Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,717 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

MVIS reported earnings AH and the reaction looks positive but I haven't delved into it. Has anyone analyzed it for the board. I can't tonight because I get up really early on Fridays for work. It's chart is looking extremely attractive though. TIA.
Doing a quick glance before getting back to spreadsheet hell on something else...

- Balance sheet stronger than last year with increased current assets over liabilities (can pay their bills)
- Took a little debt but very little compared to cash balances (most is still long term = due at least one year out)
- Revenues down in 2020 compared to 2019 but don't know back story here.
- Gross margins up dollar and percentage-wise on smaller revenues.
- Loss per share decreased from loss of $.24 / share in 2020 to loss of $.10 in 2021

Press release operational highlights:
- Good advancement in AutoLiDAR
- Benchmarking data and sample hardware ready in April 2021
- 1st Generation of long-range LIdar sensor could be ready 3Q/4Q 2021.

Aggie118
AG
Anyone have a price for exit from REI?
agdaddy04
AG
Would be curious what makes a good retirement holding vs something shorter term in your analysis
tsuag10
AG
Thoughts on the AMD chart?
Is there something about their fundamentals that is causing them to run flat? Or is the current demand for the chips already priced in?

Daily chart

1hr chart

Brewmaster
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Would be curious what makes a good retirement holding vs something shorter term in your analysis
depends on one's goals really. FUBO and NIO can be both (short term trade or a long hold). Both are big movers when they move (as seen this week), but both also have big trajectories big picture. Maybe NIO is chinese TSLA (that would be a huge ceiling). maybe FUBO is a game changer in streaming. That all make sense?
Brewmaster
AG
Thundergon said:

Foggy and FJ are spot on. Trading 0 DTE $SPY options can be very profitable and help build up a small account when executed correctly. If you are wanting to try your hand at it, I highly recommend you check out Elite Options public Twitter page. He routinely posts free $SPY levels that are spot on, same goes for Adam Mancini and he even posts intraday updates. I have about six $SPY charts setup on one screen that I look at for these trades. I use alerts to notify me when to enter/exit a trade. The charts I use are a 1-min w/ volume and OAs recommended moving averages, 5-min with TTM squeeze and Elite Levels, Hourly with PS60 process, Daily with PS60 process, Daily with my drawn trendlines, and Daily with ATR. It sounds like a lot but I focus more on the shorter time frames and use the longer timeframes as a relative guide. ATM calls/puts is what I use as well, and I try to sell on the pops from the 1-min chart as best I can. Take it slow at first for the 0 DTE trades if going that route because they are high risk. My favorite strategy is to trade these on Fridays with a portion of my profits for the week. I'm not too upset if I screw these up and the payday can be quiet nice. Net free on these trades in a short timeframe, sometimes as little as 5 minutes, is hard to beat.
great post, thanks for chiming in!

Elite post for those that haven't seen it. I hadn't until now, got buried in my feed. I will keep a closer eye on him now.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Can guitarsoup or whomever had his alerts to discord?
Ornithopter
AG
There is a shortage of chip substrates? That might impact the number of units they can move and profits.

Also, Intel hired a new CEO so maybe they won't suck at chip development.

Tech has gotten whacked.

That's all I got.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
NRD09 said:

Grudge trading at this point

I learned a new term today.
agdaddy04
AG
Thanks!
spud1910
AG
A little late since I am babysitting two granddaughters under the age of 4 tonight, but congratulations! Beautiful family!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

NRD09 said:

Grudge trading at this point

I learned a new term today.

Glad i finally have something useful to offer the thread!

3C (since i know you're up or will be soon) what hospital are you at? Might be joining you today or this weekend, contractions starting to crank up on our third as well (girl, she has 5 and 3 year old brothers)

appreciate all the discussion on day trading spy levels guys
FJ43

Morning to ya!

Some expected pullback early here on futures.

SPY back down to 391.70 but well above 8/21.

Qs back down to 313.40 and below the 21 EMA and testing the 8. Qs maybe a bit more than I expected.

I think this is good and need a little consolidation here and build some healthy strength for a big push. Markets appear to be be saying just hold up a little and be patient.

'Pay'tience. Have a great day ahead and....

Trade wisely my friends.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Mornin!
I'd be happy with a bit of a cool off day, sold arlo and pltr calls a little early and kinda want to keep my shares. Though if the fruit wants to run and drag the market along, i won't argue!
FJ43

Thought some might want to see what my 1, 5 & 10 Min charts that are on the top of my screen look like after initial support/resistance lines were set for today. I set them using Daily then Hourly on longer look back.

This is as of 4:30AM EST

White lines are the Daily what I call 'major' and blue are from the Hourly what I call 'minor'. They do go outside of the window shows if higher or lower.

After I see what Mancini tweets I compare to my Daily lines and adjust or look to see how I compared. My lines will be exacts since I am using a price line tool that works in cents.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
Mornin Gents... looking for a macro inside day today to crush some weekly premium.

Scouring the interwebs for good setups and new MA targets, I've come across:

$SFTW (MA potential with good setup, SPAC w/out options unfortunately):
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/19/why-osprey-technology-acquisition-stock-popped-aga/

$SPCE (setup, options play):

I'm looking at 4/16 $40 calls on a dip to $30-31 area. Enter around $2 w/ $5-6 target... early next week entry would bleed a little decay over the weekend.
spud1910
AG
Good morning! I like the way you set up your IBKR. Thanks for sharing.
FJ43
59 South said:

Mornin Gents... looking for a macro inside day today to crush some weekly premium.

Scouring the interwebs for good setups and new MA targets, I've come across:

$SFTW (MA potential with good setup, SPAC w/out options unfortunately):
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/19/why-osprey-technology-acquisition-stock-popped-aga/

$SPCE (setup, options play):

I'm looking at 4/16 $40 calls on a dip to $30-31 area. Enter around $2 w/ $5-6 target... early next week entry would bleed a little decay over the weekend.

Like that SPCE setup. Think I might just join ya on the April 40s.

59 South
AG
Reminds me a lot of the FUBO set up in early January. I'm going to be patient with entry. Ideally we see a little digestion off the bottom in the 30-34 range. MT off the bottom to yesterday high is 29.07.
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever asked if it's too late to mirror the AAPL strategy of selling naked Puts for shares sold your Put premiums are going to be higher as AAPL goes Model T pullback on bottom up retrace. However I would be buying shares instead at Model T.

I'll use this pullback to buy a half equivalent share number of calls to next Friday looking for $121 to be reclaimed on continuation. I have premium to use even though I hope markets consolidate above the breakout point keeping AAPL below $121. Doubtful
FJ43

CRNT may be a play here.

BrokeAssAggie
What exactly is he saying here? I have been in the June $2 for awhile now.

FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

Just bringing attention that it is priming to go technically and if you are not in buy those calls or if you are possibly add.

sts7049
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

NRD09 said:

Y'all got me super intrigued on this day trading spy levels thing. I've tried it but mostly done poorly and I'll attribute that to being cheap (going a couple strikes otm), lacking a system/discipline and the days i have tried it ended up being dream wreckers. If a dude wanted to start with a couple hundred bucks (like enough for a single atm spy call or put for the next expiry) and trade these levels with one contract, is that feasible?

I'm intrigued as well. Let's be support buddies tomorrow and give it a go!
that's what i'm doing now, playing it a little cheaper. i don't have a ton of available cash to trade with so i'm starting with 3 or 4 contracts on SPY, i went "big" with 10 on one trade because i sold something else. just to play around with it. the quick price movements are fun to watch.

so far i'm doing pretty good too. maybe up 400 bucks and net free on a couple of calls expiring next week but in a week of playing i'll take it!

BrokeAssAggie
The no "reason to chase premiums" is what confusing too me and I guess he's also saying go out to September if you want to add more?
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

The no "reason to chase premiums" is what confusing too me and I guess he's also saying go out to September if you want to add more?
Yeah suggesting be patient on them rather than chase it since there may be macro pull backs here. B/A for example is pretty wide for these at .25/.35. So don't pay .35 just to get them is the suggestion.

I have both June & Sept and shares. It is getting tighter and tighter here.

Edit: Wondering is that wasn't a little 'tricksy' move on 3/5 as OA calls it.

BrokeAssAggie
I gotcha. Need to have another cup of coffee. I'm going to put in a limit order for sept at $0.15.
sts7049
AG
Aggie118 said:

i dont think there is an exit price. get net free if you can!
BrokeAssAggie
Thanks for posting. I'm a visual learner so this helps tremendously!

FJ43 said:

Thought some might want to see what my 1, 5 & 10 Min charts that are on the top of my screen look like after initial support/resistance lines were set for today. I set them using Daily then Hourly on longer look back.

This is as of 4:30AM EST

White lines are the Daily what I call 'major' and blue are from the Hourly what I call 'minor'. They do go outside of the window shows if higher or lower.

After I see what Mancini tweets I compare to my Daily lines and adjust or look to see how I compared. My lines will be exacts since I am using a price line tool that works in cents.

FJ43
sts7049 said:

Aggie118 said:

i dont think there is an exit price. get net free if you can!
Easiest way is to look at charts and go back a ways to the left. It is easy to identify levels of potential or prior points.

Sorry so small but this goes back to late 2018. You can see where we are now, the volume difference and the pattern formed. We are at cup completion range. 3.96, 6.15, 7.77, 10.89 and then 13.35 are all levels I quickly set. All are "ish" but references anyway.

This is 100% a net free approach for me personally. Let the rest rise to their potential.

Edit: If I am guessing we cool off here shortly and handle out. and consolidate a bit. If you are not net free now would be the time IMO on any push.

FJ43

I started a position in SOL early premarket. Average entry was $15.07 average.

I will add below $15, sell covered calls against a portion (maybe even 3/19s for quick return or lower cost basis below $14) and possibly add some April options.

zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Just bringing attention that it is priming to go technically and if you are not in buy those calls or if you are possibly add.

If wanting to add more calls wouldn't a buyer want to "sit at the bid" as in place limit order at the bid and not "sit at the ask" (place a limit order at the ask)
trip98
AG
FJ and MFR
thanks for sharing that practice. That stuff is what makes this thread awesome
I'm going to paper trade if I can. Question is if I have time to watch it like y'all do. If I can at least watch some and place orders but immediately enter conditional exits it might work.
McInnis 03
AG
Qqq gonna get hit today

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
KaneIsAble
AG
So no issues with SFTW and investigations? I only hold shares (IRA) so things like this interest me.
First Page Last Page
Page 3484 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.