Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,040,541 Views | 231649 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BTI shares should be higher tomorrow and likely at its nearest peak prior to EX-DIV on 10/1. Early morning tomorrow I'll likely enter orders to sell Calls against my shares. Looking at Nov 19 $40 Calls trying to get something more than 10 cents. For me the Nov Calls are sort of like no-mans-land. It's an in-between period of Div pay out and a month before the next EX-DIV date and that translates to low chance period of losing your shares. If I lose them, so be it. I'll just rebuy. Just don't need the additional exercise hassle to replace. ... Yeah, I'm lazy.

ETA: BTI shares should be higher tomorrow and likely at its nearest peak prior to EX-DIV on 10/1. = I'm thinking close to $37.50 per share.
Taking a break from outdoor chores.

If anyone is playing along on this....

BTI - Today's High = $37.27...so far
If it hits and breaks $37.29 that's the 50DSMA ( I thought it would break that barrier today). If it breaks and hopefully stays above, there's a gap from 9/8/21 that needs to be closed at $37.42. BTI should have zero problem hitting $37.42 as long as it Closes above $37.29 or significantly breaks $37.29 and has a small retreat today. Tomorrow, same scenario. Also, BTI is above all the following supports 5, 8, 21 DSMA .

Looking at Nov19-40's and Mar18-40's

I doubt I get my Calls today, probably tomorrow.

Welp,...my plans for today went up in smoke, I do believe..

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/bfcaf7be-57a1-318d-ab6e-acefa72fc7c6/u-s-trade-body-rules-against.html

BTI down $1.11 in Pre-Market.
FJ43

USWS

30k play here....

Went to 1.20 yesterday on 80M share goal post volume.

I sold yesterday all shares but bought back in early premarket at .72

Currently .79 and could be a play back to $1+

No Option Chain to leverage so shares only.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

La Bamba
AG
Carlo4 said:

La Bamba said:

Billy Baroo said:

As someone whose largest holdings include ELOX, WWR, CLOV, and PLTR, think I'll be hitting up Spec's on the way home for some more bourbon after the last two days.
Hang in there. ELOX is a Nov/Dec name and WWR is a 2022 name. Hard to stomach the price movement right now, that's a fact.
Looking at the charts, there is an ascending trendline from it's low point of $1.18 back on 8/17. The other low point on 9/8 helps make that line. Drawing it out, looks like it's around $1.57 range. In other words, we are pretty near the "bottom" hopefully. I'll worry a little more if it closes below that.

There is also a parallel trendline on the upside that has it going well over $1.90 at this point. Use 8/27, 9/10, and 9/17. That's a 15% range in price, so definitely a harder pill to swallow than others.

I posted this chart on the ELOX thread but you're 100 percent right, we have a positive trendline starting from the 8/17 lows that technically we are still riding. That 9/8 date was the date of the fast track designation and you can see the daily volume there. Now, it's obvious 1.80s/1.90s is a key level. It was the support line for a while (mid June) following the summer breakout on the insider buying news and is acting as resistance now. Need to break that and base there to start going higher. Will be interesting to see what this does in the next couple days.

cageybee77
AG
still dropping a bit.

edit -bought a few at .75
gougler08
AG
FAMI has been a roller coaster lately
austinAG90
AG
Thursday Macros

Last night there were headlines that the government shut down/ debt ceiling debacle, would be contained for now as the Congress kicked the can down the road with a continuing resolution to December 3... Do not be surprised if we have similar trials and tribulations then... Nonetheless equities, both in the US and Europe, rallied to their highs about 4 am... Then in Europe they gave back all of their equity gains, while US futures gave back about half... Treasuries are weaker, but the 10 year has sustained about a 3 basis range overnight... Again, this move is not meaningful, and we would be surprised to see large ranges today... It is both month end and quarter end, and the flows should be index related along with reallocations ... Friday, or possibly next week, could be the start of another large move.

Rates... We look at recent moves in three waves... The first was the upward move due to inflation and supply chain issues in the beginning of the year... That brought 10 years to 1.77 and 5 years to .98... Then as the shorts got excited and positions got overextended we reversed where 10 years got to 1 and 5 years to the low 60's... Now we are in the third leg, where rates should now take out the recent high yields and go on to the next level... We see 5 years getting to 1.31 and 10 years to 2 %... Won't happen right away but it will happen...probably won't be a great fourth quarter for equities, but as long as corporate bond issuance and demand stay strong, we don't see more than a 10% correction... Maybe a bit more

Fed... 7 speakers today including Powell in front of Congress... How much more can they say?... Hawks are hawks and even Doves know they have to taper.. The time line has been set... Assuming next weeks employment number is not ridiculous in either direction, tapering should be announced and implemented in November... If we were them, we might wait a touch to see the October number just beyond their meeting date in November... Nonetheless tapering is a little more than a month away, and regardless of what Harker says about a "boring" tapering, expect tremendous volatility in the rate structure and the curve... As for Powell, we reviewed his comments yesterday about inflation and supply chains... While he has finally relented that he understated them most of the year, he now seems to have religion... Supply chains are not just bad, they are collapsing, as a headline of Seeking Alpha said last night... Powell now thinks 2022 is when supply chain issues will be mitigated... Did you see the latest moves in

1) Solar panels ...Shanghai Silicon spot prices are up 300% since August
2) Food prices...China's disappointing harvests and Brazil's disastrous crops
3) Energy prices and supply... Panic in the UK...
4) Housing prices and rent increases...some cities seeing 25% yearly increases
5) Power outages throughout China...Even Chinese Manu are looking elsewhere

It is going to be an ugly winter for the stagflation argument... So we think the rate structure will take it on the chin...but if we are wrong, it will be because the risk structure takes it on the chin and rates become more range bound.

Corporate bonds continue to come with strong demand...as does HY...Evergrande is a disaster, but we read that the Head of PBOC had bankers together this morning to get them to support real estate and homes, with the continuing lending of money ... We think Evergrande will be contained, but there is plenty of wrong in China right now... And that is not going away... And for those reporters who still think that Evergrande is going to pay interest on dollar bonds that are trading in the 20's, your only hope is that Citi is the trustee...

Do not expect much today... But lots of Fed speak...and continue to watch the curve..5/30 at 108 is a key level that is worth watching, especially if it breaks... US corporate bonds remains the least dirty shirt in the global laundry...Treasuries are down 2.17% this month...corporates down .94% but HY is up .04 and up 4.59% YTD. Have a good day
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

HoustonAg2014
AG
If WWR holds its current price at the open, I feel like we get over resistance today and close close to $4 tomorrow. Maybe wishful thinking
FJ43

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ready to be done with September.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I took a long in /CL here. Stop 74.49
I'm not sure why, but read this in the gym lockerroom at 6am and quickly looked at /MGC.....it was at a recent low so I loaded up........got 10 freaking points out of that....so thanks I think?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We will wake you up. When September Endsss.
FJ43
PROG wants $1.50

La Bamba
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do you remember, the 21st night of September
Love was changing the mind of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away
59 South
AG
NRD09 said:

bmoochie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

You should stop and get a seven haircuts first.
Fixed it

We're going about this all wrong... with the new franchise model getting more haircuts won't add shareholder value, new franchises will!
Eastern tennessee have any supercuts? Maybe one in the visitors center of smoky mountain National Park? A deal with the national park service would result in dozens! 59, they got supercuts across the pond, mate?
I'm the last person you should ask about haircuts or haircut places. I've cut my own for over a decade now. Self inflicted #1 all over for this bald dude.

It does look like there is a supercuts.co.uk, and maps shows quite a few locations although I don't recall ever seeing one. I've always heard that Toni & Guy is the go-to chain place here, and to get a real man experience, you hit up Big Jim's Trims. More of a bespoke culture with mostly non-chain barbers. Burly dudes giving you a proper shave and a pint included in the price and a heated footy discussion type stuff...

So we investing in haircuts now? What happened to this place??? Not knocking it as I hugely regret ignoring stocks for pizza, burritos, movie theatres, brick & mortar video games, and the likes....
59 South
AG
austinAG90 said:

...Did you see the latest moves in

It is going to be an ugly winter for the stagflation argument... So we think the rate structure will take it on the chin...but if we are wrong, it will be because the risk structure takes it on the chin and rates become more range bound...

You guys let me know when I'm supposed to panic and start buying up all the blanket supply cause it is already pretty chilly here. And I'll let you all know when I run out of hot water.

Boris says it is all good and no need to worry cause we're gonna have a super duper Christmas season this year. But he also said that about covid last fall a few days/weeks before he cancelled Christmas.
cageybee77
AG
looks like CEI might make another run. careful careful
LOYAL AG
AG
59 South said:

austinAG90 said:

...Did you see the latest moves in

It is going to be an ugly winter for the stagflation argument... So we think the rate structure will take it on the chin...but if we are wrong, it will be because the risk structure takes it on the chin and rates become more range bound...

You guys let me know when I'm supposed to panic and start buying up all the blanket supply cause it is already pretty chilly here. And I'll let you all know when I run out of hot water.

Boris says it is all good and no need to worry cause we're gonna have a super duper Christmas season this year. But he also said that about covid last fall a few days/weeks before he cancelled Christmas.
When the politicians tell you not to panic ... that's a good time to panic.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
cageybee77
AG
what is "panic" these days? a guy they let into the capitol building wearing horns?
59 South
AG
How can you not trust this bloke tho???

HoustonAg2014
AG
La Bamba said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I was at a wedding this past weekend and that song is drilled into my head. I think it played 30 times
mazag08
AG
FJ43 said:

PROG wants $1.50
Well ya. Huge gap there on the 1D chart. Just didn't think it would attack it this quickly and during a small market correction and typical Sep/Oct seasonality.
McInnis 03
AG
$FAMI
zag213004
AG
La Bamba said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

FTAG 2000
AG
AG 2000' said:

I grabbed some GSAH 11/19 11Cs. Ten straight green days with a slow grind up from 9.80 area.

This is a SPAC that's been working on a merger, feels like that news may be coming soon. I have nothing to base that on other than it had been beaten down and volume anemic, but started picking back up late August including what might be a left goal post on 8/25.
Bump.

These are a three bagger on news this morning GSAH is announcing a stockholder merger vote with Mirion Technologies.

Net free and left runners.
GTIAG09
AG
Watch 1.56 on ELOX. That should be pretty solid support.
confucius_ag
AG
Haircuts for everyone.
FJ43
Watch SPCE - big volume early

Chef Elko
AG
What's the play here? They filled the gap back up to .40 and now onto .80? Went bonkers the past few days and the acquisition yesterday seemed to pump it.
mazag08
AG
If IWM gets to $223.50 today, I will be buying Oct 15 $218 or $220 puts that should pay off really well as it attacks a gap below that was formed last week on the 1hr chart and requires $217.96 to fill.

If it turns down and goes to fill that gap first, then I'll be doing the opposite and buying Nov $220 or $222 calls once we get a confirmed bottom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
59 South said:

So we investing in haircuts now?

Rgs brother! We're about to get a seat on the board!

Man what if they spun off a dude-specific branch a la sportclips/boardroom. Maybe they already own one of those?
FJ43

Trimmed a few VIX puts.

Ave $1 - $1.25 trim for 25%

TChaney
McInnis 03 said:

$FAMI
Careful on those.

Looks like another round of Chinese "education" stocks are being pumped right now.

EDIT
A few others - and when this happens they all seem to happen at once
Full disclosure I trust nothing from China.

METX
EDU
ONE
TAL
CLEU

Those are just the top pnes right now, I'm sure there are plenty more.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
confucius_ag said:

Haircuts for everyone.

Everybody still excited to have a basis below the 52wk low? Even with today's new 52wk low? Lol
Spoony Love
AG
AG 2000' said:

AG 2000' said:

I grabbed some GSAH 11/19 11Cs. Ten straight green days with a slow grind up from 9.80 area.

This is a SPAC that's been working on a merger, feels like that news may be coming soon. I have nothing to base that on other than it had been beaten down and volume anemic, but started picking back up late August including what might be a left goal post on 8/25.
Bump.

These are a three bagger on news this morning GSAH is announcing a stockholder merger vote with Mirion Technologies.

Net free and left runners.
Wish I would have seen this before an order I put in to try and catch a morning rush. Sold all for double but could have left a runner if I was looking. Good find by the way!
First Page Last Page
Page 4513 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.