Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,658 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Happygilmore20
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

A lot of AMZN call holders are going to learn a tough lesson tomorrow on IV and options premium, most likely.
I don't think the buyer who put $3MM on 3500 for feb19 is going to let themselves down.
That buyer? Beff Jezos.
agdaddy04
AG
So you sold your entire position in AMZN?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AWS grew nearly 30% to $12.7B. Google Cloud by contrast is less than 25% of that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

So you sold your entire position in AMZN?
no, I sold my options.
62strat
AG
dang, my fidelity is going to pop tomorrow with goog and amzn.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dang. Thought about jumping into GOOG on Monday but went with more AAPL.

QQQ should pop at least.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Atlas is pumping $AREC.

Volume goal posts, though.

DBill
AG
Fireman said:

I help my parents manage their investment accounts and they are dividend investors. Their goal was to generate $20K to $25K per year in pure dividend income without touching the principle that they could use to travel and enjoy retirement. With this type of strategy, you're not really looking at sexy stocks, you are looking at bigger name dividend aristocrats that typically don't have much volatility, and consistently pay/raise their dividends each year. Obviously, you are looking at higher dividend yields too. Here's some pretty stable companies that pay nice dividend yields that we've had success with:

AT&T (T)
Chevron (CVX)
Coca Cola (KO)
Dominion (D)
Iron Mountain (IRM)
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)

With that said, I can't help myself but to mix in a few growth names, so they've been fortunate with $AMZN and $NVDA (in 2016) and $ROKU (in 2019).

This is great info here! I'm still young and will be messing around and having fun with other stocks looking for some nice short term gains. Just thinking of some more long term investments similar to your parents in that situation.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Last two days in SPX were an unusual move. Anyone want to render a guess on what we see tomorrow?

D2F1D0
AG
For the newbies... Please explain a bit more. Request in stupid-but-learning terms.
Thundergon
Revert back to the m....oon!
Fireman
AG
Glad it's helpful.

With you being young, the best advice I can give you I learned right here from OA >> Try to accumulate as many net free shares as possible. I figure, if I can own 100+ shares of half the S&P and the NASDAQ, my family will be wealthy.

Cue the Gif - "I want everything"
FJ43

Last two days in SPX were an unusual move. Anyone want to render a guess on what we see tomorrow?

3850 and reclaim/ride the +1 ATR. Low was above high of low day today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

wangus12
AG
D2F1D0 said:

For the newbies... Please explain a bit more. Request in stupid-but-learning terms.

Or just stupid terms in my case
Post removed:
by user
CW2011
AG
MBIO perking up AH.

Light volume. Likely in part due to Redler tweet about Black Rock filing of a 5% stake.
FbgTxAg
AG
When is the last time SPY didn't make a daily parabola and limp to the close??
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

A lot of AMZN call holders are going to learn a tough lesson tomorrow on IV and options premium, most likely.
And my flies will be there to take all of their money. All your thetas belong to us.
Jockbrock
McInnis, what did you see in SAVA other than that gaudy price target? This was already a very successful trade and could be even more. Trying to learn to uncover opportunities and understand what you're seeing on ideas like this.
McInnis 03
AG

AWS grew nearly 30% to $12.7B. Google Cloud by contrast is less than 25% of that.

Conference call said they had a backlog of 50 billion on AWS
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
BFT spike
UWMC spike
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Jockbrock said:

McInnis, what did you see in SAVA other than that gaudy price target? This was already a very successful trade and could be even more. Trying to learn to uncover opportunities and understand what you're seeing on ideas like this.

I saw a humongous price target and figured that the crowd would follow that news, nothing more
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ43 said:

BFT spike
UWMC spike
Taps fingers on table with evil grin.

I dropped more into BFT than I did GILD.
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

FJ43 said:

BFT spike
UWMC spike
Taps fingers on table with evil grin.

I dropped more into BFT than I did GILD.
BFT - Little MT right now after the spike and it pegged the 50% mark. Lets see who wins this. $17.35 now after retrace. Hit $17.78 almost instantly from about $16.80. 125k share spike on the 1 Mi and 2nd highest of the day.

This would be the reason why....

Yes it did. Never fails
Baby Billy
AG
$Bill said:

Fireman said:

I help my parents manage their investment accounts and they are dividend investors. Their goal was to generate $20K to $25K per year in pure dividend income without touching the principle that they could use to travel and enjoy retirement. With this type of strategy, you're not really looking at sexy stocks, you are looking at bigger name dividend aristocrats that typically don't have much volatility, and consistently pay/raise their dividends each year. Obviously, you are looking at higher dividend yields too. Here's some pretty stable companies that pay nice dividend yields that we've had success with:

AT&T (T)
Chevron (CVX)
Coca Cola (KO)
Dominion (D)
Iron Mountain (IRM)
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)

With that said, I can't help myself but to mix in a few growth names, so they've been fortunate with $AMZN and $NVDA (in 2016) and $ROKU (in 2019).

This is great info here! I'm still young and will be messing around and having fun with other stocks looking for some nice short term gains. Just thinking of some more long term investments similar to your parents in that situation.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again

Look at iShares DGRO. Should be a staple in every long-term portfolio
FJ43

Yes it did. Never fails
Incoming AH or premarket orders for me I suspect.

docaggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Jockbrock said:

I saw a humongous price target and figured that the crowd would follow that news, nothing more
They presented today that cognition improved in Alzheimer's patients on their drug with no side effects.
I cannot tell you how huge that is if it turns out to be real. (I say that because I haven't had a chance to look and see how many patients they treated, was it statistically significant, etc.)

A drug that slows decline in Alzheimer's is big. A drug that halts its progression is a winner.
A drug that reverses the effects? Massive. Simply massive. A FDA approved drug that can do this will make so much money, and likely get bought up by a larger company.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
I thought you were already in?

Either way, I think this will easily be a 20% gainer from here in the short term.
FJ43

I thought you were already in?

Either way, I think this will easily be a 20% gainer from here in the short term.
I am. Shares and a pile of the Feb 20c. I may pick up some more shares afterhours or premarket as I think if we get a quick bump the premiums will juice on covered calls.

Heck I would love to see this thing run past the $20 a ways before Feb 19th and actually sell some of the calls and exercise some for a change.

Same here.

Quiet day for me. Bought some SPY and QQQ options. Sold calls and puts on UVXY. I'm predictable, but it works.

BFT was the rebel child in me... ha.
FJ43
SNDL back at 1.12

Mr President Elect
AG
Touchless said:

Market seems unsure how to take AMZN destroying earnings with Bezos also stepping down.
I had a decent size position last time and they killed earnings and the stock went down. Their retail business is not what the future growth of their stock is reliant upon. It is all about AWS. It has much better profit margins and as well as future revene paths.
backintexas2013
AG
SU reports AH tomorrow. What are your thoughts?
First Page Last Page
Page 3060 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.