Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,556 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
confucius_ag said:

POSH had a great day .......

Then got pounded AH on earrings and guidance.

ICWYDT
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

is this fair to say? ... sounds like you all are going for conservative gains on these, not getting greedy. (hence my 392 buy and a quick sell at 392.40 on first move up, shown in the chart: couldve also bought at reversal (6 green candles down or so from where I have "2nd round sell"). Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

Similar yes in concept.

I early morning already have the support/resistance lines in for Daily view over the long term. I'll then each morning open up an hourly and add in support/resistance lines in a different color to include the previous day. Then when I open my trading panel with 1,5,10 min charts those lines are already set. Amazing how it pivots at each line intraday. Daily lines are majors and hourly minors for me. I generally trade line to line however if there is volume movement or speed I'll pause the sell or buy to see if blows through. I'm not as much watching candies as I am keying in support and resistance. I do pay attention to volume.

I think it was yesterday but there was a violent 1 minute move that the option basically doubled in seconds it felt like. I missed the peaks of that but that's ok. It's not the system. MFR will know that one too.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Post removed:
by user
zag213004
AG
third coast.. said:

Nugget 3 and mom are doing great. I credit the nice green day on her birth.

Congrats to you and your family!!!!
Jet Black
third coast.. said:

That's the mom?!?!?! You're sick!

Seriously, congratulations.
Post removed:
by user
Jet Black
third coast.. said:

my wife would kick my ass if i posted her photo right now

Ha. I bet she would.
FJ43
third coast.. said:

Congrats! What a blessing!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
Man, you have some good looking gals.

Congrats Pops!
Ragoo
AG
third coast.. said:

mom looks a little young
oldarmy1
AG
JAggie2007 said:

Me whenever OA posts an options play.

What in the!!!

No chute? We don't work without a net around here!
oldarmy1
AG
Well done! Smart to have a sitter in the family too. Good planning.
fightintxag13
AG
Congrats sir!!
Colt98
AG
Big Sis has a real baby doll to play with now. congrats!
Brewmaster
AG
thanks so much for the replies, that makes more sense now.
MaroonDynasty
Becky portfolios taking a haircut the last couple days with SFIX and POSH.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Y'all got me super intrigued on this day trading spy levels thing. I've tried it but mostly done poorly and I'll attribute that to being cheap (going a couple strikes otm), lacking a system/discipline and the days i have tried it ended up being dream wreckers. If a dude wanted to start with a couple hundred bucks (like enough for a single atm spy call or put for the next expiry) and trade these levels with one contract, is that feasible?
BrokeAssAggie
NRD09 said:

Y'all got me super intrigued on this day trading spy levels thing. I've tried it but mostly done poorly and I'll attribute that to being cheap (going a couple strikes otm), lacking a system/discipline and the days i have tried it ended up being dream wreckers. If a dude wanted to start with a couple hundred bucks (like enough for a single atm spy call or put for the next expiry) and trade these levels with one contract, is that feasible?

I'm intrigued as well. Let's be support buddies tomorrow and give it a go!
FJ43
NRD09 said:

Absolutely. Just stick to the/a system and set it and forget it. Tweak and improve what works best for you. It's about as Shapiro or Redler preaches....We want the meat of the burger and don't care about the buns and trimmings. I've found when you try and maximize each trade it doesn't usually end as well if you just let it execute.

Small amounts in repetition, systematically, add up prettt quick.

agdaddy04
AG
What's everyone's price target on FUBO and NIO? You guys looking at long term holds for these?
plowe32
AG
Thank you!
clinto
What charts do you use to set your support and resistance lines? You mentioned long term daily charts, so like 3 month?
AgEng06
AG
Congrats man!
FJ43
clinto said:

What charts do you use to set your support and resistance lines? You mentioned long term daily charts, so like 3 month?

I'll use the resistance and support lines months back for as many points as line up. Sometimes it's just a few weeks and others it will have been at levels multiple times over months. The main thing will be to identify as many common points as possible that repeat. They will be easy to see.

Hourly I usually only go back a week at most. Many times there are commonalities with the ones drawn using daily. The lower the span time the more granular it becomes.

Today was a little harder. Territory that didn't have much history or left hand chart close to ATH. So intraday lines were added in a few instances.

AgsnFly
AG
Just filled long on some /VX futures. Using tighter stops than usual. Hopefully a loser hedge.
D2F1D0
AG
1) What are you using to set resistance and support levels? I saw you mentioned having the 10min chart tied to the options chain in your screen set up.

2) how are you deciding if the underlying security is volatile enough? Number tied to VIX? IV?

3) why would anyone trade a short straddle? My leap from ignorance says true bear market conditions.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
third coast.. said:

That's great news Sir! Congrats on the healthy new addition and mom doing well.
Brewmaster
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What's everyone's price target on FUBO and NIO? You guys looking at long term holds for these?
mine are in IRA's looooong holds for me, dabbled in NIO calls this week. Short term on both it just depends on this run we are on. 4K SPX is going to be a tough nut to crack I think. I bet we test it a few times and pull back cool off from it, then bust through. This year, I think NIO could hit 100, FUBO maybe back to all time highs, 60's? Really depends on the macro more than anything else.
Fireman
AG
Absolutely beautiful - congrats!
agdaddy04
AG
BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

mine are in IRA's looooong holds for me, dabbled in NIO calls this week. Short term on both it just depends on this run we are on. 4K SPX is going to be a tough nut to crack I think. I bet we test it a few times and pull back cool off from it, then bust through. This year, I think NIO could hit 100, FUBO maybe back to all time highs, 60's? Really depends on the macro more than anything else.

Thanks. IRA for me as well.
ProgN
MVIS reported earnings AH and the reaction looks positive but I haven't delved into it. Has anyone analyzed it for the board. I can't tonight because I get up really early on Fridays for work. It's chart is looking extremely attractive though. TIA.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Congrats dad!
tsuag10
AG
Congrats! I've got a 4.5 yr old girl, 2.5 yr old boy, and a 1 yr old girl.

You're now outnumbered! You used to play man-man coverage; now it's zone defense!

Crazy times, but definitely worth it.
Thundergon
Foggy and FJ are spot on. Trading 0 DTE $SPY options can be very profitable and help build up a small account when executed correctly. If you are wanting to try your hand at it, I highly recommend you check out Elite Options public Twitter page. He routinely posts free $SPY levels that are spot on, same goes for Adam Mancini and he even posts intraday updates. I have about six $SPY charts setup on one screen that I look at for these trades. I use alerts to notify me when to enter/exit a trade. The charts I use are a 1-min w/ volume and OAs recommended moving averages, 5-min with TTM squeeze and Elite Levels, Hourly with PS60 process, Daily with PS60 process, Daily with my drawn trendlines, and Daily with ATR. It sounds like a lot but I focus more on the shorter time frames and use the longer timeframes as a relative guide. ATM calls/puts is what I use as well, and I try to sell on the pops from the 1-min chart as best I can. Take it slow at first for the 0 DTE trades if going that route because they are high risk. My favorite strategy is to trade these on Fridays with a portion of my profits for the week. I'm not too upset if I screw these up and the payday can be quiet nice. Net free on these trades in a short timeframe, sometimes as little as 5 minutes, is hard to beat.
First Page Last Page
Page 3483 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.