Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,632 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
LeisureSuitLarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I froze one of my nuts off last week....I think a bear is about to take the other one.
McInnis 03
AG
I can't remember a time when tech was so dang weak but NFLX tried to lead the way. My Mar26 570 calls may be salvaged eventually.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ernest Tucker
AG
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

I need some opinions on a play I'm thinking of doing. Can use the below in any multiples, but thing of twice as many puts as calls and an equal number of shares to covered calls.

Selling 2 DPW March puts at $1.60 each, selling 1 DPW $6 covered call for $1.25 and then using the $445 from that to buy 100 shares at $5.5 or so. Total out of pocket is only $100 roughly and if over $6 in a month, then I receive the $600 obviously. 5x return in a month if over $6.

If under $6, then I'd have 300 shares for $1,300 out of pocket so average cost of $4.33.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Trying to figure out if there's some angles I'm not thinking of or why it would be a bad play.

No one is touching this, so with that being said, username checks out
AggieChemist
AG
I think I'm going to submit a ticket to the iTunes store about this Think or Swim app. Freaking crooks just stealing my money.
YNWA_AG
AG
AMC crazy volume after NYC opening theaters announcement
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone selling puts on $XL with this dip?
McInnis 03
AG
Sure is interesting how the activity has dropped off here with all the kicks in the nuts we've been taking lately.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Sure is interesting how the activity has dropped off here with all the kicks in the nuts we've been taking lately.
Me, lately....

TecRecAg
AG
$KO doing the exact opposite of what I thought it would be doing today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I had a couple of WWR march 7.5 covered calls that I was able to roll to April 10s for $0.05 in credit
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Been scouring my scanners looking for a setup to no avail. Blown by a good entry or meh...Nothing I would enter anyway so don't post it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

fightintxag13
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Anyone selling puts on $XL with this dip?
I just got assigned some shares. I think there's some stronger names to sell puts on right now like DPW, EBON or WWR. The premiums are a little more juiced on those. XL premiums aren't bad though. If you really want the shares, sell the March $17.50s for $2.50. If you only halfway want them, sell the $15s for $1.05.

Just watch the gap fill for $15.32. This would be where I would sell puts.
PeekingDuck
AG
Commodity!
Ornithopter
AG
Even Cathie Wood is having a rough day.

It is like going fly fishing. If everyone is catching except you, it's you. If nobody is catching, it's the fish.
mc_shipman
On the upside, as my account shrinks 5% losses become smaller and smaller sums of money!
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I had a couple of WWR march 7.5 covered calls that I was able to roll to April 10s for $0.05 in credit
You have me thinking. I have a bunch of 7.5 AUG net free calls on WWR that I intend to convert to shares..........wonder if I should roll those in to MAR calls of a lower strike and exercise and enjoy the cost savings.......

I'm dumb, perhaps I should just sell the calls and buy shares outright. Why do I always over think this?

B&I Key:
sts7049
AG
so far all i've done today is sell march 2.5 calls on half my REI with the jump. if i get called out i go net free+, if not it's a good premium i keep.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Thanks, I've got a few shares at 16, but wanted to reduce my cost basis a little.

You're probably right that there are some better ones to go into though... like WWR
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
As a beginner it's tough to do anything. Not familiar with options yet, so can't get into those, and the platform I have sucks at shorting stocks, so no way I'm going to attempt that fiasco.

Buy and hold, or swing is all I can do and days like these are tough because every move in the plus gets sucked back down.
AgsnFly
AG
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

I need some opinions on a play I'm thinking of doing. Can use the below in any multiples, but thing of twice as many puts as calls and an equal number of shares to covered calls.

Selling 2 DPW March puts at $1.60 each, selling 1 DPW $6 covered call for $1.25 and then using the $445 from that to buy 100 shares at $5.5 or so. Total out of pocket is only $100 roughly and if over $6 in a month, then I receive the $600 obviously. 5x return in a month if over $6.

If under $6, then I'd have 300 shares for $1,300 out of pocket so average cost of $4.33.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Trying to figure out if there's some angles I'm not thinking of or why it would be a bad play.

Selling the puts and doing the buy-write are identical trades from a risk perspective. The volatility skew should tell you which one has higher returns.
Engine10
AG
Eatin up all that premium sold on $WWR as we blew through $10. Got a while for expiry but hoping we get to sell another stack!
gigemJTH12
AG
Reddit stocks are popping again but they forgot $BB which they ruined
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

You have me thinking. I have a bunch of 7.5 AUG net free calls on WWR that I intend to convert to shares..........wonder if I should roll those in to MAR calls of a lower strike and exercise and enjoy the cost savings.......

I'm dumb, perhaps I should just sell the calls and buy shares outright. Why do I always over think this?
sell the calls, buy the shares, sell covered calls against the shares.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
folks - this is not the time to be making big bets. Markets do not have a clear up/down direction. Eat some premium, play shares/cc, use verticals.
KT 90
AG
McInnis 03 said:

After last with the power and water outages, I think most of the crew is probably too busy at work to spend much time peeking at this thread today.

tlepoC
AG

folks - this is not the time to be making big bets. Markets do not have a clear up/down direction. Eat some premium, play shares/cc, use verticals.
Instructions unclear. Bought more AAPL
BlueTaze
Thinking ahead...imagine if short sells are published daily to provide visibility for brokers in planning capital requirements. (One of the asks from interactive brokers ceo)

We could potentially have the same type of retail follow the leader coat tail riding on the downside that we have seen on the upside last 6 months.

Not saying the correction is imminent, but with GME came a mainstream understanding of what shorting and put buying is. At least on a level never seen before. I think that may be a variable that drives a correction deeper than what we saw in 2008 and before.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$PSNL is beaten up. Bought shares + sold 03/19 40C for $2.20. I'll gladly own this in the 32s net or sell for a 20% profit
Bulldog73
AG
WWR killing me.
Ags2013
AG
Someone alert EBON, DPW, PHUN and BRQS that Bitcoin is swinging up and we don't have to continue going down
kyledr04
AG
The last few days its seemed like doing nothing has been a good strategy.
Fireman
AG
Anyone know why $NVDA is decreasing so much in the past hour? Saw an earnings upgrade to $700, and I'm expecting earnings this week to be great, so the movement seems odd to me.
fightintxag13
AG
I sold a couple WWR March $7.50 puts for $1.50. If they get assigned, so be it. If not, I like the premium for a month until exp.
BlueTaze
I'm guessing this has something to do with AMC action today...

zag213004
AG
fightintxag13 said:

I sold a couple WWR March $7.50 puts for $1.50. If they get assigned, so be it. If not, I like the premium for a month until exp.

I did same but for April (2.33 premium)
First Page Last Page
Page 3304 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.