Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,995 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
D2F1D0 said:

For the newbies... Please explain a bit more. Request in stupid-but-learning terms.
sorry, i'm dense. how can i help?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sort of think we see an inside day, or at least a check of 3800. AMZN/GOOGL earnings were great, but is this a sell the news moment?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
There is tail risk due to Biden's quashing of the Keystone and looming EOs.

I like this company a lot, and it's well run, but I'd probably hedge if I were you (I am), because the slightest sign of concern from their C suite about the coming weeks with this administration could spook the street.

If that happens, it would be a large opportunity to buy.
spud1910
AG
OK, another question from a newb. My wife has a decent amount of CRMD. She is in biopharm with her career and thought it would do well. It has hovered between $4 and 9 for the last few months. Today it is at $11.99, which is great for her, but I can't find a reason why. Apparently it moved from the NYSE to NASDAQ today. Could that cause such a change or am I missing other news? IKBR is not letting me see the chart for some reason, even though I can see others fine. It tells me no historical data is available, so maybe I changed a setting.
Jockbrock
This is exactly why I jumped in. Not sure there is anything to compare it to if it really is a cure.
H-town ag
AG
tremble said:

PHUN with a sizable drop so far
Is there a target for PHUN?
FJ43
spud1910 said:

OK, another question from a newb. My wife has a decent amount of CRMD. She is in biopharm with her career and thought it would do well. It has hovered between $4 and 9 for the last few months. Today it is at $11.99, which is great for her, but I can't find a reason why. Apparently it moved from the NYSE to NASDAQ today. Could that cause such a change or am I missing other news? IKBR is not letting me see the chart for some reason, even though I can see others fine. It tells me no historical data is available, so maybe I changed a setting.
Here is a quick chart from TOS. Sorry it was quick and no extension added past today. I see three analysts raised the PT from $20 to $35 today.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
Goalposts
Decay
AG
jayelbee said:

YNWA_AG said:

DFV down to a paltry 22 mil

Go figure, the WSB crowd didn't see it coming and are holding the bag. At least he sold some calls even if he didn't sell shares.

Thing about this particular guy is that he's been on GME since last year going back to June or July. He's been working shares and options over and over on this thing and also believes in GME and has studied the absolute hell out of the business, financials, executives, etc etc. He's a former employee of a financial firm.

So it's not exactly like he's out in the rain here... He wanted to accumulate this stock anyway and was discussing his long-term goals all the way back at "only" $50. He didn't even need it to hit $500 to have made his targets.
Chef Elko
AG
What's his reasoning behind holding the large amount of ITM calls versus exercising them?
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Goalposts
CRMD - There are a few possible indicators OA mentioned from the Seminar. See the large red volume candle in the middle? Possible shallow stair step down to it then the long wick/tail 'Tricksy' above. Not followed by institutional volume after that. That's a one year look on the daily.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

AgsnFly
AG
Just Checking in here. Been busy with my commodity trading busines and unable to follow. Can someone provide a short list of the any new stocks to the thread that are being targeted here the last few days. If all OA picks that is fine - just want to be in the loop. thakss in adavance and gigem
BrokeAssAggie
AgsnFly said:

Just Checking in here. Been busy with my commodity trading busines and unable to follow. Can someone provide a short list of the any new stocks to the thread that are being targeted here the last few days. If all OA picks that is fine - just want to be in the loop. thakss in adavance and gigem

KIQ
htown12
He didn't buy them ITM. He bought them way OTM. Like when the stock was trading at 6-7 dollars. He bought leaps a while back and has just made a killing. If I remember correctly he started with ~50K and put it all in GME options and kept rolling them and rolling them.
TChaney
FJ43 said:

spud1910 said:

Here is a quick chart from TOS. Sorry it was quick and no extension added past today. I see three analysts raised the PT from $20 to $35 today.

One other noteworthy tidbit. Back in December there was unusual call volume. Most was on Jan 15 21 10C
Maybe somebody new something?
Option volume is still pretty decent.
FJ43
AgsnFly said:

UWMC
BFT
KIQ
WWR
CLOV

Those are a few off the top of my head. All these are OA targets as well.

FbgTxAg
AG
Maybe I just want it to happen, but AAPL seems to be forming a cup here AH....

Wishful thinking probably.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Tormentos
AG
Can someone shed some light on some simple strategies for hedging a portfolio. I have seen various recommendation for 2-3%. Does this mean that if I wanted to buy mid March SPY puts (let's say 335 strike) I would be buying enough contracts to be equal to roughly 2-3% of the total portfolio value? Do I have this correct?
Mr President Elect
AG
Looking at the $EXPR chart, it doesn't look like there has been that much volume behind the large price drop over the last few days. Does that mean anything?
98PercenterAg
AG
NASDAQ up or down tomorrow? Thinking about picking up some SQQQ in the morning.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone got any tickers that they think are really oversold or are a safe +15-20% in the next month?

Need to park some money somewhere but need access to it pretty quick too in case the need arises.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Anyone got any tickers that they think are really oversold or are a safe +15-20% in the next month?

God i hope GOCO fits that criteria. VALE seems like a safe bet too
AgsnFly
AG
FJ43 said:

AgsnFly said:

UWMC
BFT
KIQ
WWR
CLOV

Thanks. In WWR but will check on the others. Much appreciated. Bought atm puts on GME yesterday so just want to follow up with anything that is looking good here. Gigiem
Madmarttigan
AG
H-town ag said:

tremble said:

PHUN with a sizable drop so far
Is there a target for PHUN?

My target would have been when it ran to 4ish pre market before I was able to trade it at 6 am.
Formerly tv1113
FJ43
Mr President Elect said:

Looking at the $EXPR chart, it doesn't look like there has been that much volume behind the large price drop over the last few days. Does that mean anything?
I have nothing to support this other than theory combined with the social media frenzy, I suspect there area a lot of Robin Hooders with a bakers dozen shares bag holding.

FJ43
AgsnFly said:

FJ43 said:

AgsnFly said:

UWMC
BFT
KIQ
WWR
CLOV

Thanks. In WWR but will check on the others. Much appreciated. Bought atm puts on GME yesterday so just want to follow up with anything that is looking good here.
I might check BFT first. Spiked after hours today with 125k share volume on the 1 minute and didn't pass the Model T retracing Melted back up. Got some CNBC press this evening. It may run tomorrow and may get a start premarket if it looks good to you.

CLOV is hanging around 14 now but don't think it will be for long. Good options chain to sell covered call or puts against. Chamath Palihapitiya is with it and I think ARK has been buying it.

UWMC is LIDAR tech. residential mortgage. Upside here and an OA pick he likes.

MVIS is LIDAR tech. Upside here and OA pick he likes. (left this off and mixed description with UWMC)

KIQ just look at the charts. No selloff today and mostly shaking out weaker hands. Too much volume and goal posts to ignore. You'll notice s long wick after hours down to .71 that looks a little like stop hunting.

Monywolf
I haven't seen Ark buying $CLOV. Can you link to what you are seeing?
ProgN
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Need to park some money somewhere but need access to it pretty quick too in case the need arises.
With the parameters you've listed, I'd just leave it in cash. You might see scalping opportunities but stay liquid. This market is in treacherous territory with earnings winding down. JMO.
spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

spud1910 said:

Thank you for posting. On my chart for CRMD (but no other stocks) it says "No historical data available..." I wonder if that is because it is the first day on NASDAQ or I somehow changed a setting. They are supposed to announce important results at the end of this month, so maybe something leaked.

Edit to take this to the IbkR thread.
docaggie
AG
Ok, further on $SAVA.

The trial was small and short, 3 arms: 2 different doses and a placebo arm.
The good: they saw improvement in Alzheimer's patients in a really short time frame, which is amazing

The not so good: it wasn't statistically significant, due to the low number of patients

So, they now need to do a phase 3, much larger trial. That will take some time and involve many patients at multiple sites.

The bad: they don't have the cash to do that long of a trial. I think that means they're either going to have to be bought out, or they'll have to do a major stock offering. (Unless someone else knows of a way they can fund it.)
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
Someone needs to check the math here, but in May when APPHW warrants convert I think the warrant is $11.50. At current trading values APPHW is a $10 discount to APPH when you include the warrant value
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gougler08
AG
Be careful on KIQ, bearish jaramillo today so may make sense to wait a day or two for entry
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Someone needs to check the math here, but in May when APPHW warrants convert I think the warrant is $11.50. At current trading values APPHW is a $10 discount to APPH when you include the warrant value

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cisgenderedAggie
docaggie said:

Ok, further on $SAVA.

The trial was small and short, 3 arms: 2 different doses and a placebo arm.
The good: they saw improvement in Alzheimer's patients in a really short time frame, which is amazing

The not so good: it wasn't statistically significant, due to the low number of patients

So, they now need to do a phase 3, much larger trial. That will take some time and involve many patients at multiple sites.

The bad: they don't have the cash to do that long of a trial. I think that means they're either going to have to be bought out, or they'll have to do a major stock offering. (Unless someone else knows of a way they can fund it.)

So we buy puts?
OutlawAG04
Interesting news. Let's ride

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-03/apple-to-invest-3-6-billion-in-kia-to-make-evs-donga-says
First Page Last Page
Page 3061 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.