Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,198 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Still in clov. What a POS.

I wish I knew how to remove it from my viewing in my portfolio. Hate days when everything in my portfolio is green and clov is bringing up the rear in red.
Triple_Bagger
GTIAG09 said:

PROG, oof.
Crazy move. -20% then back to even. Thought I might get to keep my shares I sold C2s against.
BTFD
Triple_Bagger
NRD09 said:

Gonna try and get assigned some sofi Friday. Sold 21p for 1.65
Good play. Looks like you'll get the premium, not the shares.
FTAG 2000
AG
AFRM -

That thing dropped like crazy coming into earnings. And destroyed earnings and is running hard AH.

Not sure what to make of that, MMs taking it down before hand for room to run / cheap shares?
mazag08
AG
DIS down to $157 would fill a huge gap before going up to $235.
FTAG 2000
AG
Couldn't get a fill on BYND puts before the close.
ProgN
Everyone should be cognizant of when 80 is approached on the RSI for the market and take a more conservative, if not bearish position, because the markets are priced for perfection. It doesn't matter if your stock beats earnings and revenue, especially if they're a smaller stock, they'll all get hit. This is not the time to assume and think trailing earnings are relevant, the market is forward thinking. You can still trade, but reign in expectations and trade, don't gamble.

You haven't discovered the secret to the market, no one has, and you never will. Look at the headwinds. Inflation, rising energy costs and supply chain issues. Someone point out the positives in our current environment. Not preaching, just don't want anyone in here to expose themselves to undue risk and lose. FWIW, last week of December, and January, I think you'll see a lot of selling pressure regardless of earnings because forward guidance is a better chance of being negative than positive.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Elon buyin back those shares or what?

Elon still hasn't sold his shares.
MEag02
AG
SENS is my #1 success story after following this thread and learning so much. Between covered calls, shares and going net free on the last run up, this is easily a 10x return for me already and it will only get better when FDA approves the 180 day.
McInnis 03
AG
SOFI and AFRM doing great AH
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Triple_Bagger
Positives:
  • Market has the support of the Federal Reserve. They'll do everything they can to keep the market at ATHs.
  • Inflation is the highest it's been in decades so many don't want to hold cash. There aren't many places to put money where returns will outpace inflation, so the stock market is the best place to park it.

Don't take this is a bullish sentiment. I've been bearish since August and it hurts. I just don't think we see a massive drop unless something big and unexpected happens.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

NRD09 said:

Gonna try and get assigned some sofi Friday. Sold 21p for 1.65
Good play. Looks like you'll get the premium, not the shares.

I'll take it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I felt naked when I took profits on those vxx calls and flipped to weekly vxx puts but I thought to myself "they lied last time and they're probably lying this time"
So far so good!
Just need dkng to get back on track and I'm gonna have a good week!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This is my opinion as well. I expect more pain next week and then a run until before Christmas. A 1H 2022 major correction feels right, but they will do everything they can to prop it up through early Nov for political reasons.
FaceMask
AG 2000' said:

AFRM -

That thing dropped like crazy coming into earnings. And destroyed earnings and is running hard AH.

Not sure what to make of that, MMs taking it down before hand for room to run / cheap shares?

Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

DIS down to $157 would fill a huge gap before going up to $235.
and just saw a headline something like "Cramer recommends selling some stocks to raise cash in this time of uncertainty".

so we must be going to 4800 next? LOL
Brewmaster
AG
AG 2000' said:

AFRM -

yeah cheap shares, cheap calls, etc. as long as IV stays low-ish. If IV runs crazy, they dump it even more, but typically they'd run it up before earnings if IV is high (then dump it at earnings regardless of beat or not).
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

AG 2000' said:

AFRM -

yeah cheap shares, cheap calls, etc. as long as IV stays low-ish. If IV runs crazy, they dump it even more, but typically they'd run it up before earnings if IV is high (then dump it at earnings regardless of beat or not).
Yeah, I'm used to seeing the latter.

They crushed this hard this week and now it's back up to over where it closed last week.

Interesting.

LatinAggie1997
AG
Irish 2.0
He quoted an old story

FTAG 2000
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

That's outdated.

They paid (you can see when news of payment hit if you look at SPY today - right around 1:35 PM)
LatinAggie1997
AG
Thanks
BaylorSpineGuy
https://t.co/3F9tkHug0K

This didn't come from our good friends at WWR, did it?
austinAG90
AG
Don't even get me started on CNBC and Cramer....he should be in jail for insider trading and David Faber got his big story because we fed it him in 1999 regarding Sprint/MCI and wireless cable companies.....I really should write a book regarding that...Just finished up a SPAC (NN) (we are well past quiet period here so no worries there though I won't make any recommendations on anything our fund is involved).. acquiring some of that very spectrum that was in play in 1999....Of course MCI became Worldcom and that was great distressed bond to trade back in the day before Trace and Screens and regulations.....As I mentioned I will be around in the AM but most of my colleagues will be enjoying Veteran's Day and will post commentary from Europe etc...China - we have looked at several "distressed" issuers there and to be honest won't buy it at any price as jurisdiction is about as stable as a stripper's monkey on a Halloween Night...No trust there and China has always had a way of making their problems go away even in world markets... As I mentioned I was finally able to hit that POS ASAN right and let $150Ps ride it out...I'm leaving for S Texas mid morning tomorrow but with a 8AM call Friday morning I will post along our comments from the deer stand Friday....I'll end with 2 things..1) Started HH early today not just because huge ASAN trade but with tomorrow being Veteran's Day I will remember my friend Scimi and our fun times in NYC and our talks and 2) If we could find anyway to buy calls on Aggie FB recruiting I would buy everyone that some fool would write...Triple Bagger on here would have to change his handle to Ten Bagger.....We ain't finished yet on her either....

PS there was another question regarding the 2yr net effect earlier today...3% will be low when this hits the fan....

Typo $140P but still the same...Enjoy
McKinney Ag69
AG
Does anyone here ever use their trading platform to screen stocks who just had bad earnings reports with a big overreaction sell-off? I feel like there's money to be made if you bought leaps for some of those companies.

SYTA is interesting. It looks like you might have the first end of a goalpost there. Earnings were abysmal.

Triple_Bagger
McInnis 03
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

McInnis 03 said:

I think he did

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

McInnis 03 said:

I think he did

Only sold 257k shares.

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So only 1.7 million shares to go? I think this OPEX week is going to make Feb2021 and March2021 look like October 2021.
ProgN
I consider everyone here as family, even if a few of us buttheads on F16, but I want you to know. My older sister joined my dad on the other side tonight and I know she's in a much better place. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. If anyone wants to pray, please pray for my mom for strength because burying her firstborn is extremely difficult for her, and me as well. I may be absent for a bit, but I'll be back when we lay her to rest.
krosch11
AG
Hate to hear this news. Prayers for you and your mother prog.
Irish 2.0
Sorry for your loss ProgN.

T&P
FJ43
Triple_Bagger said:

That was a fast double on VIX calls. I'm out
Congrats!

Sure miss the scalps with y'all. Hoping after the first of the year I can play in the sandbox with y'all and post a few setups and plays.

For now....have to focus.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Talon2DSO
AG
My thoughts and prayers are withnyou and your family
FJ43
Just read this. I'm so deeply sorry to hear this Prog. My heart hurts for you and for your mom. Losing a sister is painful and can't imagine losing a child.

Know that I will be praying for both of you tonight and each morning at o'dark thirty for peace and comfort. Y'all are covered in prayer brother.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 4636 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.