Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,077 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Cru
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YNWA_AG said:

Mattress Mack's week started off well

What did he do this year?
Philip J Fry
AG
Net 3.46 million on the bucs.
trip98
AG
Bet 3.4 to win 2.7
But also had promo on free stuff if bucs won...likely covered by insurance or maybe just his hedge bet
FTAG 2000
AG
ebdb_bnb said:

backintexas2013 said:

You asked a question and he gave you an answer.
I said who gives a **ck. Do i need to explain that it was rhetorical?

Easy. There's a forum for that. -staff

I just shared a play, you were the one who tried the Jedi hand wave about it being routine and ordinary.

I just want to make money, we all should right? Tailing this administration's appointees from Wall Street and China is gonna pay. It ain't right but I'm pretty sure everyone here is going to be paying more in taxes, may as well make hay where we can off Biden inc.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So near the top of the channel we sell a 545/560 credit spread at the top when the stock price goes above 545, netting $8-10. Then buy it back for $3-5 after the stock goes below $525 and sell put spreads for 510/530 and net another $8. Then buy those back again for $4-5 and repeat? At some point you'll lose but you have a max loss of $15 to the bull side.

Since earnings is coming up this week maybe it's a bad week to begin, but is that the general idea?
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

So near the top of the channel we sell a 545/560 credit spread at the top when the stock price goes above 545, netting $8-10. Then buy it back for $3-5 after the stock goes below $525 and sell out spreads for 510/530 and net another $8. Then buy those back again for $4-5 and repeat? At some point you'll lose but you have a max loss of $15 to the bull side.

Since earnings is coming up this week maybe it's a bad week to begin, but is that the general idea?
yes that is the idea. Until it breaks out of the box. You aren't getting $8-10 though. Sell the 545c buy the 560c is about $5.70 now. 2/19 expiry.
docaggie
AG
I remember the NIO play, but was reluctant to invest in another Chinese company after the debacle with Luckin Coffee and how they cooked the books.
I remember all of that news came out when I was holding calls for a couple of months out. I made money before that on them, so it all evened out.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
ebdb_bnb said:

AG 2000' said:

ebdb_bnb said:

Red Rover said:

AG 2000' said:

Jet Black said:

NIO or FUBO, if you could only buy one?

For the cynical yet profitable bet:

NIO.

Biden ties to China.
Three Blackrock execs are now in the Biden admin including deputy treasury secretary and chief economic advisor.
Blackrock has a three billion dollar stake in NIO stock, a position they added 2.2 billion in after Biden took office.

How terrible is it that we are actively investing in companies with ties to Democrats, because we know they aren't even going to try to hide pumping these companies to line their pockets? It's like a known thing and the coming rampant corruption is all just fine and dandy. Sad. Sorry, back to stocks.

It happens with every admin and wgaf?

Not trying to start a fight but quick, name a huge Wall Street firm that had a bunch of execs join the Trump admin and then started pumping out executive orders favorable to your investments within the first month of taking office.
Take your political crap to F16. All admins benefit themselves and their supporters. The point is why should anyone care if the point is to make money.
You need to relax bruh. I was one of the biggest ********s on F16, but this isn't the thread for that, or emotions. Emotions lead you to make bad decisions and we all just want to help each other to make money in here.
leoj
AG
Red Rover said:

AG 2000' said:

Jet Black said:

NIO or FUBO, if you could only buy one?

For the cynical yet profitable bet:

NIO.

Biden ties to China.
Three Blackrock execs are now in the Biden admin including deputy treasury secretary and chief economic advisor.
Blackrock has a three billion dollar stake in NIO stock, a position they added 2.2 billion in after Biden took office.

How terrible is it that we are actively investing in companies with ties to Democrats, because we know they aren't even going to try to hide pumping these companies to line their pockets? It's like a known thing and the coming rampant corruption is all just fine and dandy. Sad. Sorry, back to stocks.

Neither of these posts make much sense, honestly. Invest in NIO because it's a top company in a growing focus sector and continues to execute operationally and will succeed in the near and long term future. Not sure what politics has to do with it.
FJ43
Morning gents. Here's to a successful trading day ahead.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Post removed:
by user
FJ43
third coast.. said:

FJ43 said:

Morning gents. Here's to a successful trading day ahead.

Talmbout
Lets see if my SNDL plan works today. First shares just bought at $1.10 which is the top end of my plan. Hope to pick some up lower.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

backintexas2013
AG
MARA and RIOT both with nice starts based off BTC being above $39,000
FJ43
CLOV opening at $13.23 here.

Post removed:
by user
59 South
AG
Here's another interesting new name - $TRIT - Singapore based FinTech on blockchain. Bonus points for being a small cap with options! I've been waiting on some price stabilization before dipping my toes in.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395632-triterras-debunking-short-thesis-shares-major-upside

FJ43
third coast.. said:

I'll buy more at $1.01 or less, which wasnthe bottom of your buy spread IIRC.

Looking to roll some calls on a couple things if they open green.
I'm hoping for that 1.01 but who knows.

BFT opening lower which I may roll those but guess will have to see.

FJ43
59 South said:

Here's another interesting new name - $TRIT - Singapore based FinTech on blockchain. Bonus points for being a small cap with options! I've been waiting on some price stabilization before dipping my toes in.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395632-triterras-debunking-short-thesis-shares-major-upside

Wonder what the falloff here was from? Big volume to find what looks like the base though.

Nevermind...just read the article.

FJ43

59 South
AG
Yea, that article has a lot of good and thorough info. Bit of a goalpost look on volume on Jan 25 and Feb 5... not exactly classic but between those 2 big green volume days and Dec 17, $7 appears to be a very strong support base.
FJ43
Sheesh REI up 74% premarket here. Will it hold or fall back is the question. 1.21M shares already in first hour.

Post removed:
by user
FJ43
third coast.. said:

OA was emphatic about buying last week and I didnt
Hit 2.91 and coming back down. Model T is about 2.32 (assuming it gets there) if you want in or to watch it. Has an options chain to sell covered against.

Post removed:
by user
BrokeAssAggie
MVIS at $12.30
backintexas2013
AG
KMPH up 10%
Ornithopter
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

OA was emphatic about buying last week and I didnt
Hit 2.91 and coming back down. Model T is about 2.32 (assuming it gets there) if you want in or to watch it. Has an options chain to sell covered against.

In at 2.35
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

I read this as he got shares to sale filled?
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I think he sold some on the gap up this morning that were trading shares. If someone wasn't in this one but wanted in the Model T was a possible entry.

Agswinning
Net free on REI
BrokeAssAggie
Gotcha
Post removed:
by user
Ornithopter
AG
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I think he sold some on the gap up this morning that were trading shares. If someone wasn't in this one but wanted in the Model T was a possible entry.

From Friday
Rice and Fries
FJ43 said:

Sheesh REI up 74% premarket here. Will it hold or fall back is the question. 1.21M shares already in first hour.

The bigger question is wtf do I do with my June $2.5 calls I bought? OA1 took shares and covereds but I guess I just need to exercise the covereds he sold and I bought.

I promise OA1 I'll take really good care of 1/2 of the shares!
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 3137 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.