Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,989 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Another small gap just above there around 410ish.

Despite these little bumps these past couple days, you are right. We are below significant moving averages and failure to reclaim them soon only seems to give the impression of more weakness.

I know some folks are going long on things and I get it. I too agree there are some 'oversold' names.

For me though….and it's just my 'system' or method…it's a trading environment only. I'll enter longs when there is a confirmation of reversals and EMA reclaims. I don't mind protecting cash and missing a few points to the upside should it happen.

I can't babysit at the moment and I don't like to just set stops and walk away unless it's trailing to the upside.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Futures puking.

I want to see SPY 400 . Just my sick mind.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Dan Scott
AG
What happened to futures. Turned down hard
McInnis 03
AG
Squeezemetrics DIX was off the charts high today indicating significant dark pool activity in the S&P basket......

jj9000
AG
FJ43 said:

Futures puking.

Minus 100-150.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Dan Scott said:

What happened to futures. Turned down hard

ASX is puking. Maybe that's driving it? Doesn't SPX cash session open 6pm central? That would correspond with when futures went red.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm too stupid to understand this.
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Could mean bullish, I think..
mazag08
AG
Hey everyone,

If anyone sees any value in it, feel free to post some stocks with earnings coming up that you might be interested playing. I'll let you know if I'm seeing a wave setup that is primed for a spike in one direction or another. If not, no biggie.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Read this

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4100s probably inevitable at this point.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
lobwedgephil
Unfortunately agree, they are bailing out of ES buy orders before it gets to them.
ProgN
Does anyone in here live in Austin or close by?
Triple_Bagger
ProgN said:

I live in north Austin (Avery Ranch)
tlepoC
AG
Yes
BrokeAssAggie
ProgN said:

Yes
Spoony Love
AG
Another successful Texags hookup?
Carlo4
AG
aggiedaniel06
AG
This is a bunch of nonsense and I have debunked this a few times over the last year whenever this has come up.

Here are the facts.
1. Darkpool trades are done when ultra large players want to enter or exit without affecting the tape. Most of the time these are international orders. Think sovereign funds, etc..
2. These trades can be reported upto 24 hours from when it was made.
3. The trades are made at a pre negotiated price. That is why there is no way to know whether it was a buy or a sell unless the brokering bank tells you.
4. During times of high volatility it is common to see higher dark pool activity. Because that's when big money makes buy / sells in a big chunks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just my opinion. We are going to have major selling if we start going under 4280. We likely bottom in the mid to high 4100s before a bounce to 4500.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Since you're here: what's your take on things?
Max Stonetrail
mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

If anyone sees any value in it, feel free to post some stocks with earnings coming up that you might be interested playing. I'll let you know if I'm seeing a wave setup that is primed for a spike in one direction or another. If not, no biggie.
Hi Mazag,

How about AMD? Earnings Tuesday 2/1.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Daniel, I believe you mainly play a gamma neutral game where you profit off of selling theta (correct me if I'm wrong), so I didn't think forecasting where the market is going was a big priority to you? But what are your thoughts on where the market is going? Do you see this as potentially a massive rip down to late 2020 levels or do you think it's more likely that SPX will hold above 4000?
ProgN
Cool, my girlfriend and I are talking about going to Top Golf for a fun date night. I'll post when we do and it'd be cool if any of y'all wanted to meet us there.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Simple rule of thumb. QE on, good for equities. QE off, or even worse QT bad for equities.

Higher the PE, worse it performs in a rising rate environment.

Powell said in no uncertain terms that they want to offload equities from Fed balance sheet and only hold treasury securities. That's probably going to only happen in H2 but it all points to a tightening belt.

I think the easy returns in high growth names doesn't return until the we enter another easy money environment.
mazag08
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

Hi Mazag,

On it
Brewmaster
AG

Just my opinion. We are going to have major selling if we start going under 4280. We likely bottom in the mid to high 4100s before a bounce to 4500.
this is partly due to lots of margin calls hitting (aka liquidated), righty right?

not sure if you noticed, but Q's fell right back to resistance / support line of HP's megaphone by close. For the record too, I only post his free twitter charts, nothing in his sub (not currently a subscriber) although his levels are nails.
Max Stonetrail
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

NFLX running AH
Quote:

Bill Ackman reveals 3,000,000 share purchase of NFLX. Stock up 6%
When the Covid crying ***** Ackman bought 3MM shares it will have that effect. He's good at what he does but when it was found out that he added positions immediately after his fearful crying interview on CNBC about Covid in 2020, he lost all credibility in my book.
Ackman has talked his book on CNBC for years. I like it, because it gives me ideas to trade. If he's crying about something, his traders are buying boatloads in the background. And vice versa, if he's cheerleading, he's likely selling.
BrokeAssAggie
Nice. Let me know
Bob Knights Paper Hands
mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for offering this! The AMD that was previously asked for would be great. Also AMZN and SPOT would be dandy.
aggiedaniel06
AG
The Fed is the name of the game. We are sitting at about a 12% correction in SPX. I think if the fed sticks to their plan of the first raise in March & QE completely over in a month, we are going to get a full 20% correction.

But the Fed is famous for stating tightening measures, and hoping the expectations of those measures fixes the problem, versus actually implementing those measures. So if the market catches a whiff that the Fed is only jawboning in regards to QT, we'll shoot right back up.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

mazag08 said:

Hey everyone,

Hi Mazag,

On it
how about a value stock like F (since we seem to be in an anti growth anti tech market lately)
F reports 2/3 I believe
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Futures puking.

I bet this prints chief. Let's kill some SPY and Q scalping on the way down. Great thoughts and charts as always.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
How about a dnn update? Uh...for a friend
Also ostk could be a good one
OutlawAG04
aggiedaniel06 said:

The Fed is the name of the game. We are sitting at about a 12% correction in SPX. I think if the fed sticks to their plan of the first raise in March & QE completely over in a month, we are going to get a full 20% correction.

But the Fed is famous for stating tightening measures, and hoping the expectations of those measures fixes the problem, versus actually implementing those measures. So if the market catches a whiff that the Fed is only jawboning in regards to QT, we'll shoot right back up.

With midterms this year, how likely is a full on puke? Approval ratings are already in the toilet, everyone is sick of Covid, people are slowly feeling impact of inflation, etc. I try to focus on what is in front of us for trading and value any feedback regarding the political ramifications acting as a vehicle to prop the markets up.
First Page Last Page
Page 4924 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.