Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,288 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Cartographer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone else feel it's weird that we can't frac underground but we can fully revive strip mining?

Sunday morning thoughts about the ev space.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
panduh bear said:

anyone else feel it's weird that we can't frac underground but we can fully revive strip mining?

A significant amount of people are easily swayed by what they see and don't think about what it takes to get actually get a product to them.

Food comes from a store.
Power comes from an outlet or a battery.
Water comes from the tap.
Goods are just delivered to your home.

Rare earth metal mining is terrifyingly bad for the environment and all of the means by which they are extracted, purified and delivered are driven by fossil fuels. People don't care to think what it took for their battery to be made, or the materials for their car are procured and made or even for the source of electricity that recharges their battery.

We (born in the 70s, 80s and 90s and currently today's main consumers), got preached at constantly growing up that "saving the environment" was important which I agree that it is. A lot of us got brainwashed however into thinking that the only way to do that was renewable energy sources and that we in the US had a duty to save the environment. Nobody dared say a negative word about what renewables on a massive scale would cost us environmentally so the idea grew unencumbered to where it is now. You're basically shouted down as a heretic if you thing up the negative aspects of EV.

This EV revolution is years of propaganda and dogma finally hitting a critical mass with consumers and technology to make it uber profitable.
khaos288
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

panduh bear said:

A significant amount of people are easily swayed by what they see and don't think about what it takes to get actually get a product to them.

Food comes from a store.

Rare earth metal mining is terrifyingly bad for the environment and all of the means by which they are extracted, purified and delivered are driven by fossil fuels. People don't care to think what it took for their battery to be made, or the materials for their car are procured and made or even for the source of electricity that recharges their battery.

We (born in the 70s, 80s and 90s and currently today's main consumers), got preached at constantly growing up that "saving the environment" was important which I agree that it is. A lot of us got brainwashed however into thinking that the only way to do that was renewable energy sources and that we in the US had a duty to save the environment. Nobody dared say a negative word about what renewables on a massive scale would cost us environmentally so the idea grew unencumbered to where it is now. You're basically shouted down as a heretic if you thing up the negative aspects of EV.

This EV revolution is years of propaganda and dogma finally hitting a critical mass with consumers and technology to make it uber profitable.

One of the huge propaganda points is nuclear.

Modern nuclear energy plants can be built infinitely more safely than Chernobyl and the like. They can produce insanely low amounts of waste, and are very resilient.

Do we hear about nuclear as green though? Nope.
cageybee77
AG
Half our population can't pronounce it.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
cageybee77 said:

Half our population can't pronounce it.

Maybe if we just called it New, Clear Energy, it would be more popular.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Is anyone here a Northman trader subscriber? I'd like to read his latest market report / summary.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It blows my mind we don't have more nuclear energy. You just have to put it in geographically stable areas to avoid things like ***ushima.

Petroleum is a finite resource. I think reducing consumption of it is smart to have sustainable energy. I am not an expert in any of this stuff. I just don't understand why we would burn coal when there are viable nuclear options available.

Edit F-U-K-U-shima. This profanity filter is stupid.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

It blows my mind we don't have more nuclear energy. You just have to put it in geographically stable areas to avoid things like ***ushima.

Petroleum is a finite resource. I think reducing consumption of it is smart to have sustainable energy. I am not an expert in any of this stuff. I just don't understand why we would burn coal when there are viable nuclear options available.

Edit F-U-K-U-shima. This profanity filter is stupid.
especially with the sophisticated process controls that have been developed.
irish pete ag06
AG
khaos288 said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

panduh bear said:

Food comes from a store.

Modern nuclear energy plants can be built infinitely more safely than Chernobyl and the like. They can produce insanely low amounts of waste, and are very resilient.

Dude, I agree so much about nuclear. It's literally the same psychology behind why people feel safer in a car than a plane.

Modern day nuclear power generation is the real green energy.
Brewmaster
AG
panduh bear said:

yeah it is all political b.s. Ask why a pipeline is bad, but trains owned by Warren Buffet are okay? $$$
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$LLY still looks great. I'm going to evaluate 03/26 200/215C.

Michael Cera Palin
AG
My pro nuke propaganda on this thread is paying off
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Credit to Stock Dweebs - $KMX looks great. This **** has snake bitten me several times, so trying to decide a way to play. This is in a squeeze, inflation / rate increases are upon us, therefore this sector will do well.

March 19th 123/118 put credit spread has OK premium, about $2, which puts you at 60:40 risk to reward, but you could bail easily at -20%

On the call side, a 03/19 120/130 has pretty good pricing: 40:60 risk to reward, and you only need this to be above 124 to break even on that trade.

Spaceship
AG
You know nuclear is safe and a good idea when even Bill Gates supports it. I'm dumbfounded why we don't pursue it harder, and I guess society just hasn't become desperate enough yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Another stock dweebs one, $FDX. I disagree with him on how to play this. the B bands on this have tightened (aka a squeeze). This has relative strength during the chop. Likely an iron condor candidate or a put credit spread candidate.

An iron condor with the call credit spread side as 270/275 and the put credit spread side as 240/235 is going for $2.45/contract, which is 1:1 risk to reward. 3/19 expiration. It could obviously blow through the strikes, but I think this is a pretty neutral trade.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spaceship said:

You know nuclear is safe and a good idea when even Bill Gates supports it. I'm dumbfounded why we don't pursue it harder, and I guess society just hasn't become desperate enough yet.
to paraphrase George Carlin, imagine how stupid and easily swayed the average person is. They will believe literally anything you tell them if it's packaged nicely and communicated by nice, likable people. On top of it, you also have coal miners / traditional energy producers with a powerful lobby that don't want to make changes and they dangle out job losses. If you followed that logic, we'd have millions of people committed to making candles in the present day. People are remarkably resilient and if you're tough enough to mine coal, there are lots of things you can do.

I'm as conservative as any of you, but we're lying to ourselves if we don't think we're hurting the environment.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I ran a scan for stocks that are close to ATH. In the scan, $RTX Raytheon came up and it looks pretty good here. I read that the commies are on-track to have more ships than we are, that could be a Northrop-Grumman type of play as well. Somebody will realize it isn't smart for the Chinese to have naval superiority to us (ps - what the hell has happened to us as a country?). $NOC looks like crap, though, and the premium is pathetic.

For $RTX, you want to buy this on a dip to either $74 or $72. a 72/82 03/26 call only requires RTX to trade where it is today to break even if you bought it now. You may be able to get every more attractive pricing.

khaos288
AG
PWestAg18 said:

My pro nuke propaganda on this thread is paying off

Lol did you teach the alternative energy class at A&M in 2007? If so, yes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
regarding $XL - it *should* bounce from here, but nothing in this setup looks like you will make money on this anytime soon. a mean reversion would take it to $16, where it was earlier in the week. It is very possible that this consolidates for a long time.

If you own shares, there just isn't premium in covered calls. You can get about $1 for 16C in April and $0.35 for March.

Either dump or wait because you believe in it long term.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There's also this out there on $XL.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210304006184/en/Lost-Money-in-XL-Fleet-Corp.

Trading wise, if you own shares, wait for a reversion to the mean and evidence of failure, then sell covered calls. when that happens, I am going to sell the ~20s, ideally for $1+
HoustonAg2014
AG
Can you do a FUBO chart? I am interested to see if we are still a go for the cup and handle. Maybe a long handle lol?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, will do this evening. I can tell you it looks like crap and the shorts are winning on it right now.
Jet Black

Yes, will do this evening. I can tell you it looks like crap and the shorts are winning on it right now.

Make them stop winning. Thanks.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
khaos288 said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

panduh bear said:

Food comes from a store.

Other plants built at the same time as Chernobyl were infinitely safer. That thing was built without a containment dome and run idiotically
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Brewmaster
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Can you do a FUBO chart? I am interested to see if we are still a go for the cup and handle. Maybe a long handle lol?
yeah what 30k said... it had cup and handle look a few weeks ago, then kept nosediving. I'm going to watch it though.

model T from it's recent drop to last high of 43 and low of 26, would put it back at 35.50. Might get a bounce back to 35.50 ish area in the short term.
LOYAL AG
AG

I ran a scan for stocks that are close to ATH. In the scan, $RTX Raytheon came up and it looks pretty good here. I read that the commies are on-track to have more ships than we are, that could be a Northrop-Grumman type of play as well. Somebody will realize it isn't smart for the Chinese to have naval superiority to us (ps - what the hell has happened to us as a country?). $NOC looks like crap, though, and the premium is pathetic.

For $RTX, you want to buy this on a dip to either $74 or $72. a 72/82 03/26 call only requires RTX to trade where it is today to break even if you bought it now. You may be able to get every more attractive pricing.

China is nowhere close to naval superiority don't let the pro-China crowd fool you. Having a lot of boats does not equate to naval strength never mind superiority. Naval strength is defined by aircraft carriers. There is no other serious definition. Borrowing from Peter Zeihan but going from memory there are 20 jump carriers in the world. The US has 11 of them. It takes 7 jump carriers to equal one super carrier. There are 11 super carriers in the world. The US has ALL of them. So getting to a common denominator there are 97 carrier units globally and the US has 88 of them. We are the only real Navy on the planet.

Incidentally this is why I don't take seriously anyone that thinks the dollar is in serious threat to be dethroned as the reserve currency. Global trade exists because we allow it to. It's settled in our currency and protected in transit by our Navy. Nobody else is anywhere close to being able to provide the latter so if we take our Navy and go home global trade fails immediately. And despite all the Made In China labels we see we're better suited that anyone to survive the end of global trade. We're one of a few capable of making what we need. We're also one of a few capable of consuming all we can make. The vast majority of the world needs global trade and only we can make it happen.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Ragoo
AG
Post more.
agdoc84
BREwmaster said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

yeah what 30k said... it had cup and handle look a few weeks ago, then kept nosediving. I'm going to watch it though.

model T from it's recent drop to last high of 43 and low of 26, would put it back at 35.50. Might get a bounce back to 35.50 ish area in the short term.

It actually hit $26.37 on Friday then ripped back to $30 when the market recovered. Would that have been the model T?
GarlandAg2012
AG
LOYAL AG said:

China is nowhere close to naval superiority don't let the pro-China crowd fool you. Having a lot of boats does not equate to naval strength never mind superiority. Naval strength is defined by aircraft carriers. There is no other serious definition. Borrowing from Peter Zeihan but going from memory there are 20 jump carriers in the world. The US has 11 of them. It takes 7 jump carriers to equal one super carrier. There are 11 super carriers in the world. The US has ALL of them. So getting to a common denominator there are 97 carrier units globally and the US has 88 of them. We are the only real Navy on the planet.

Incidentally this is why I don't take seriously anyone that thinks the dollar is in serious threat to be dethroned as the reserve currency. Global trade exists because we allow it to. It's settled in our currency and protected in transit by our Navy. Nobody else is anywhere close to being able to provide the latter so if we take our Navy and go home global trade fails immediately. And despite all the Made In China labels we see we're better suited that anyone to survive the end of global trade. We're one of a few capable of making what we need. We're also one of a few capable of consuming all we can make. The vast majority of the world needs global trade and only we can make it happen.

Zeihan is my leader as well. Couldn't have summed it up better myself.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
ProgN

I agree with you on how FUBO looks based off of technicals only, but I'm a buyer right now. They've guided earnings higher for the year and if Fubobet.com goes live in September for football season, that will be huge. Combine their guidance with some major firms taking positions in the stock, I want to own it. I'm not using margin to do it, and I'd recommend no one else buy it on margin if you're not familiar with dancing with that devil. I'm jumping the charts, which isn't a smart move, but by the time they signal all clear, I think FUBO will be 20%+ from it's current price. JMO
RenoAg
Aggiesincebirth said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

For Green Energy to work, they need to make oil extremely expensive because Green Energy is very expensive and not capable of the output of fossil fuels currently.

It was a no brainer why it gapped up and kept moving.

Bingo. Drive oil up and say " look they are both expensive but one is cleaner for the environment." They can't figure out how to make green energy cheap so that's the playbook and half the idiots in the world fall for it.

Not a fan of Dems or Green New Deal but curious how they get other oil producers to buy into this. Couldn't OPEC etc recognize this activity as an existential threat and increase supply to prevent prices from getting that high?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Futures opening up strong, almost too strong...
Aggie118
AG

Ragoo
AG
Bitcoin too
ProgN

Futures right now are meaningless. The market knew the covid stimulus would pass. I'm more concerned with the 10 yr yield, that's what fueling this current pullback. The bond market is pricing in future rate hikes to stave off inflation, printing this amount of money, that the majority isn't going for covid might cause that yield to jump. We'll see in a few hours.
First Page Last Page
Page 3437 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.