Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,132 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charlie Murphy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazag08 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if TSLA dipped to $700.

Um. What?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
austinAg slangin truf.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ridiculous things that won't happen but would be hilarious if they did: markets run up AH and premarket and tomorrow we open at 4408.43 again.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The supply chain issues potentially creating loss of revenue over the next 2 years are real. That said it's climbing back to 940 now. Just need another 6.1% from here and then it can do whatever it wants to.
cageybee77
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I ended up 3.34% in the green today. I'll take it
yuge!
Dan Scott
AG
Bill Ackman reveals 3,000,000 share purchase of NFLX. Stock up 6%
Dan Scott
AG
Elon bullish on self-driving vehicles. Says they could have a car end of this year and will be the future of Tesla.
Max Stonetrail
ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

BREwmaster said:

NTXAg10 said:

Anyone buying long here?

I'm looking at MSFT, ROKU, and NVDA
nope!

with this pullback, we could see much lower on tech. and tech seasonality continues through February.
I agree, but I think SPY ends today green. However, I think we are generally headed down over the next couple of weeks.
Probably not today, but huge trade opportunities are there for the taking.
I was wrong and SPY did not end the day green, but close. It might get there after hours. I sold out of a SPY C scalp about 3 minutes after the close.

I see potential pain on the horizon. For disclosure I have no short or long trading positions. I will be curious to see how tomorrow opens. I will probably try to limit my trading to intraday.
Max Stonetrail
Dan Scott said:

Elon bullish on self-driving vehicles. Says they could have a car end of this year and will be the future of Tesla.
I get it. Self driving vehicles are cool.

My question is, what roads are these vehicles going to drive on? I do not see how a self driving car could make it across Dallas. My normal commute is about 20 minutes within Dallas city limits, no freeways. I do not see with the terrible road conditions, construction and random obstacles how any of the current or even planned autonomous technology could make that drive.
planoaggie123
AG
Between people doing makeup and reading their phones....many cars are already practically self-driving in Dallas....
FTAG 2000
AG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKEBnS6XMAAUc2m?format=jpg&name=large
Dan Scott
AG
TSLA not working on 25K car, no new models, their focus is on the autonomous cars and the robot, which Elon says is bigger business than cars.

It seems like Elon is bored of cars
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yeah but then you'd just kill a few people from Dallas. Still don't see the downside.
Irish 2.0
Tesla is a technology company. Anyone that keeps trying to compare them to a conventional car company has missed the mark tremendously.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
NFLX running AH
14Clubs
Irish 2.0 said:

Tesla is a technology company. Anyone that keeps trying to compare them to a conventional car company has missed the mark tremendously.
I agree here. That is why I think RIVN and the other electric vehicle companies cannot be compared to TSLA on a valuation or multiple basis.

That said, I do not own TSLA and am not sure it deserves it's rich valuation.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

NFLX running AH
Quote:

Bill Ackman reveals 3,000,000 share purchase of NFLX. Stock up 6%
When the Covid crying ***** Ackman bought 3MM shares it will have that effect. He's good at what he does but when it was found out that he added positions immediately after his fearful crying interview on CNBC about Covid in 2020, he lost all credibility in my book.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

yes this x infinity. Musk filed (last year I believe) to become an electricity provider in the state of Texas. They are capable of (and maybe already have now) of building batteries that can provide emergency power to 1000's of customers.

Glad they are in Texas now and not commiefornia!
Dan Scott
AG
"I would be shocked if we do not achieve full self driving safer than a human this year"
Touchless
AG
Can Musk please announce a partnership with MVIS? Asking too much?

Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

Can Musk please announce a partnership with MVIS? Asking too much?

And WWR while we're at it.
bmks270
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Look at a pie chart of where Tesla gets revenue.

That will tell you what kind of company Tesla is.
Triple_Bagger
Bob Knights Liver said:

You gonna play short tomorrow before the ER? And then go long afterwards?
My employer won't let me short individual stocks, but I will go long if we get a dip.

If planning to play short, you shouldn't do with options since the moves have been happening outside of RTH. Short sell shares with a tight stop.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

It's amazing how separated that white and yellow (I'm guessing 10 and 20-month) have gotten.
Top to bottom - 5,8,12, 21,50,100,200
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Redneck charting. Important spot gents. Chart wise anyway.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Spoony Love
AG
What makes the shaded areas you show important areas? While I don't disagree, I'm curious what you're seeing.
Dan Scott
AG
CLOV's presentation at the JPMorgan Healthcare Conference. What they're selling is exciting. They had nice revenue growth in 3q but also increased cost.

https://jpmorgan.metameetings.net/events/healthcare22/sessions/39892-clover-health/webcast?gpu_only=true&kiosk=true
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

What makes the shaded areas you show important areas? While I don't disagree, I'm curious what you're seeing.
That's just an old gap I had highlighted that was never filled. Approx 398-407ish. More importantly is where we are are, the volume and what we are rejecting. The 200EMA has been lost, reclaimed (1 day) then rejected the two days following.

Spoony Love
AG
Ok that makes sense then.

I'm eyeing the $407 level. I think the market wants to fill that gap down and you're right, the 200 is lost. Setting new levels on the way down.

I say that because it tried to fill that gap but it took off from there until now.
Brewmaster
AG
SPY actually looks slightly more bullish than SPX. SPY looks like it closed roughly same spot, while SPX (below) shows lower. Good point on rejection of the 200 day. Hard rejection.

BaylorSpineGuy
Another small gap just above there around 410ish.

Despite these little bumps these past couple days, you are right. We are below significant moving averages and failure to reclaim them soon only seems to give the impression of more weakness.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

SPY actually looks slightly more bullish than SPX. SPY looks like it closed roughly same spot, while SPX (below) shows lower. Good point on rejection of the 200 day. Hard rejection.

IMO same thing more less.

chiphijason
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

Dan Scott said:

I get it. Self driving vehicles are cool.

My question is, what roads are these vehicles going to drive on? I do not see how a self driving car could make it across Dallas. My normal commute is about 20 minutes within Dallas city limits, no freeways. I do not see with the terrible road conditions, construction and random obstacles how any of the current or even planned autonomous technology could make that drive.
This is true. Autonomous cars have what is called the physicality problem, that the data from sensors is too uncertain and dirty to allow them to function in anything but fairly ideal conditions. Anyone that has bee into Buffalo in winter will see that autonomous cars will not be useable in larger portions of the country for a large part of the year.

The only way that cars can be widely used autonomously in the near future is if we as a society decide that robot cars killing a few thousand people a year is acceptable because it is a statistically lower rate than human drivers. If cars are held to a no-failure rate, it will be many years before they become widespread.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If I did go short and use puts, the play would be to only do as many puts as I could cover with shares in the AH to lock in a profit. Then I could buy/trade more shares long as a separate trade during the AH if I think it's going up. I'm not sure I'm brazen enough to do that in this market though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures puking.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 4923 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.