Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,612 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by EnronAg
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jimbo9821 said:

jimbo9821 said:

still lots to learn. so looking for thoughts...

Yesterday I sold 6/18 $15 CC on 100% of my CLOV shares. I am 100% OK with letting them go at this price. Given this am run up... Id like to take profits and move to next trade.

1-Do you just wait and see if they get called out?
2-Roll some to July $17?
3-Buy back the contracts and sell immediately, given the math shakes out?
Continuing the process...

I rolled 1 call to Jul $20 for $0 during the run from $19-25. Originally sold the $15 call for $60. I can now close the July call that I rolled at $705 for $450. Gain $255 and be out of of 1 of these CC?

If I'm understanding you correct, you're not technically gaining anything. You're actually paying more to buy it back than what you sold it for. (.60 vs 4.50)
jimbo9821
AG
wanderer said:

jimbo9821 said:

jimbo9821 said:

still lots to learn. so looking for thoughts...

Yesterday I sold 6/18 $15 CC on 100% of my CLOV shares. I am 100% OK with letting them go at this price. Given this am run up... Id like to take profits and move to next trade.

1-Do you just wait and see if they get called out?
2-Roll some to July $17?
3-Buy back the contracts and sell immediately, given the math shakes out?
Continuing the process...

I rolled 1 call to Jul $20 for $0 during the run from $19-25. Originally sold the $15 call for $60. I can now close the July call that I rolled at $705 for $450. Gain $255 and be out of of 1 of these CC?

If I'm understanding you correct, you're not technically gaining anything. You're actually paying more to buy it back than what you sold it for. (.60 vs 4.50)
Thats what I thought too. The way it is showing in my brokerage account (Street Smart Edge/Schwab) it was showing as a net positive. Which is why I was confused. Thank you for the clarity.

Going to roll with the original strategy... Hoping they both get called out.

Also... only have 200 shares and am net free on them. So using this to learn some more when wild runs happen.
ag94whoop
AG
I am still trying to get a grasp of what OA meant by "its over". Was that todays big runup? Or the CLOV runup overall? I made an error and didnt sell enough earlier this morning and I hate to sell in the $17s or $18s if it will be back in the low 20s later today or this week. If we are looking at months and months before its back above 20 then thats a different story.
Brewmaster
AG
ag94whoop said:

oldarmy1 said:

ag94whoop said:

come on CLOV! Lets go!!
It's over

Do you think we will get another spike or are we stuck down below $20 for a while?
might see $21 on this rebound / retrace here...but I'd take a bunch of profits on this if you haven't already and roll into further out CC's on any remaining shares you want to keep.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

QQQ

Ok just something to keep an eye on.

I'm a glass half full mentality, however, from a TA standpoint I think something for y'all to keep an eye on around 336-338 range on Qs.

Do we form an H&S and start a grind downward is the question. While the overall trend is up, we lost the trend a bit here recently only to come back into it. I think at the least we go up to those levels.

Rejection at this range could signal losing the trend...again.

Ok...call back to this chart from May 26th. See above chart and below. We just hit the line I had on the top right shoulder.

Does it push through? reject?

McInnis 03
AG
Careful, while you rolled, you really increased your cost basis on that call. Buying it back now would cost you more than had you just let things play out. You may look at a positive P/L now, but that's because the bar moved. You may think about holding and burning premium more.

EDIT: I just re read that and it's confusing as all hell.

Lets see if I can do this.

EX:
Buy 100 shares of SNDL at $.80
Sell $1 call for $.12
SNDL then runs to say, $1.20
Said $1c is now $.25
I roll out 2 weeks, same $1c and get additional $.02 but my call is now $.27
SNDL pulls back, said $1 call drops to $.16
----IF I BUY BACK NOW, MY P/L SAYS I GAINED $.11 BUT REALLY I LOST $.02.
----I took in .12 and .02 for a total of .14 in my realized pocket, but buying back at $.16 means I lost .02 on this transaction. You have to let the play....play out.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Boban
Did anyone catch OA's exit target on the CLF Aug 25 calls?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
4&T said:

Did anyone catch OA's exit target on the CLF Aug 25 calls?
100%
FJ43
Bought SPY 422C
1.83 entry

Will cut quick if doesn't get through resistance.
jimbo9821
AG
yes...it is confusing. glad i wasn't the only one.

lesson learned, which isn't necessarily bad... now ive got to hold at least 100 shares until July.... all in all being net free takes any stress off it. potentially cost some bucks but some tuition paid for the month and still have profits.
BenRev09
AG
Offering up CSFFF again for opinions from the board. Seeing the CLF play reminded me. I got in initially at 3.50 and looking to add trading shares here. ETA no options
wanderer
I think you nailed it.

IMO If you're going to be rolling you have to find a way to track what you're doing or you'll never be able to keep track by just looking at your brokers p/l.
FJ43

FYI not to forget....

Next week is quad witch week. I will be lean by weeks end on most options trades.
ag94whoop
AG
I screwed myself yesterday on CLOV by selling so many covered calls against my share literally right before the runup and totally didnt anticipate the level it ran. I bought back the calls and lost a lot of potential profit but frankly was able to take a profit on over half my shares.

Now with the remaining shares, I am trying to get a feel for the direction of the market as a whole and the direction of CLOV specifically before I decide to sell more CCs or just exit the position and be done with it. This run came several weeks earlier than I ever thought and with my mistakes, I lost out of a really large day of profit. I am happy with some profit of course, but want to be smarter next time around.

tlepoC
AG
ag94whoop said:

I screwed myself yesterday on CLOV by selling so many covered calls against my share literally right before the runup and totally didnt anticipate the level it ran. I bought back the calls and lost a lot of potential profit but frankly was able to take a profit on over half my shares.

Now with the remaining shares, I am trying to get a feel for the direction of the market as a whole and the direction of CLOV specifically before I decide to sell more CCs or just exit the position and be done with it. This run came several weeks earlier than I ever thought and with my mistakes, I lost out of a really large day of profit. I am happy with some profit of course, but want to be smarter next time around.

It happens - I've done the same twice now. Learn from it so it doesn't happen routinely. With some patience and diligence, your account value will be above what it would have been with this runup. There's always the next play - make sure you know how to play it.
FJ43

SPY

Look at that volume sell then V reversal with volume. Need continuation here back up to 423. Tricksy?

McKinney Ag69
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1847-goedeker-host-investor-conference-130000895.html

1847 Goedeker Inc. (NYSE American: GOED, GOED WS) ("Goedekers" or the "Company"), the largest pure-play online retailer of household appliances in the US, today announced that it will host a conference call and audio webcast on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. ET to discuss and answer questions related to its acquisition of Appliances Connection, which closed on June 2, 2021, and

1847 Goedeker Inc. is an industry leading e-commerce destination for appliances, furniture, and home goods. Through its June 2021 acquisition of Appliances Connection, Goedekers created the largest pure-play online retailer of household appliances in the US. With warehouse fulfilment centers in the Northeast and Midwest, as well as showrooms in Brooklyn, New York, and St. Louis, Missouri, Goedekers is a respected nationwide omnichannel retailer that offers one-stop shopping for national and global brands. Goedekers and Appliances Connection carry many household name-brands, including Bosch, Cafe, Frigidaire Pro, Whirlpool, LG, and Samsung, and also carries many major luxury appliance brands such as Miele, Thermador, La Cornue, Dacor, Ilve, Wolf, Jenn-Air, Viking among others and sells furniture, fitness equipment, plumbing fixtures, televisions, outdoor appliances, and patio furniture, as well as commercial appliances for builder and business clients. Learn more at www.Goedekers.com.
tlepoC
AG
awful lot of pumpin'
wanderer
Challenger 17 said:

https://stocktwits.com/Challenger171/message/340958391
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not helping yourself with a post like that if you're wanting everyone on here to jump on board.
McInnis 03
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Is your dad the company prez?

Bang that drum! Hope you become a Goedillionaire
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Took profits on CLOV, and redirected into KIQ. Like the metrics on it, plus it's US location is where I grew up, so happy to support a local business.
FJ43
CLOV back over $20
sts7049
AG
ag94whoop said:

if i were you, i would watch for the apparent end of the next price spike (it seems to be percolating again upward as we speak) and then i would sell some 6/18 35s (they have those strikes now it seems) for as much as you can. the B/A right now is 1.80/2.80. sell em on all your remaining shares.

if you get called out at 35, i bet you will be happy moving on and use all this as a learning experience. if not, you reduced your cost basis further and you still have shares.

Philip J Fry
AG
Is this even the squeeze? Have the shorts begun exiting, or is this just retail excitement?
Carlo4
AG
Carlo4 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Read it slow and in Morgan Freeman's voice and you'll really enjoy this update.

E
AG
Those that are good at looking at charts is the resistance on DOGE at .30? Looks like it's hit it a few times and bounced off of it
McKinney Ag69
AG
wanderer said:

Challenger 17 said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not helping yourself with a post like that if you're wanting everyone on here to jump on board.

Had to find the right link to post ha.
FJ43
E said:

Those that are good at looking at charts is the resistance on DOGE at .30? Looks like it's hit it a few times and bounced off of it
Bear flag. IMO wouldn't touch.

Ccutamu
sts7049 said:

ag94whoop said:

if i were you, i would watch for the apparent end of the next price spike (it seems to be percolating again upward as we speak) and then i would sell some 6/18 35s (they have those strikes now it seems) for as much as you can. the B/A right now is 1.80/2.80. sell em on all your remaining shares.

if you get called out at 35, i bet you will be happy moving on and use all this as a learning experience. if not, you reduced your cost basis further and you still have shares.

I'm only seeing June calls out to $22. What platform are you on?
sts7049
AG
TOS
ag94whoop
AG
Ccutamu said:

sts7049 said:

ag94whoop said:

I'm only seeing June calls out to $22. What platform are you on?
Yeah I can only get $22 for June
Brewmaster
AG
ATR experts, what do you set duration to? 10 or 14 days? I'm in tradingview, also not seeing negative numbers, just 0 on up. Will keep messing with it.

I'm looking to compare RIOT, MARA and probably MSTR. Thinking put spreads.
MAW_7563
Be sure you select the option for ALL strike prices vice just the ones near the money. That messed with me when I first started.
Sea Speed
AG
Still only showing 22
Mr. Lahey
AG
Any thoughts on $XL? Another heavily shorted SPAC inching back up to its ipo.
First Page Last Page
Page 3981 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.