Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,928 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One might say maxing out on BA Jan2022 $245 calls really helped my account take off.
Ags2013
AG
BRQS and DPW Volume!
FishrCoAg
AG
spud1910 said:

TecRecAg said:

EBON 10 day avg volume is 16M+. Currently at half that 30 minutes into session. Wow
Glad I bought back my $10 cc for next week on the opening dip.
Just rolled my Mar 10 cc to July 25's for $1.00 credit.
krosch11
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

want to see a text book bull flag? This is right now on the 1 minute chart for SYN.

Then let it be a sign.

Rice and Fries
Decay said:

Rice and Fries said:

CastleRock said:

Somebody talk me out of buying GME April $50 puts
Seriously don't do it. The stock is all over the place.
Nothing wrong with making money on a volatile stock... but keep a tight eye on it and don't risk a lot!
I was just speaking on this as someone who bought into GME at $26 and has been riding this wave of ups and downs.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
KT 90 said:

Jet Black said:

Covered calls question. If you sell covered calls and the stock takes off do you ever buy the calls back at a loss?

I'd love to hear thoughts on when to/not do this.

Sometimes I will wait for a retrace or model T to buy back with the intention of selling higher strikes when it resumes running. Other times I'll try to roll it up and out on the up move. If it's part of a net free strategy I'll let it execute sometimes.
ag94whoop
AG
stupid question....

if I have covered calls that are now in the money expiring today....can I buy them back still?

How do I do that?
AGSmith
AG
ag94whoop said:

stupid question....

if I have covered calls that are now in the money expiring today....can I buy them back still?

How do I do that?
Yes.

Buy to close.
FJ43
StrawberryFields said:

Looking at buying SPY 400 calls for next Friday (3/19) if it can hold above 394.10 today. If we hit an ATH today, I'll also buy some 395 Puts.

Anybody else see any different levels to be watching?
I am on 3/19 395 calls now. Round tripping intraday. Will buy again to end with them as well. Assuming I dump this load intraday again probably.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
LAZR April 32.50 calls moving if you entered yesterday. Up 24% at the moment.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
KT 90 said:

FJ43 said:

Can y'all please keep it down about EBON and just have it drag DPW and NXTD up the hill with it.

Yes please on DPW and NXTD.... I have some EBON, but not nearly enough.

DPW has a lot of moving averages to fight through but if/when it breaks out above that $4.68 mark it's got cups and gaps to fill up another couple bucks. I sold a bunch of $5.5 Sept puts here that I would love to expire worthless
KT 90
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

KT 90 said:

Jet Black said:

Covered calls question. If you sell covered calls and the stock takes off do you ever buy the calls back at a loss?

I'd love to hear thoughts on when to/not do this.

Sometimes I will wait for a retrace or model T to buy back with the intention of selling higher strikes when it resumes running. Other times I'll try to roll it up and out on the up move. If it's part of a net free strategy I'll let it execute sometimes.

So right now I could roll my EBON 3/19 $10.00cc to a 4/16 $12.50cc, and make about $100 for doing so (2.18 and 3.20). Seems like a no brainer in this case.

Brewmaster
AG
SPY trying to break out of a wedge.

fightintxag13
AG
Jet Black said:

Others can chime in here that are better at this, but I would recommend to wait until closer to the expiration date before actually making a decision to roll or buy back CC's, especially in high beta stocks like what a lot of us are heavily invested in currently.

The reason is that a lot of these major moves in these stocks are not sustained for long at all. Look no further than the last time EBON made it's run. It spent TWO WHOLE DAYS above $10. That's why I wouldn't worry about buying back just yet.

Now one thing you could consider is using the run today to roll your strike price out to April and up. Theta is starting to crush the March premiums, so you could roll your strike price higher into April and get more premium if you want to hold onto the shares.

Example: I sold March $15's on my net free shares yesterday for $.21. I rolled that to April $25, and even though I had to buy the March $15's for a loss, I was still able to get an overall credit of $.65 in the roll.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

SPY trying to break out of a wedge.

Come on baby...Bring it home!

Ags2013
AG
DPW seems resistant at $4
gougler08
AG
EBON may very well come take my $15 March covered calls
Bob Knights Paper Hands
With next week being opex week I'm looking today for 3/19 condors. High beta or stocks with big recent moves but the volume has dried up the latter part of this week signalling their move may be ending. Also if the stock is in the middle of a bunch of resistance and support lines that should help. AMD 70/75/83/88 looks okay but not great. I'll look for something better.

I need to figure out how to run scanners on ATP.
tsuag10
AG
Congrats to everyone who is in on EBON!

Wish I would have followed
tlepoC
AG
Lots of reminders on the CLOV lawsuits went out last night. Hopefully this is about to rip up. That's how this works, right?
Chef Elko
AG
Thanks! I'll check out the option flow for that strike
CDub06
AG
Wish I would've held longer. I've got to stop checking the price now that I'm out...
tsuag10
AG
PLTR quietly doin its own thing. Doesn't appear to be following the herd.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ags2013 said:

100 day moving averages, plus that was support back in Dec, early Jan, and late Feb. It has its work cut out for it, but the big volume spikes today give me hope.
FbgTxAg
AG
WARM might get to a nickel today. Hope it sets up shop around there as it's support.

Edit - Hell it blew past a nickel while I typed!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
tsuag10
AG
AAPL appears to be tightening a little here.

Or am I seeing something that isn't there?
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
Buying today's TESLA 690/700/710c fly right now.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Chef Elko
AG
Is Poshmark worth looking into? Not too familiar with the space but man the stock has taken a bath since it's IPO.
Jet Black
Using ebon as an example, if it goes on a run, and you don't think it will sustain it, do you buy the calls back and exit the stock? Or do you wait for it to make another run? I guess you shouldn't have sold the calls in the first place?
FTAG 2000
AG
Ags2013 said:

$4 psychological, $4.68 technical.

clinto
Trying to follow along with oa's SNDL. How far out should we be looking there? Looks like the April 9 and April 16 1.50 strike is the same
cmk10
AG
SEEL has taken off today.
oldarmy1
AG
JBUL and airlines in general are moving.

Whoever was speaking to JBUL calls here comes your payoff.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 3489 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.