Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,187 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by ProgN
lobwedgephil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Here's an interesting play I'm likely buying tomorrow late or Thursday depending on options prices:

The Bear case against Costco (COST):

FA:
It certainly feels like a lot of the air has been taken out of the sails here as I suspect we near the end of this incredible bull run. Costco, in my opinion, is like a microcosm of the US economy. It has groceries, electronics, clothing, lawn furniture, games, television, phones, etc. It's quite comprehensive as a store. And it makes a good chunk of its profits on subscriptions. A lot of folks are speculating that their renewals are gonna go down with this report coming Thursday. My wife (who I consider the epitome of the American shopper, God bless her!) tonight told me she hasn't been shopping there as much these past few months. She really had no explanation except to say she's not buying snacks for the kids in bulk like she was during lockdown or something. Americans change habits from time to time and have no explanation. This company will always be solid in terms of cost of goods, etc., but I think supply chains are about to cut into their success as well. Supply chain issues are becoming increasingly painful and common. FedEx tonight got hammered on their report and fell more than 10 pts AH.

TA:
Evergrande is getting a lot of credit for Monday's debacle but I suspect that's just a popular narrative. People knew they were insolvent for months. I think Monday was a big distribution day, and volume was super high across a lot of sectors and companies. COST took a dump down $12 at one point before marching back toward the end of the day. Today, it gained back almost 1 pt on very low volume (likely retail thinking they bought the dip haha!).

If you look closely at the charts, the SPY and COST charts can be nearly superimposed on one another in terms of growth over the last year (save for a few minor pullbacks here and there). That's why I said this company is like a microcosm of our entire economy.

I digress. Investors have very little appetite for these enormous costs of stocks anymore. COST is $450/share! $45,000 to own 100 shares of 1 company. The average American investor can maybe afford a few shares, certainly not 100. Amazon had its best earnings report EVER recently and promptly tanked 400 points. There's simply no appetite for these highly expensive companies.

COST recently completed a H&S pattern and fell fairly well about 10 points. It's trying to bounce back right now and finds itself in a double top pattern (after falling nearly 10 points on Monday). Volume looks to support the downward trend. My guess is more bad news forces this stock price down significantly Thursday evening.

Conclusion:

I think the FedEx report from today is a harbinger of things to come. Supply chain woes and increasing costs are chipping into profits. My family is feeling it. I suspect we all are. Kroger recently reported their profits were cut because they kept prices down despite increasing costs. Who on Earth will see this stock shooting up Thursday AH?

I am not a nearly good enough technician to tell you which calls/puts to buy or sell and what price to bail or whatever? My plan is to buy ATM or near the money calls near end of day tomorrow or Thursday….a lotto so to speak with expiration on Friday.

I welcome all criticisms. Thanks and have a great night!
Good research, nice thesis. Confused though as you seem bearish, yet you want to buy calls? Also, as I know you are somewhat new to the game, just don't play ER's, especially with options. It might work, but usually doesn't, IV crush. This is a game of taking risk with the best probabilities. You are probably right, but short shares if you really want to play er. AMZN er was a disaster also, missed on revenue and guided lower.
BaylorSpineGuy
Sorry if I was unclear.

I may have said calls, but I meant puts! I edited my post. Yes, I am bearish on this company. And I just bought a printer there last Friday!

I do appreciate the insight about the IV crush. I have tended not to play earnings reports and perhaps the better part of valor is to sit this out as well.

Thanks as always for the insight. Hope my post wasn't too long and boring and full of nonsense.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

lobwedgephil said:

Futures all went vertical on good China news.

Evergrande is making its bond payment.

Recession canceled!

30k I've learned a ton from you and will continue to gobble up any tidbits you're able to throw our way. Also when you get your ferrari don't forget to tweet the steering wheel/timepiece flex
LOYAL AG
AG
Sitting in the kitchen having breakfast but my rough math says if the current .5% gap up translates to the S&P at opening we'll gap up to the bottom side of the current channel. See red finger drawing on this image. This weekend I said I expected us to ride the bottom of this channel as resistance for a few days then fall from there. That's what we did Monday and yesterday and I expect more of the same today. Don't fall for the trap. This is a bearish market until it isn't which means until we recapture that channel. Image is terrible and I apologize for that. Probably the first time I've ever edited a photo on my phone and here I am doing TA on it! Still you get the point I hope.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ProgN
Quote:

Cassava Sciences Announces Top-Line Results Of 12-month Interim Analysis From Open-Label Study Evaluating Simufilam In Alzheimer's Disease; Says Cognition Scores Improved 3.2 Points On ADAS-Cog, Baseline To Month 12
8:31 am ET September 22, 2021 (Benzinga) Print
  • Cognition Scores Improved 3.2 Points on ADAS-Cog, Baseline to Month 12 (p<0.001)
  • Two Independent Biostatisticians Analyzed Changes in ADAS-Cog Scores, Baseline to Month 12
  • No Behavior Disorders on NPI in Over 50% Of Study Subjects at Month 12
  • Initiation of Pivotal Phase 3 Clinical Program Remains On-track for Q4 2021, with Special Protocol Assessments from FDA

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAVA) announced top-line clinical data today from a pre-planned interim analysis of an on-going open-label study with its drug candidate simufilam in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease.
In a study funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), ADAS-Cog11 scores improved an average of 3.2 points from baseline (p<0.001) in the first 50 study subjects who completed 12 months of open-label treatment with simufilam. To emphasize impartiality, changes in ADAS-Cog scores baseline to month 12 were independently analyzed by two consulting biostatisticians.
"I feel energized and encouraged by the clinical data," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "We look forward to the initiation of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pivotal Phase 3 clinical program with simufilam in people with Alzheimer's disease."

BaylorSpineGuy
So I am an employed spine neurosurgeon in the Medical City system here in DFW. To disclose fully, I have no shares or vested financial interest in the company.

I was reviewing the company's chart (HCA) this morning. As you may recall, the stock ripped 35 pts about 2 months ago on a stellar earnings report. In contrast, the stock fell from its ATH on Monday to down about 10 points or so before recovering some losses late on Monday.

What I found interesting is that the volume on the selloff Monday far outweighed the volume on the price rip 2 months ago. Just food for thought. This is classic distribution. Institutions unloading on retail thinking they bought the dip.

My guess is that 35 pt gap closes in next 2-3 months.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ProgN said:

Quote:

Cassava Sciences Announces Top-Line Results Of 12-month Interim Analysis From Open-Label Study Evaluating Simufilam In Alzheimer's Disease; Says Cognition Scores Improved 3.2 Points On ADAS-Cog, Baseline To Month 12
8:31 am ET September 22, 2021 (Benzinga) Print
  • Cognition Scores Improved 3.2 Points on ADAS-Cog, Baseline to Month 12 (p<0.001)
  • Two Independent Biostatisticians Analyzed Changes in ADAS-Cog Scores, Baseline to Month 12
  • No Behavior Disorders on NPI in Over 50% Of Study Subjects at Month 12
  • Initiation of Pivotal Phase 3 Clinical Program Remains On-track for Q4 2021, with Special Protocol Assessments from FDA

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAVA) announced top-line clinical data today from a pre-planned interim analysis of an on-going open-label study with its drug candidate simufilam in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease.
In a study funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), ADAS-Cog11 scores improved an average of 3.2 points from baseline (p<0.001) in the first 50 study subjects who completed 12 months of open-label treatment with simufilam. To emphasize impartiality, changes in ADAS-Cog scores baseline to month 12 were independently analyzed by two consulting biostatisticians.
"I feel energized and encouraged by the clinical data," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "We look forward to the initiation of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pivotal Phase 3 clinical program with simufilam in people with Alzheimer's disease."

https://www.cassavasciences.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cassava-sciences-announces-top-line-results-12-month-interim
ProgN
I hope that short seller finds his nuts in a vise!
McInnis 03
AG
ES hitting the Resistance1 pivot for the 4th time this morning, NQ breaking up on a wedge........I'm not sure that can be ignored.........may be looking to rip

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ProgN said:

he is right now
TMOOSE
Please be right. Rippp
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Darn, sold 54 weekly calls against all my shares yesterday after it rejected 53 a couple times and no big world alzeheimers day announcement yet. Oh well, still have a bunch of big call spreads
FTAG 2000
AG
SAVA's marketing team needs upgraded.

Not announcing yesterday on World Alzheimer's Day, then putting out their news this morning after their first cup of coffee.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Also, who bought vale yesterday!? Apparently china will, in fact, continue to need Brazilian iron!
cptthunder
NRD09 said:

Also, who bought vale yesterday!? Apparently china will, in fact, continue to need Brazilian iron!
Just one measly option, SHBM!!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

ProgN said:

he is right now
I'd like to see a law office announce, "Do you feel like you been manipulated by some lawyers attacking SAVA and wanting to know if you lost money? Then arbitrarily the share price was driven down on false information? If you lost money on this downward spiral in the past 21 days, call us and join our class action suit against these manipulative lawyers".
confucius_ag
AG
Anyone buying more SAVA here?
cptthunder said:

NRD09 said:

Just one measly option, SHBM!!
Stared at it at $15.59 and didn't pull the trigger.
bmoochie
AG
Checking in on FJ, not sure how I am supposed to know the futures without my mornun shapshot!
bmoochie said:

Checking in on FJ, not sure how I am supposed to know the futures without my mornun shapshot!
He must be still working on that project or it took him to overtime last night and he's sleeping in.
mazag08
AG
If UBER closes this gap at $45.81 and reverses fairly quickly I might buy Nov or Dec $35 puts.
cptthunder
cageybee77 said:

FFS @ LPTX. AH hit. I hate it when they do this.
IT was a trap!! Bounced all the way back, that should be bullish i would think
cageybee77
AG
shoulda bought more.....but I guess I suck at trap detection.
cptthunder
cageybee77 said:

shoulda bought more.....but I guess I suck at trap detection.
Atleast you saw it, I didnt even notice until I was catching up on this thread this morning

Well there goes $3.50 for now, I see some resistance around $4 but nothing major until $5, fingers crossed

Over 3 million shares traded in the first 15 minutes, strong start to the day
Bob Knights Paper Hands
bmoochie said:

I'm in the car already on the way to TN to check on him. Picture a fat old guy in the General Lee blasting journey.
McInnis 03
AG
Don't stop believin
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
bmoochie said:

Morning! I'm alive! Late night and more of the same today.

I trimmed some APPS calls on the push and holding a few SPY calls but plan to be flat on index plays when JP speaks.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

bmoochie said:

He must be still working on that project or it took him to overtime last night and he's sleeping in.
A little bit of both brother. Didn't even logon until a little before open to trim some stuff off.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BullSprig07
AG
30K taking a leave of absence and now FJ not showing up!

Water Turkey07
JCRiley09
AG
Yes because I'm a dumba** and can't quit this stock even though it abuses me
SF2004
AG
Daddy Powell holds all the cards right now.
McInnis 03
AG
BullSprig07 said:

30K taking a leave of absence and now FJ not showing up!

THIS IS YOUR TIME MC. IT'S ALL. ON. YOU. NOW.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Yessir! Let's show'em how we do.

B&I Key:
FJ43
APPS wants $70 I think if you took OA's trade.

I averaged at $2 on the 70C and took some off at $3.40. If we hit 70 then I will just take the money on this one.

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ES hitting the Resistance1 pivot for the 4th time this morning, NQ breaking up on a wedge........I'm not sure that can be ignored.........may be looking to rip

ES is there AGAIN.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 4483 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.