Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,988 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by ProgN
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

Okay. I've told myself I'm going to attempt to bring better content to this thread other than me spewing garbage about rippers and blindly following you experts on trades.

Here is my first chart posted:

$POWW

Ammo sales. They have given guidance for tremendous revenue sales growth in Q4...and I think with current administration ammo sales could continue to be through the roof.

Potential goalpost trade based on the daily chart. I have initiated a very small position and sold $5 puts on it this past week, and am looking to potentially add more soon.

Thoughts?

Kudos! This was a homerun find! If this was your first, I can't wait for your second.
backintexas2013
AG
I will accept that for sure
Brewmaster
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Okay. I've told myself I'm going to attempt to bring better content to this thread other than me spewing garbage about rippers and blindly following you experts on trades.

$POWW

Ammo sales. They have given guidance for tremendous revenue sales growth in Q4...and I think with current administration ammo sales could continue to be through the roof.

Potential goalpost trade based on the daily chart. I have initiated a very small position and sold $5 puts on it this past week, and am looking to potentially add more soon.

Thoughts?

Kudos! This was a homerun find! If this was your first, I can't wait for your second.
fitting ticker name POWW! great find, and an ammo company to boot! very nice, huge cup and handle going back to 2018...

Jockbrock
Glad I checked this once more before bed. In on seminar!
Post removed:
by user
tsuag10
AG
Technical analysis question on AAPL daily chart:

Would it be fair to identify $138/$139 as a significant resistance level based on the past few months? We had a high of $137.98 on Sept 9 and didn't touch that high again until $138.79 on Dec 29. I know we had highs in the mid $140s last week for a few days, but then we dropped back down pretty hard.

Does that count as a rejection of that level, or was that just the broader market dragging AAPL back down with it?

Can a "rejection" of a price level occur over a few days, or is that usually an intraday thing?

TIA
FbgTxAg
AG
jayelbee said:

Decay said:

jayelbee said:

YNWA_AG said:

DFV down to a paltry 22 mil

Go figure, the WSB crowd didn't see it coming and are holding the bag. At least he sold some calls even if he didn't sell shares.

Thing about this particular guy is that he's been on GME since last year going back to June or July. He's been working shares and options over and over on this thing and also believes in GME and has studied the absolute hell out of the business, financials, executives, etc etc. He's a former employee of a financial firm.

So it's not exactly like he's out in the rain here... He wanted to accumulate this stock anyway and was discussing his long-term goals all the way back at "only" $50. He didn't even need it to hit $500 to have made his targets.

I'm aware of that, and that's great. All the more reason it's foolish for him to not have liquidated more. No reason for him to ride it all the way back down from $50MM. Once the dust settles, he'll still have made life changing money, but he'll have given up **** you money.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.

I just have a slightly higher bar for "F*%# You" money than 50 million. That's definitely life-changing money, but "F*%# You" money requires another zero.

Unless of course you're from the UK where MM can mean billion. Then yes, 50MM is definitely "F*%# You" money.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
cottonpicker
AG
BREwmaster said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

$POWW

Thoughts?

fitting ticker name POWW! great find, and an ammo company to boot! very nice, huge cup and handle going back to 2018...

Will be looking at this in the morning. Thx
gig em 02
FbgTxAg said:

jayelbee said:

Decay said:

jayelbee said:

YNWA_AG said:

Go figure, the WSB crowd didn't see it coming and are holding the bag. At least he sold some calls even if he didn't sell shares.

Thing about this particular guy is that he's been on GME since last year going back to June or July. He's been working shares and options over and over on this thing and also believes in GME and has studied the absolute hell out of the business, financials, executives, etc etc. He's a former employee of a financial firm.

So it's not exactly like he's out in the rain here... He wanted to accumulate this stock anyway and was discussing his long-term goals all the way back at "only" $50. He didn't even need it to hit $500 to have made his targets.

I'm aware of that, and that's great. All the more reason it's foolish for him to not have liquidated more. No reason for him to ride it all the way back down from $50MM. Once the dust settles, he'll still have made life changing money, but he'll have given up **** you money.

I just have a slightly higher bar for "F*%# You" money than 50 million. That's definitely life-changing money, but "F*%# You" money requires another zero.

Unless of course you're from the UK where MM can mean billion. Then yes, 50MM is definitely "F*%# You" money.

You can spend $1,500,000 per year for eternity and the principle will continue to grow. You must have much finer taste than I do if that isn't enough to do whatever you want.
mpl35
AG
gig em 02 said:

FbgTxAg said:

jayelbee said:

Decay said:

jayelbee said:

YNWA_AG said:

You can spend $1,500,000 per year for eternity and the principle will continue to grow. You must have much finer taste than I do if that isn't enough to do whatever you want.
top .003%....F that. Need more!
gig em 02
mpl35 said:

gig em 02 said:

FbgTxAg said:

jayelbee said:

Decay said:

jayelbee said:

YNWA_AG said:

top .003%....F that. Need more!

Good point, better not quit that $63,000 per year desk job just yet! You've got a 401k match that you can't give up!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Diamond hands and stupid are not far away from each other.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
In my opinion, $20M is FU money unless you're foolish.
Cartographer
Serious question about the GME traders:

Was their real problem not selling at the high? For example they all span their trades up at say $300 to $350? All Limit orders and close them out with the shorts having to cover?

$1000 was stupid but $40 to $300 and any other calls is just stupid returns.
Cartographer
Agreed.

We did some math recently and if you rolled a standard wealth "growth fund" YoY with $5mm you would never live an uncomfortable life.

I would happily take that.
ag94whoop
AG
In on the seminar.
Although I coach soccer and may have a game so I may be watching the recording
CPDAggie10
AG
BREwmaster said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

$POWW

Thoughts?

I definitely like the bullish breakout candle it made today.
Ornithopter
AG
https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/the-psychology-of-money/

Interesting read
Tibbers
Have you guys heard anything about TSNP? Very very exciting startup. They are a fintech disruptor that aims a global footprint. They are similar to PayPal, square and Venmo; however, they are same day services backed via blockchain technology. They have basically created a better wheel. Using QR codes from vendors to customers they bypass the need for costly credit card machines and service, instead offering the entirety of sales in a 4.99 per month service. Zero startup costs for vendors to switch and is completely reliant on if customers have a phone. They are ahead of schedule and in 40 different countries as of this week. Think of avoiding bank transfer fees, monetary exchanges via country to country, and lessen the burden of fees to vendors for entry into the market. The app also allows you to rate vendors thereby circumventing the need for yelp or Google reviews as this would be an all in one platform. The best part is the team at the helm is really good and communicates their multi-decade goal and approach. Here is their last investor call. I really really like this company and it's only at .42. Just look at square or PayPal. They are at 249 a share. If this company does what they intend to do, I could see a similar rise to those levels over the decade. Anyway, here is the investor conference call, take a listen and see if they can convince you as they have convinced me:
https://www.humblpay.com/investors/investor-call
agdaddy04
AG
That doesn't seem like a sustainable business model only charging that low of a monthly fee. That sure seems like an expensive overhead?
Tibbers
As opposed to credit card transactions that take money each sale and require costly equipment to operate?
agdaddy04
AG
That's correct, that's why CC companies make so much money. I was wondering what other streams of revenue they'd have. That doesn't seem like enough.
agdaddy04
AG
I'll certainly look at your link and it's had some great movement lately. Sorry didn't mean to come off as bashing it. Just trying to understand how they'll make their money.
Tibbers
All good, check out the video. They explain a lot as far as their plan. I like the people at the top.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Good eye. I'm going to research these folks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
EMA reconnect soon?

Bob Knights Paper Hands
$TSNP do they sell cups and handles? Because I think I have one I'd like to buy.
FJ43
Morning all....little green here premarket

Early premarket on a few some are in.
UWMC up 7.5% over $11... something gave it some juice. Could be a good day for it.
BFT over $17 so may be a good day for that one as well.
AAPL over $135 at $135.57
SNDL at $1.09. $1.07 may be a battle ground today
KQI holding at $0.81. I think this one will go and not concerned with the drop after the big day. For me its $0.71 as my line in the sand.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Spaceship said:

FJ43 said:

AgsnFly said:

FJ43 said:

AgsnFly said:

Just Checking in here. Been busy with my commodity trading busines and unable to follow. Can someone provide a short list of the any new stocks to the thread that are being targeted here the last few days. If all OA picks that is fine - just want to be in the loop. thakss in adavance and gigem
UWMC
BFT
KIQ
WWR
CLOV

Those are a few off the top of my head. All these are OA targets as well.
Thanks. In WWR but will check on the others. Much appreciated. Bought atm puts on GME yesterday so just want to follow up with anything that is looking good here.
I might check BFT first. Spiked after hours today with 125k share volume on the 1 minute and didn't pass the Model T retracing Melted back up. Got some CNBC press this evening. It may run tomorrow and may get a start premarket if it looks good to you.

CLOV is hanging around 14 now but don't think it will be for long. Good options chain to sell covered call or puts against. Chamath Palihapitiya is with it and I think ARK has been buying it.

UWMC is LIDAR tech. residential mortgage. Upside here and an OA pick he likes.

MVIS is LIDAR tech. Upside here and OA pick he likes. (left this off and mixed description with UWMC)

KIQ just look at the charts. No selloff today and mostly shaking out weaker hands. Too much volume and goal posts to ignore. You'll notice s long wick after hours down to .71 that looks a little like stop hunting.

UWMC is a residential mortgage company, not LIDAR fyi
Sorry had it mixed with MVIS. Also forgot to list MVIS. Will correct on the original post and above so not lost in translation.

FYI - MVIS up almost 7% this morning premarket.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Touchless said:

NRD09 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Anyone got any tickers that they think are really oversold or are a safe +15-20% in the next month?

God i hope GOCO fits that criteria. VALE seems like a safe bet too
I actually converted all of my net free shares in VALE today to 2023 $15c leaps. Took down a small amount of additional profit, but it gave me 4x as many shares to control for the next two years. If this keeps progressing as expected, I'll make out a lot better this way. If VALE is above $19.51 by expiration date, then this made me more money. For every $2.50 in share price increase, I make an extra $375.

Thanks for writing this out. I have a hard time putting together the cost-benefit analysis of shares vs calls and this cleared it up a lot for me. I do wonder how vale's history of issuing regular dividends (which it seems we're overdue for one)
plays in?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fireman said:

I help my parents manage their investment accounts and they are dividend investors. Their goal was to generate $20K to $25K per year in pure dividend income without touching the principle that they could use to travel and enjoy retirement. With this type of strategy, you're not really looking at sexy stocks, you are looking at bigger name dividend aristocrats that typically don't have much volatility, and consistently pay/raise their dividends each year. Obviously, you are looking at higher dividend yields too. Here's some pretty stable companies that pay nice dividend yields that we've had success with:

AT&T (T)
Chevron (CVX)
Coca Cola (KO)
Dominion (D)
Iron Mountain (IRM)
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)

With that said, I can't help myself but to mix in a few growth names, so they've been fortunate with $AMZN and $NVDA (in 2016) and $ROKU (in 2019).

Reits are another good place to look for dividends. I like CCI (5g infrastructure) and OHI (nursing homes/assisted living)
sts7049
AG
registered for seminar and email received!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
panduh bear said:

Serious question about the GME traders:

Was their real problem not selling at the high? For example they all span their trades up at say $300 to $350? All Limit orders and close them out with the shorts having to cover?

$1000 was stupid but $40 to $300 and any other calls is just stupid returns.

The vw squeeze didn't really start until after the initial squeeze pulled back to initial stock price. Are we sure it's over? If gme gets back to $20 is gonna become 5% of my portfolio

And if 13M doesn't give you the ability to say "F you" to anybody, anywhere, any time, then you're doing it wrong and likely headed for a lifetime of disappointment
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
$VEON
Looking into this. Make break back up here. Just announced global partnership with Master Card to enhance digital financial services.

First Page Last Page
Page 3063 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.