Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,094 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

QS

Keep an eye on 24.62ish. Also note goal post volume yesterday closing over 50EMA
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

GreasenUSA
AG
So how bad was this SAVA news that has brought it to red on the day?
JCRiley09
AG
Good news = sell

I need to write it on my mirror so I see it every morning
mazag08
AG
WWR.

This should be pretty self explanatory. Let me know if anyone is seeing something different. I think this proves we have bottomed and at the very least have started a new trend.

I think this could play out a couple ways.

1. We get a short term spike within the next 2-3 weeks that takes us to $5 and then retraces back, but with the new bottoms we form from now on being the new trendline that will form higher lows from here on out.

2. We slow climb on the new trendline and take through November expiration before anything notable happens.

Edit: Ignore my green and red lines for now. Those are potential future support and resistance levels.

The trendlines

Zoomed in

Zoomed in again

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Bob Knights Paper Hands
SF2004 said:

Daddy Powell holds all the cards right now.

That's right. If they say they won't taper or will taper like 5B, this market will pop and we'll see ATH soon. If he says we'll taper more than expected, well test the 200-day.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

ES hitting the Resistance1 pivot for the 4th time this morning, NQ breaking up on a wedge........I'm not sure that can be ignored.........may be looking to rip

ES is there AGAIN.
Go baby go!

VIX getting crushed.

as 30k would say, "Are you all bearish now?"
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

News was very positive but this short seller isn't just going to go away.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GreasenUSA said:

This is typical for these pump n dumps. Peak AH and then fall off further when the folks that bought in late are just trying to get out once they've seen the bottom fall out.
FJ43
Tomas Hermensa said:

SF2004 said:

That's right. If they say they won't taper or will taper like 5B, this market will pop and we'll see ATH soon. If he says we'll taper more than expected, well test the 200-day.
Saw Redler thinks 10B street will be ok and if 15B then hawkish.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
VIX is headed in the right direction. We need it to get under 20.
Philip J Fry
AG
I have nearly the same lines drawn. Closing over ~3.52 today would be helpful.
Philip J Fry
AG
Anyone else in EVC? Looked like it was in a healthy channel, but currently bumping the support line.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Good news = sell premium

I need to write it on my mirror so I see it every morning

(Fixed it for you)
mazag08
AG
In on $37.50 Nov UBER puts. Placed my alert for $46.90. Above $46.95 and I'm selling (essentially my stop).

It just closed its upper gap I identified yesterday and bounced off the top of it's upper channel. I think it goes back down and finds it's lower low on the bottom of the channel one more time.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't see how dnn isn't a great buy here, then sell calls when it breaks 1.5 again. We've pretty much already seen under the hood
mazag08
AG
NRD09 said:

I don't see how dnn isn't a great buy here, then sell calls when it breaks 1.5 again. We've pretty much already seen under the hood
I expect to see $1.25 - $1.30 again. Hope I'm wrong.. but the pullback from $1.80 seems to be tracking S&P which I fully believe has another low yet to be seen.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

SF2004 said:

Saw Redler thinks 10B street will be ok and if 15B then hawkish.

I probably saw that as well since I follow Redler. I also read discussion of the balancing act to not completely f over the bond market by continuing what we've been doing, but also not to hurt the equities market by tapering too much. I'm sure Austin ag could educate us a bit on that. In fact a separate thread discussing fiscal policy and the bond/equities market relationships would be interesting. Hint, hint.
McInnis 03
AG
ES is on 4380............this has been an important number previously............if we can get through here, could be a fun trend day........I think we are about to for what it's worth.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BullSprig07
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Are you taking some profit / risk off from your lotto SPY spread idea?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
How fluid are these speeches/decisions? Could they have decided to taper/announce tapering, then the evercore thing happened and they decided to go full dove, then "j/k, we checked the couch cushions and now China's economy doesn't have to crash" but now there's not enough time to change today's speech?
McInnis 03
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

No, but don't be dumb like me.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm out of all but one of my TSLA 740/750/760 flies for Friday. Those paid well, but still won't offset losses from some SPX and SPY dip buying I did on Monday. Come on JPow, you're our only hope.
BullSprig07
AG
I've been using TradingWarz levels and ideas for day trades. Followed the $AAPL breakout today, already got out for 30%.

Water Turkey07
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

No, but don't be dumb like me.

I bought SPY 445 weeklies and TSLA 750/760 put spreads. Dumb is where I live this week.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ES is on 4380............this has been an important number previously............if we can get through here, could be a fun trend day........I think we are about to for what it's worth.
I need to add "could be a fun trend day if not for Jpow and the fed interupting things at some point". #STOPS #STOPS #STOPS

(note to self, make a spinoff of lil johns "Shots" called "Stops" and get it on tictoc

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
Big red volume spike on SPY around 437.50 or so. Follow the volume.

Big resistance there.
Brewmaster
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

I took all mine off for gains. but I will revisit depending on how we do this afternoon. A run up to JPow isn't exactly what I wanted. Flat or chop til he talks was what I was hoping for.
mazag08
AG
Yall know I hate this piece of **** stock, but here's a chance to make a little of your losses back.

DPW

Long story short, it seems to have these mini spikes a week before expiration and then come all the way back to the lower trendline right after expiration. This channel isn't ending soon, and the convergence of trendlines is months down the road, so I see this happening at least one more time.

I'm buying $2.50 OCT calls.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ontx quietly having a 25% day...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Isn't this just MMs playing chicken with each other until fomc?
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

I took all mine off for gains. but I will revisit depending on how we do this afternoon. A run up to JPow isn't exactly what I wanted. Flat or chop til he talks was what I was hoping for.
This morning session has me a bit nervous.

On one hand, the Evergrande news is an obvious catalyst. On the other, this could be those who know running things up and selling into retail ahead of Powell dropping a taper tantrum today.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

LET'S RIDE MOFOS

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
It could be but that was the biggest volume around that area by a ton.

I was just charting something: have a listen and again, all criticisms are welcome!

Use a big lens for a minute. The left shoulder started at end of OpEx week in July. The run in August is the head. We are now well forming the the right shoulder. All the big volume supports a downtrend and SPY advancing on low volume days.

This could be an ugly fall. Just saying….
AgCPA95
AG
cageybee77 said:

CIDM having a nice run

Up another 8% today
First Page Last Page
Page 4484 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.