Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,052 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
tramaro1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

For anyone else still in AMC (or other meme stocks), my new plan is to sell weekly calls just out of the money and either pocket the juiced premium or sell remaining shares

I have some AMC and this was my plan as well.
KaneIsAble
AG
Don't feel bad, bought 100 shares when it was $70ish and thought I was making a killing at $150 earlier this year

Edit - ROKU
bigtoneag
AG

Cathie loves Haynes King! $LGVW
agdaddy04
AG
Don't feel bad I thought the same thing. Or at least that AppleTV would own the market.
irish pete ag06
AG
tramaro1 said:

gougler08 said:

For anyone else still in AMC (or other meme stocks), my new plan is to sell weekly calls just out of the money and either pocket the juiced premium or sell remaining shares

I have some AMC and this was my plan as well.
Also doing this! Also already net free. So attempting to go into the negative on cost of ownership.
agdaddy04
AG
gougler08 said:

What does that mean just out of the $$?
gougler08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

gougler08 said:

What does that mean just out of the $$?

AMC is at 6.83 right now so if it opens around there I'd sell the $7 covered call for Feb 12. Good premium and probably a 50/50 chance it breaks that level on Friday to get called out
trip98
AG
StrawberryFields said:

FJ43 said:

StrawberryFields said:

The large percentage of everything I acted on based on recommendations from this board are up. By contrast, the majority of everything I recommended to myself is down.

I could be a case study in bad entry timing.

Note to self: "Listen to the board, not that little guy in your head!"
The more you apply to the technical knowledge, process and discipline the more your personal confidence will grow. I think most anyone will agree it just takes time.
Thanks! Working on that for sure. Rewatching OA1 seminar this weekend and studying charts, really need to work on my chart recognition skills more.

Has the recording been sent out?
I haven't seen an email on it
Method Man
The inventor is an Ag. For shame!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A friend brought $RVP to my attention today. Goal posts and looks like institutional buying. They make retractable injection needles.
docaggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

A friend brought $RVP to my attention today. Goal posts and looks like institutional buying. They make retractable injection needles.
I hate those things (for IV placement, not injection).

Having said that pretty much every health system requires this sort of thing now for all needles to prevent accidental sticks.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Red Red Wine
AG
I think someone mentioned this already, but was just looking at the 10 day chart for AAPL.

It must be some algo-trading as there is about the same "sell" volume every day for the past nine days at 10am. Did somebody already post on here what that is all about?

Method Man
Wasn't that the fake stock they were selling in Boiler Room?
BobFriend13
AG
The one in February. 27th I believe.
Brewmaster
AG
confession time:

I have never sold naked puts. In this market it feels like a good time to give that a shot. Why wouldn't I sell WWR Feb 10P for 2.40 or TIGR March 30P for 8.80?? just picking 2 stocks that I think outrun their current SP and quickly.
Ragoo
AG
I sold XL put spread, it fell, I rolled, it fell more and is holding around $20. I have too much capital tied up securing this position and I hate it. I've made a couple of poor trades trying to make something happen to offset this frozen capital. I sold the put spread to collect some juiced premium that hasn't faded because there has been nothing to crush the IV.

Keep that in mind.
wanderer
I'd be doing the same but TD still isn't letting me sell CCs (even though I have the shares and leaps to cover it). Not amused.

Anyone else still restricted from selling AMC calls?
Ornithopter
AG
BREwmaster said:

confession time:

I have never sold naked puts. In this market it feels like a good time to give that a shot. Why wouldn't I sell WWR Feb 10P for 2.40 or TIGR March 30P for 8.80?? just picking 2 stocks that I think outrun their current SP and quickly.

The potential loss is quite massive, especially on a percentage basis.
tsuag10
AG
I've always thought naked puts were a better strategy for blue chips that are more of a steady, "sure thing" (I know; there's no such thing.)

Something you would be happy to own regardless of what happens.
aggies4life
AG
trip98 said:

StrawberryFields said:

FJ43 said:

StrawberryFields said:

The large percentage of everything I acted on based on recommendations from this board are up. By contrast, the majority of everything I recommended to myself is down.

I could be a case study in bad entry timing.

Note to self: "Listen to the board, not that little guy in your head!"
The more you apply to the technical knowledge, process and discipline the more your personal confidence will grow. I think most anyone will agree it just takes time.
Thanks! Working on that for sure. Rewatching OA1 seminar this weekend and studying charts, really need to work on my chart recognition skills more.

Has the recording been sent out?
I haven't seen an email on it

I believe so, one with the link to the recording and another email with pw

What I am unsure is can we watch the recording over a few times with the same pw or we need to contact oa1 for another pw for those of us who need to watch it multiple times ?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BREwmaster said:

confession time:

There are worse ways to fomo into wwr. 7.6 basis is a bargain right now. 1-2 weeks from monthly opex is where i really go into overdrive selling puts on stocks i want in to that don't have weeklies
agdaddy04
AG

Also, every single one of you should buy shares in $JMIA and forget about it for 2 years. Bringing Africa into the modern era could produce huge growth. This is a spec play, but I think you'll be glad you bought.

What are your thoughts on JMIA at this price?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Red Red Wine said:

I think someone mentioned this already, but was just looking at the 10 day chart for AAPL.

It must be some algo-trading as there is about the same "sell" volume every day for the past nine days at 10am. Did somebody already post on here what that is all about?

Retail bought tons and tons of AAPL calls for today. A ridiculous amount. If it's better for the institutions to strategically sell shares instead of getting called out I think that's what they do and have been doing here. I think we see it finally go this next week.
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

confession time:

There are worse ways to fomo into wwr. 7.6 basis is a bargain right now. 1-2 weeks from monthly opex is where i really go into overdrive selling puts on stocks i want in to that don't have weeklies
GREAT point! thank you sir
Bob Knights Paper Hands
That's after a big green day from WWR. If it pulls back a bit those put premiums will increase quite a bit.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Also, every single one of you should buy shares in $JMIA and forget about it for 2 years. Bringing Africa into the modern era could produce huge growth. This is a spec play, but I think you'll be glad you bought.

I still like it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
agdaddy04 said:

without looking at it too hard, if you think this is the end of this run up then it would likely retrace to the 50 prcrntile. That would be $53 range. Model T, yo.
Brewmaster
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Red Red Wine said:

Retail bought tons and tons of AAPL calls for today. A ridiculous amount. If it's better for the institutions to strategically sell shares instead of getting called out I think that's what they do and have been doing here. I think we see it finally go this next week.
live look at the MM's on AAPL... the dam fixin to break!

aggies4life
AG
$ozon Amazon of Russia. Anyone holding this long? Or thoughts on it?
agdaddy04
AG
I posted this in the penny thread but it's crazy something like this can go on. Just some scheme? Doesn't appear the company has exited since 2010 but the stock blows up this year. Guess because of the company name?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nasdaq.com/articles/elcr-stock%253A-9-things-to-know-about-ev-play-electric-car-company-today-2021-01-20%3famp
zgolfz85
AG
aggies4life said:

$ozon Amazon of Russia. Anyone holding this long? Or thoughts on it?

Been eyeing that too. I mean...if the model can work in China with its political risks, then surely it can work in Russia too...
backintexas2013
AG
BTC running.
Jet Black

Had a guy, back in 2002, tell me about rvp. The next greatest thing. I want to say they said it would reduce medical personal from getting stuck. I think they were still fairly new at that point. I tracked it for a while, it didn't do much, and I lost interest. Impressed that it is now at almost $19.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A friend brought the ARK ETFs to my attention. Thoughts on jumping into those next week?

Looking at PRNT and ARKG.
leoj
AG
backintexas2013 said:

BTC running.

$MARA should help me out on Monday then
First Page Last Page
Page 3128 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.