Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,187 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's awesome. Also, T&Ps for your son. The breading is the best part.
ProgN
I tried to tell him
Madmarttigan
AG
Well, zoo meltdown is in full effect. Sucks but what a great season. Still excited for a big bowl game win.

And let's hope the stimulus happens so I can get out of some calls pre xmas.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Welp, ventured over to M&W forum for signing day and CFP talk the last few days. Back to stonks and bourbon threads only.
Decay
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Guess when elon tweeted about the joke currency Dogecoin...

he made me ten bucks!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The market spoke to me via Sirius XM

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The more i learn about you the more i like you...

But I thought a 3-series was the vehicle of choice for $30,000 millionaires?
McInnis 03
AG
M5, remember when those kids died taking off in an m5 at like 180mph??
Cartographer
When the M5 grabs it flies. Excellent choice.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this is my 3rd one. I have had an E60, F10, and now the F90. The F90 is AWD and a huge leap forward from prior 2WD. You can really get in trouble with these if you aren't smart about it. I agonized over getting an E63 AMG this go round, but the decision was easy when the dealers insisted it was MSRP or nothing.

On a trading note, I think this is the week for some broken wing butterflies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$ADBE. I have been in this for Jan expiration 490C with a diagonal approach for two weeks and suffered through the pullback to the 89 EMA. The squeeze fired long, so let's see what this one does. I sold this week's 505C at close Friday. I am cool with having to sell both on a move past/through 505 given I've gotten to eat premium twice to keep this one in profit. I want to see this have relative strength if the market descends, though. Target 1 $510, Target 2 $520. Playing small.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Our friendly neighborhood $MSFT. In a wedge and a daily squeeze. EMAs all stacked positively, it rebounded nicely off the 89 EMA earlier in the week. I don't know how the Solar Winds news affects this, if at all, but if we're going to go back into lockdown, this could be a great play. Daily squeeze beginning to fire long

I am going to play small above $221, first target $227, next target new ATH. If this gaps up tomorrow (or down) I will re-evaluate. Ideal entry below $215.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$FUTU. I think this has been brought up on the board, but I don't remember. Really great bullish consolidation up here. I am leery of chinese crap, but this is in a daily squeeze beginning to hook up. Could be a great entry around where it is now.

I haven't decided what to do here yet. Maybe shares + Jan 50C covered call. The premium isn't terrible for calls. I will make a decision on what to do either Mon PM or Tues AM. Selling $40P or $45P not a bad idea. Risk back to $33 but pretty good support in $36/37 area.

ProgN
NRD09 said:

The more i learn about you the more i like you...

But I thought a 3-series was the vehicle of choice for $30,000 millionaires?

This is 30K millionaire walking into work EVERYDAY.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$FUTU. I think this has been brought up on the board, but I don't remember. Really great bullish consolidation up here. I am leery of chinese crap, but this is in a daily squeeze beginning to hook up. Could be a great entry around where it is now.

I haven't decided what to do here yet. Maybe shares + Jan 50C covered call. The premium isn't terrible for calls. I will make a decision on what to do either Mon PM or Tues AM. Selling $40P or $45P not a bad idea. Risk back to $33 but pretty good support in $36/37 area.

would be a 25% return
ProgN
McConnell says Congress has agreed to $900 billion coronavirus stimulus deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/20/mcconnell-says-congress-has-agreed-to-900-billion-coronavirus-stimulus-deal.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lockheed $LMT beginning to bottom, I think. I will buy shares at $345 or confirmed reversal, and I may sell Jan $345P to get the shares. This moves too slow for call options unless you do put credit spreads. Jan 365/360 Put spreads have greater than 1:1 risk to reward.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Also, every single one of you should buy shares in $JMIA and forget about it for 2 years. Bringing Africa into the modern era could produce huge growth. This is a spec play, but I think you'll be glad you bought.
Ragoo
AG
4x in the last 2 months, goodness
Ranger222
AG
What's the deal with this stock? I remember it was popular for a bit, then everyone was calling it a fraud and it got smacked down to single digits, now huge rebound? Anything changed on it recently for the big volume buying and run up? 50 and above would be blue sky territory for it.
ProgN
Dow futures rise 200 points as lawmakers reach last-minute stimulus deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/20/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Brewmaster
AG

this is my 3rd one. I have had an E60, F10, and now the F90. The F90 is AWD and a huge leap forward from prior 2WD. You can really get in trouble with these if you aren't smart about it. I agonized over getting an E63 AMG this go round, but the decision was easy when the dealers insisted it was MSRP or nothing.

On a trading note, I think this is the week for some broken wing butterflies.
Damn, I heart you sir. I had an E38 for a little while, not long enough. A 99 740i - easily the best built car I've ever owned.
OutlawAG04
Question to the board... how many use margin and what have been your pros and cons? I have never really gotten into it. If I see something I need to accumulate I can always put my own cash in and pull out later. I see the benefits, but the risk also seems high if something went wrong. Would welcome any feedback.
ProgN
OutlawAG04 said:

Question to the board... how many use margin and what have been your pros and cons? I have never really gotten into it. If I see something I need to accumulate I can always put my own cash in and pull out later. I see the benefits, but the risk also seems high if something went wrong. Would welcome any feedback.
I use margin a lot, but I'm a trader. I increase my leverage in anticipation of the move. If it happens great, if it doesn't I cut bait. Margin can be dangerous and I never advocate it for the board. It's best for people to use when they feel they are ready and seasoned enough. My advice if you use margin is, if the trade goes contrary to what you thought it would do, get out immediately with a little loss because you CAN NOT ride a trade down on margin or it will destroy your account. JMO
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

you have to have margin enabled to place certain trades because you can lose more money than you invest in a trade, but that said, I have available cash on hand at all times for any max loss situation. Simply put, don't risk more than you have, and I wouldn't risk more than 3-4% of your account value on any given trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ranger222 said:

What's the deal with this stock? I remember it was popular for a bit, then everyone was calling it a fraud and it got smacked down to single digits, now huge rebound? Anything changed on it recently for the big volume buying and run up? 50 and above would be blue sky territory for it.
Africa e-commerce. They are corrupt AF over there, but this could be an AMZN equivalent in their market. This is a spec play, but one I'm willing to toss 1% into and see what happens.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
you said it better than me.
Ragoo
AG

OutlawAG04 said:

you have to have margin enabled to place certain trades because you can lose more money than you invest in a trade, but that said, I have available cash on hand at all times for any max loss situation. Simply put, don't risk more than you have, and I wouldn't risk more than 3-4% of your account value on any given trade.
this 100%
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Dow futures rise 200 points as lawmakers reach last-minute stimulus deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/20/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Posted this on the last page but it got buried with more important things quickly. Any thoughts on the impact of the canceled programs?

Congress will prevent and end the following fed programs:

Those four programs are the Primary Market Corporate Credit Facility, the Secondary Market Corporate Credit Facility, the Main Street Lending Program and the Municipal Credit Facility.

I am not very familiar with them but it would seem loaning money is a better Avenue than giving money as far as efficient distribution?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
gougler08
AG
So will anyone on this thread actually get the stimulus checks?
zag213004
AG
gougler08 said:

Yes. Wife stays at home with 4 kids
ProgN
gougler08 said:

I'm not worried about who will get checks, but I'm more concerned if Wall Street doesn't think it's enough.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Doubtful. We are the bank they're drawing from.
gougler08
AG

Doubtful. We are the bank they're drawing from.

Yep
Mostly Foggy Recollection
zwhag2010 said:

gougler08 said:

Yes. Wife stays at home with 4 kids

Thoughts and prayers
First Page Last Page
Page 2611 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.