Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,009 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Cru
Whitehouse Road
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have covered calls on WWR, DNN, and UWMC. Other than that I'm sitting on my hands.
TxAG#2011
All the ARK plays are getting melted
Spaceship
AG
Bought a good size of WWR at 6.91 just now. Hopefully it bounces after this rough day.
BrokeAssAggie
kyledr04 said:

The last few days its seemed like doing nothing has been a good strategy.

I'm doing a lot of plumbing work today!
Madmarttigan
AG
Fireman said:

Anyone know why $NVDA is decreasing so much in the past hour? Saw an earnings upgrade to $700, and I'm expecting earnings this week to be great, so the movement seems odd to me.

Everything tanking
Formerly tv1113
Ags2013
AG
Ouch...
McInnis 03
AG
MU kind of obliterated here since lunch.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Method Man
Need a status report on DNN, pls.
sts7049
AG
pretty much even for the day, not much to report.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

MU kind of obliterated here since lunch.

I'm net free on some 3/19 calls. Guess I will hold for another week or so to see if we bounce back some
Ags2013
AG
On a positive note, CLOV is doing okay today all things considered
YNWA_AG
AG
The massive options volumes are for March and April. Our entry was in the .80s before that volume.
Andy07
AG
Grabbed some EBON as it dropped to $8, wish I loaded up because it bounced off that... let's hope it's not a dead-cat but have to like a BTC stock with BTC approaching 55k again
Mostly Foggy Recollection
McInnis 03
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

SHUT UP SARAHKAREN
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Ags2013
AG
Let's do a little better tomorrow
AgEng06
Jet Black
Brutal
Touchless
AG
AgsnFly said:

Touchless said:

Touchless said:

I need some opinions on a play I'm thinking of doing. Can use the below in any multiples, but thing of twice as many puts as calls and an equal number of shares to covered calls.

Selling 2 DPW March puts at $1.60 each, selling 1 DPW $6 covered call for $1.25 and then using the $445 from that to buy 100 shares at $5.5 or so. Total out of pocket is only $100 roughly and if over $6 in a month, then I receive the $600 obviously. 5x return in a month if over $6.

If under $6, then I'd have 300 shares for $1,300 out of pocket so average cost of $4.33.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Trying to figure out if there's some angles I'm not thinking of or why it would be a bad play.

Selling the puts and doing the buy-write are identical trades from a risk perspective. The volatility skew should tell you which one has higher returns.
Thanks. I was trying to think of a way to limit the immediate capital outflow. Ideally, the shares would be called out in March so trying to turn $100 into $600 in a month time frame. I already have some DPW shares I'm holding for growth, so this would be more of a short term capital generator.
LarryL
On the plus side, my tax liability for 2021 is already looking better than 2020.
McInnis 03 said:

SHUT UP SARAHKAREN
ag94whoop
AG
i missed my limit buy to avg down WWR by $0.03. guess that was best as I really dont need to keep adding too much to individual positions.

That said, Averaged down SNDL a bit at least.

TLRY, CLOV and WWR are eating my portfolio alive atm. I dont need to act on them, but it would be nice if they would just go back to previous support so that I dont see such a massive negative number...
ag94whoop
AG
Ags2013 said:

Let's do a little better tomorrow
Sounds great! I'm in!
Rice and Fries
Anyone looking at PTON here at $125? May be a good candidate for some $130-135 calls out 30-60 days....
kyledr04
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

All the ARK plays are getting melted

The ARK funds are down 3-5%. Rough day for something that seems like nothing but gains for a year. That being said, if the market is in fair shape when it comes time I might buy a ton of ARKX.
Brewmaster
AG

correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of february's the markets are a bit weak.
mazag08
AG
My $6 March 5 ET call I bought for $0.65 is currently $1.6. I got greedy and put a limit of $1.65 on the sell and the bids never got back over $1.45. So I feel like I missed a big opportunity to sell for a near $1.00 profit because I was greedy over $0.05. Hopefully the energy sector keeps going up like it did today and this thing doesn't lose too much value before I can get rid of it. Owning the shares wouldn't be the worst thing, but I'd rather just make the profit now.
FbgTxAg
AG
Apple takes the lead in the global cellphone market.

Stock drops another 3%.

Good times.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Running with the Bulls
$BIGC up after earnings announcement. Revs up more than expected!
sts7049
AG
ag94whoop said:

i missed my limit buy to avg down WWR by $0.03. guess that was best as I really dont need to keep adding too much to individual positions.

That said, Averaged down SNDL a bit at least.

TLRY, CLOV and WWR are eating my portfolio alive atm. I dont need to act on them, but it would be nice if they would just go back to previous support so that I dont see such a massive negative number...
not trying to be mean, but i've noticed you post a lot about being negative. maybe you're checking it too frequently...

set some alerts so that you can check back in when there's a run upward.
McInnis 03
AG
CCL offering, may be a good time to pick up some cheaper shares going into the reopening.

B&I Key:
You are not wrong.... at first glance.

ProgN
Running with the Bulls said:

$BIGC up after earnings announcement. Revs up more than expected!
They guided higher for the next year too. This should be on everyone's buy list. I don't rec options but if you like options look at Q4, IMO.
jj9000
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 3305 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.