Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,489 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Are you taking some profit / risk off from your lotto SPY spread idea?
I took all mine off for gains. but I will revisit depending on how we do this afternoon. A run up to JPow isn't exactly what I wanted. Flat or chop til he talks was what I was hoping for.
well done if you all held and didn't listen to me! "Brew paper hands"

I might play a put lotto spread idea if we run all the way to JPow talk.
LOYAL AG
AG
AG 2000' said:

BREwmaster said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Are you taking some profit / risk off from your lotto SPY spread idea?
I took all mine off for gains. but I will revisit depending on how we do this afternoon. A run up to JPow isn't exactly what I wanted. Flat or chop til he talks was what I was hoping for.
This morning session has me a bit nervous.

On one hand, the Evergrande news is an obvious catalyst. On the other, this could be those who know running things up and selling into retail ahead of Powell dropping a taper tantrum today.
At this point we have a pretty distinct pattern when Powell speaks. We're going to get at a minimum a flash crash. That may create a buying opportunity if you're game for a it, not my game.

My $.02 would be that every day we spend outside of the channel increases the likelihood we don't reclaim it and are exposed to more downside. I entered the week expecting the S&P channel to be resistance and to this point that's what we've seen so far this week. Until that changes IMO we're bearish.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Use a big lens for a minute. The left shoulder started at end of OpEx week in July. The run in August is the head. We are now well forming the the right shoulder. All the big volume supports a downtrend and SPY advancing on low volume days.

This could be an ugly fall. Just saying….

3.5 Trillion
Don't fight the Fed
Stonks only go up
mazag08
AG
UBER wedging downward on the 1m chart
McInnis 03
AG
Dayum, powering through Bull Target 1 on ES......yesterdays high was 4395.75, and Bull T2 is 4402....worth paying attention to way up here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
mazag08
AG
If KR (Kroger) gets below $40 I'm buying NOV $40 calls after a confirmed bottom. They should be around $1.50 - $1.75 at the time. Could be anywhere from a 2x to a 4x payoff depending on how quick and impulsive the move up is as it has a gap at $45.20
tlepoC
AG
I'm getting the itch to pick up some lotto SPY puts for the day
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dayum, powering through Bull Target 1 on ES......yesterdays high was 4395.75, and Bull T2 is 4402....worth paying attention to way up here.
I couldn't help but go long ES on that 4394 stall and then it freaking rocketed. That NEVER happens. Literally in for 3 contracts, out for 1 contract in about 15 seconds, then moved the rest to break even lol which just got stopped)
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
I think this is just the gap fill we had to fill from a couple days ago.

redneckag
AG
McInnis are you using the TOS or tradingview version of Posty? I am using TV and it shows mine Bullish Target 1 at 4401.25 and target 2 at 4410. I was was curious if there were differences between the 2. I am using it on the S&P futures.
McInnis 03
AG
OK, wth is going on, thsi candle is drunk

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
TOS, there are a few minor differences due to how closes are calculated.

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
jeebus, $10 mil on SPXL Jan 90C's
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I love selling into strength! Set a trade trigger to sell my last 439s at 438.98 about 15 minutes ago. Got 1.4 for them. Now gonna do the same for half my 441s in about an hour and a half (hopefully!) then hold the rest as lottos
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone join me yesterday on SOFI? Up 12% today, already net free on the November 17.5Cs.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I derisked on SPY / SPX. Overall a loss, but I managed to make it a small loss. That's a pretty big win seeing I bought these on Friday around noon, hoping that it would pop up after OPEX week. I made profits on everything that expired Oct 1 and lost my ass on all the weeklies. Live and learn. I still have a few lottos in case JPow tapers like tu blocks
BaylorSpineGuy
This could be a trap folks. SPY is up today, biggest gainer in weeks, and the volume is puny. This is a trip, IMO. Still bearish here.

My puny account agrees haha.
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This could be a trap folks. SPY is up today, biggest gainer in weeks, and the volume is puny. This is a trip, IMO. Still bearish here.

My puny account agrees haha.

We are at about 45% of average daily volume over the past 30 days. We're on pace to finish around average volume.

I do think volume will dry up here soon ahead of Powell talking, but then we're going to have a big power hour to close.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Volume has been right at 20-day exponential average. I don't think this is a trap, but I do think it reflects a high amount of uncertainty. This could go either way. Are premiums small enough that a saddle makes sense? Maybe on high beta large caps?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AG 2000' said:

Anyone join me yesterday on SOFI? Up 12% today, already net free on the November 17.5Cs.

I did! Only 2, sold one for close enough to net free to make me real happy today! Thanks!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Just bought sava jan 110/135 spreads for $2
GreasenUSA
AG
Appears this gave it a little pop.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
**** + fan time = 1:00 Texas time. Nothing left to do but sit back, relax, and have a cold one.
oldarmy1
AG
Sell all DOCN

Hello!
cjo03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sell all DOCN

Hello!

oh, hello OA... not to be a tattle tale, but FJ slept in and 30k is a quitter.

jj9000
AG
FJ43
mazag08
AG
OA, is this the move that XOM breaks through the upper end of its channel and goes through $60, or is that later in October?
SF2004
AG
Where the hell is Jpow!?!?!?!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Savage. I just said I was going to be busy.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
gougler08
AG
What in the world is going on with ONTX? Gigantic volume
cgh1999
AG
I had a handful of spy calls trigger yesterday. Opened my account to a LARGE red number in my margin account. Thankfully I was able to sell most of those at market and make $5/share this morning.

Mental note - pay closer attention to your options…especially near expiration.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
gougler08 said:

What in the world is going on with ONTX? Gigantic volume
Looks like positive news from Phase 1/2a testing on one of their drugs.
First Page Last Page
Page 4485 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.