Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,525 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
GasAg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

GasAg90 said:

FJ43 said:

AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

BlueTaze said:

If this actually happens it will be nuts.
Summary?
Zach Morris tweeting out a group (Anonymous) or @movethemarket with 152k followers generated 3.9M views on CLOV in 2 days before even formally posting about it. They are creating their own platform to discuss stock picks and releasing the platform Feb15th. CLOV is their first pick if I am reading things correctly. I did not watch the TikTok video released by them but reading the comments and details.

Bottom line is apparently the social media world is about to be all over CLOV.
Quick question for an option newbie.

If we have covered calls, should we buy them back?

Others should chime in but much of this is speculation in my opinion. Maybe it happens maybe not. I often buy back calls if I can for a nice profit and/or something technically tells me it's about to go. If the stock isn't showing strength I just let them decay. These sorts of things above though are speculative and not sure anyone has the answer to what will or won't happen.
Thanks for your insight. I read each of your posts very carefully.
george1992
PearlJammin said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

DFW here. Baby #3 due on Monday. Can't wait for this potential s***-show.
Baby #6 coming this Friday. Some friends are offering their 4x4 trucks.

I, for one, welcome our mormon overlords.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

This is a side note, but I would urge those of you in Texas to insulate your pipes and buy water and food by tomorrow evening at the latest.

I've seen many Winter Weather outbreaks in Texas, but the one staring us down this weekend and next week is going to rival 1983/1989 in terms of severity and duration.

The major outlets will probably catch up to the forecast by tomorrow or Wednesday (they want to see more confirmation from the Euro model), but what I'm seeing is wild and when I look upstream, it's coming in colder than forecasted.

DFW may see AT LEAST 4 days of sub-freezing weather with multiple winter weather events. The American model has a low of 2 Sunday. DFW could see as many as 7 days where it never gets above freezing.

Ice storms to the coast are modeled in all of the majors. While we are too far away to say there will be Wintry precip south of I10, it's looking likely Houston will see 2-3 days of consecutive sub-freezing temps.

This post isn't meant to cause alarm, but it's looking increasingly likely that we will see a once in a generation type event starting late this week through next week.
That 1983 event brings back memories. Bryan Eagle had pictures of the water main covers lifted out of their rims and iced over after the pipe breaks. The new Medical School was under construction and the top floor had a water pipe burst, must have filled the room with water somehow and pushed a window out at the middle of the building and had a waterfall free flowing outside down the building wall and eventually icing the side of the building. Quite the sight.

I had -19 this morning and blew snow for a couple hours. Currently -6. Good luck down south.

To anyone.....if anyone knows if JeffHamilton82 is originally from Colorado City, let me know. We shared a refreshment, or 5, and I'd look him up.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
Bird Poo
AG
george1992 said:

PearlJammin said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

DFW here. Baby #3 due on Monday. Can't wait for this potential s***-show.
Baby #6 coming this Friday. Some friends are offering their 4x4 trucks.

I, for one, welcome our mormon overlords.
Catholic
krosch11
AG
OA if we have a higher risk threshold is this one of the rare instances in life where we should bet the farm? (At least what we can afford to lose ?)

Happy to hop in on the diligence tomorrow if anyone can assign some to me.
Spaceship
AG
krosch11 said:

OA if we have a higher risk threshold is this one of the rare instances in life where we should bet the farm? (At least what we can afford to lose ?)

Happy to hop in on the diligence tomorrow if anyone can assign some to me.

What stock is this in reference to?
BreNayPop
AG
I'm a Catholic dad of 4... so I understand. But 6?!?!?!

Ever heard of a "pump and dump"? Your portfolio is heavy on the long term holds. How do you even have capital left for these long term holds? Are you just working on lots of margin? (insert Short Squeeze jokes and return on investment... just know we all understand after 5 there is FOMO like crazy)

Seemed like important questions on the Stock Market thread.
J.P. 03
AG
Re: CLOV, keep in mind that there's a good chance the people behind a Twitter campaign to encourage more people to buy it are likely already in and are waiting for you to raise the price for them so they can get out. There may very well be a money-making opportunity in all this, but just be careful. (And I say that as someone who's holding 2/19 calls and would love nothing more than to see a short-term price spike)
KT 90
AG
A couple BTC small caps to add to the research list (I didn't see them yet), $izea and $brqs.

DisAg
****ing hell, I had a long post set up for DIGITRADE, somehow chrome went tits up and lost it all /rip

Ill make this a short post because they are garbage. Not worth the time to rewrite it.

They last posted financials in June 2020, they have continued to operate at a net loss, with 0 revenue. Their accumulated deficit going into 2019 is over $7 Million.

I dialed their phone number, it at least answered for DIGITRADE. However, the setup was very generic (referring to the auto-attendant). I have experience with this. Generally means this is a very small company or is just a placeholder for people calling in (EG screening calls). I got dumped into a generic VM box, and hung up.

SEC has them filed as primarily a wholesale beer, wine, distilled alcoholic beverage distributor.

Business Address:
1500 West Georgia St
Suite 1300
Vancouver A1 V6C-2Z6

Phone number: 604-200-0071

Looks like garbage to me

evan_aggie
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Re: CLOV, keep in mind that there's a good chance the people behind a Twitter campaign to encourage more people to buy it are likely already in and are waiting for you to raise the price for them so they can get out. There may very well be a money-making opportunity in all this, but just be careful. (And I say that as someone who's holding 2/19 calls and would love nothing more than to see a short-term price spike)

I'm pretty sure this is a majority of the hot action stocks lately.
JAggie2007
AG
Dan Scott said:

I should probably take time to finally understand WTF Bitcoin actually is.

Colt98
AG
Man, my son had his first varsity baseball scrimmage tonight and I get in car and had to read through 7 pages.. Awesome work here tonight. So TD wouldn't let me sell some KIQ AH tonight. I will be opening an IBKR tomorrow. Needed to for a few weeks and today was the last draw. I was a little surprised it wouldn't let me sell them. I was able to buy some of the crypto names AH, so I don't know why it wouldn't let me sell KIQ.
TheMayor
AG
Just have to jump in...THIS THREAD IS AWESOME! I've always thought the market was out of reach: thought you had to major in finance to be successful. Read through this thread, (but could never catch up...the number of posts per day just kept putting me further and further behind!). Decided to open an acct on TDA, and made my first buys two weeks ago. Thanks to this thread, it made me feel somewhat comfortable to hit the "Confirm" button on the buy rather than "Cancel"! So glad I did! Even registered for OA's seminar! Thanks to everyone for the info you guys provide...even though a lot of it goes way over my head!!

Thanks again! Now, I'll go back to lurking and learning!
Brewmaster
AG
backintexas2013 said:

NXTD does have options.
hot dang, this does have options. Ran a crap load after hours today, but one to watch.

bitcoin pay related stock
Drillbit4
AG
BCII

No website
All directors resigned in 2019
Have not filed an SEC report since 2019
No revenues

However, they have Blockchain in their company name. I think that is the only thing going for them. Not sure how it's even traded at this point.
agdaddy04
AG
It's the same reason ELCR is running as well? Just based on the name...
irish pete ag06
AG
DisAg said:

****ing hell, I had a long post set up for DIGITRADE, somehow chrome went tits up and lost it all /rip

Ill make this a short post because they are garbage. Not worth the time to rewrite it.

They last posted financials in June 2020, they have continued to operate at a net loss, with 0 revenue. Their accumulated deficit going into 2019 is over $7 Million.

I dialed their phone number, it at least answered for DIGITRADE. However, the setup was very generic (referring to the auto-attendant). I have experience with this. Generally means this is a very small company or is just a placeholder for people calling in (EG screening calls). I got dumped into a generic VM box, and hung up.

SEC has them filed as primarily a wholesale beer, wine, distilled alcoholic beverage distributor.

Business Address:
1500 West Georgia St
Suite 1300
Vancouver A1 V6C-2Z6

Looks like garbage to me

Where are you checking this stuff at? A certain website?
OutlawAG04
KT 90 said:

A couple BTC small caps to add to the research list (I didn't see them yet), $izea and $brqs.

Radio silent has been strong on BRQS as a long play. Liked the chart and got in a week ago
ibdm98
AG
FYI on the OA stock tracking Google Sheet (located here) -

I used some google sheet fu (formulas) to pull in the current price for the stocks on the MA tab and then applied some conditional formatting to be able to easily tell if that specific stock is under the MA price entry point (green) or above (red). We could also highlight yellow if the stock price is within a % of the MA price but didn't know what that should be - feel free to chime in if you have a recommendation on that.

irish pete ag06
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

KT 90 said:

Radio silent has been strong on BRQS as a long play. Liked the chart and got in a week ago
BRQS... first goalpost confirmed...

spud1910
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

It's hard to trade AH from your phone while also trying to give two 16 month olds a bath!
The baths will be more valuable to you in 20 years.
DisAg
I have to say, doing a little reading on NPPTF: Neptune Dash.

They look promising. Although it looks like their primary revenue is on loaning BTC out to Genesis Trading https://genesistrading.com/ and earning interest on that (maybe we need to look into that?), they also hold digital assets like a managed fund.

This statement went over my head though:
Neptune has been building a position in ETH subsequent to year end and is planning to join the Ethereum network with its move to a proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. Neptune will operate Ethereum validators that verify transactions on the network and receive revenue for the staking process. We plan to use the revenue to compound our growth of validators.

I know Ethereum is another form of crypt-currency that seems to be a step up from BitCoin, but I am not sure what the statement means.

They also have a net income for Aug 2020 of .01 a share. That seems to be pretty good for a company that sits at .22 a share.

Neptune secures a $4M equity facility from private equity firm Alumina Partners LLC.
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/04/14/2016021/0/en/Neptune-Dash-Technologies-Secures-up-to-4-Million-Equity-Facility-with-New-York-Private-Equity-Firm-Alumina-Partners-LLC.html

Finanicials breakdown: https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/1nw/financials/income?countrycode=de&iso=xfra

I dunno, looks promising? Again, looks more like a crypto fund company, than an actual crypto tech company. I could be wrong.

Edit: It does look like they are burning through their cash on hand though.
DisAg
irish pete ag06 said:

DisAg said:

Business Address:
1500 West Georgia St
Suite 1300
Vancouver A1 V6C-2Z6

Looks like garbage to me

Just google fu, a little wiki, sec, corporate lookup websites.
McInnis 03
AG
Worth a read.....at least I found it interesting

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
DisAg
McInnis 03 said:

Worth a read.....at least I found it interesting

https://www.investopedia.com/what-is-moneylion-and-how-does-it-make-money-4584503

Interesting, they look like a digital paycheck loan company. People running the show also look like wall street veterans. Definitely could be something.

Edit - the more I read about MoneyLion, the more my interest is raised. The problem is IF the acquisition happens. That is the risk I suppose
spud1910
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

This is a side note, but I would urge those of you in Texas to insulate your pipes and buy water and food by tomorrow evening at the latest.

I've seen many Winter Weather outbreaks in Texas, but the one staring us down this weekend and next week is going to rival 1983/1989 in terms of severity and duration.

The major outlets will probably catch up to the forecast by tomorrow or Wednesday (they want to see more confirmation from the Euro model), but what I'm seeing is wild and when I look upstream, it's coming in colder than forecasted.

DFW may see AT LEAST 4 days of sub-freezing weather with multiple winter weather events. The American model has a low of 2 Sunday. DFW could see as many as 7 days where it never gets above freezing.

Ice storms to the coast are modeled in all of the majors. While we are too far away to say there will be Wintry precip south of I10, it's looking likely Houston will see 2-3 days of consecutive sub-freezing temps.

This post isn't meant to cause alarm, but it's looking increasingly likely that we will see a once in a generation type event starting late this week through next week.
That 1983 event brings back memories. Bryan Eagle had pictures of the water main covers lifted out of their rims and iced over after the pipe breaks. The new Medical School was under construction and the top floor had a water pipe burst, must have filled the room with water somehow and pushed a window out at the middle of the building and had a waterfall free flowing outside down the building wall and eventually icing the side of the building. Quite the sight.

I had -19 this morning and blew snow for a couple hours. Currently -6. Good luck down south.

To anyone.....if anyone knows if JeffHamilton82 is originally from Colorado City, let me know. We shared a refreshment, or 5, and I'd look him up.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
Yeah, the memories of the '83-84 winter. I went down about Jan. 4th for my vet school interview. We had no idea of the cold coming when we left for Christmas, so the toilets had ice in the bowl and every line into the house was frozen up. So no shower before my interview, the most stressful event of my life to date. I went to the neighbors' water trough for their cows and got a bucket of cold water from the faucet, which I heated on the stove so I could clean up just a little. It was 4 degrees that morning.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
This thread is wild.
RigsTx
AG

Last weather post...

The WARMEST of the models says even the Tine gets snow.

Is the purple near Midland/Odessa meaning multiple inches of snow? Weather channel has a 30% chance of snow on Monday and that is it.
irish pete ag06
AG
DisAg said:

irish pete ag06 said:

DisAg said:

Business Address:
1500 West Georgia St
Suite 1300
Vancouver A1 V6C-2Z6

Looks like garbage to me

Just google fu, a little wiki, sec, corporate lookup websites.
Got it... Already started doing this too.
ag94whoop
AG
I am a little concerned about this idea of a full reset OA mentioned. As a guy who owns two ranches making up more than 2/3 of my net worth , the idea of that being taken away kinda freaks me out. Should I seriously be looking to sell?
Rice and Fries
BTC hit $46.5K.
Post removed:
by user
Rice and Fries
ag94whoop said:

I am a little concerned about this idea of a full reset OA mentioned. As a guy who owns two ranches making up more than 2/3 of my net worth , the idea of that being taken away kinda freaks me out. Should I seriously be looking to sell?

Dude absolutely not. If **** hits the fan like OA1 is saying, you're going to see some wild stuff. But you're going to want physical assets, as they hold up to inflation hedging.

When I asked the question earlier about what it would look like/how to prepare, I'm mainly talking about how can one now make moves to help handle my parents and in-laws in a way that doesn't hurt me as much later.
irish pete ag06
AG
DTMXF: Datametrex

I did some google fu on this one.

Interesting...

Quote:

Datametrex AI Limited (TSXV: DM) (FSE: D4G) (OTC Pink: DTMXF) (the "Company" or "Datametrex") is pleased to announce that NexaSMART allows for deepened analysis and understanding of social media influence over stock prices. Nexalogy will soon add Reddit and other data sources in order to expand AI interpretation of such trends. NexaSMART stands for "Social Media Automated Reporting Technology."

Many investor eyes have turned to the subject of discussion forums such as Reddit that can have impact on the stock market and the price rise of specific stocks, sometimes even despite poor business indicators. According to the Wall Street Journal, mainstream journalists have linked cryptocurrency, stock speculation and conspiracy theories together as a formula for volatility in markets.1
https://investingnews.com/news/artificial-intelligence-investing/datametrex-ai-tracks-social-media-data-to-understand-reddit-effect/

They are also in the COVID testing business...

First Page Last Page
Page 3158 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.