as a data point.
Dan Scott
AG
NIO is another good risk/reward earnings play IMO,

Earnings February 28th. There have been report that presales of Et7 approaching 50K. Deliveries begin in March. If NIO confirms any of that it flies.

$28 is where it collapsed from. It can get back there and fill in the gap and pop back into the 30s.

March 4, 25 calls at $1.50 could double at least when stock hits 28 and more when it pushes into the 30s.
oldarmy1
AG
Spoony Love said:

I like the MGNI leap play. I may watch for a dip down over the next week or so for an entry. But even 2.60 is a good entry.

That move to $12's was the dip IMO. I see it moving on out now, reclaiming $15 and working ebbs and flows to $24-25. That's where we get a new round of net free, although it's like 1st round part 2 since I bailed on the crazy run up last time.

Irish 2.0
I have NVDA 2/18 250C at 10 and 5/20 275C at 15
Spoony Love
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Spoony Love said:

I like the MGNI leap play. I may watch for a dip down over the next week or so for an entry. But even 2.60 is a good entry.

That move to $12's was the dip IMO. I see it moving on out now, reclaiming $15 and working ebbs and flows to $24-25. That's where we get a new round of net free, although it's like 1st round part 2 since I bailed on the crazy run up last time.

*quickly deposits more funds to TDA after reading.
BrokeAssAggie
We ripping now ladies
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah I think this was an Austin area find last time we were over there.

BCS grocery stores especially need to up their game in beer selection. HEB south CS isn't bad, could be better, Kroger in Bryan is awful - a million seltzers, light beers and a tiny offering of true texas micros.
Sorry rant over! Good luck on your search!
oldarmy1
AG
Ha! Heck sell a bunch of March $12.50 puts for $1+ if you see it coming back. Worse case you're in the stock you wanted below $12 or pocket an easy $1/share if my scenario plays out.
Dan Scott
AG
DWAC baby! if this break 90 its on like Donkey Kong!
BrokeAssAggie
Geee let me think….

Philip J Fry
AG
If I actually had the guts to play SAVA the way I do other stocks, I'd make a lot more. This stupid FDA decision makes me unwilling to sell for nice profit. And it always just rinses and repeats.
FTAG 2000
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Geee let me think….

Gonna trot out some soviet style price controls to make up for his anti-energy policies.
Dan Scott
AG
I think market is setup for beutiful bounce in February. We had our shakedown, bounced back above the 200MA, today we back tested and supported it.

We got through the meat of earnings. NVDA is the next major company. I think market takes a pause next week from super volatility and relaxes.

Then middle of the month we deal with government shutdown noise again but nothing will happen.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Decent lotto is SPX 5520
Carlo4
AG
Market moves today make me think we are watching Happy Gilmore's last putt to get the Golden Jacket from Shooter
McInnis 03
AG
MaroonDynasty
Spoony Love said:

oldarmy1 said:

Spoony Love said:

*quickly deposits more funds to TDA after reading.
1st time we have seen a day like this on MGNI in like a year with this kind of price action.
McInnis 03
AG
ES has another move coming here doesn't it?
McInnis 03
AG
NICE CALL MCSTRADAMUS
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Decent lotto is SPX 5520

25% from this
Spoony Love
AG
This is the next step in my evolution. I just can't seem to wrap my head around selling puts. Pretend like I'm 5 and wanted to do just as you say. If it goes to $15 by expiry, what happens? If it goes to $10 by expiry, what happens?

I think I know but sometimes I don't trust myself.
Irish 2.0
I sold the NVDA 2/18 250C at 11. I don't like how slow NVDA is to participate in the rest of this market move. Will revisit it on dips.

Still have the 5/20 275C
FTAG 2000
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Decent lotto is SPX 5520
For today or April?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I may have found the setup you can literally make your trading career on if you get good at stop placement.

Futures.
Woodies Daily Pivot is the key.

If approaching the daily pivot from above, go long a tick or two above the pivot for that day, set your stop according to your rules, and take profits according to your rules. THere is often a 4-10pt bounce off said pivot.

The rule is inverse for approaching from below. Go short a tick or two below the pivot for that day, then stops/profits according to your rules.

We don't hit the daily pivot each day on ES, so some days no trade.....but overall, pts would be racked in.

May have to switch my style.
The play presented itself today and would have worked for anywhere from 0-8 pts depending...

NQ could have worked too depending on how aggressive the stops were placed.
First Page Last Page
Page 4982 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.