Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,244 Views | 231689 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
BudFox7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The patterns OA is teaching could fairly easily be incorporated into a pattern matching algo. You'd need an exit criteria to know if it outperforms common long only strategies.

I'd be interested to see if it's a sustainable strategy.
FJ43
tv1113 said:

Just checking I had already doubled on it earlier this week
COTY $CLOV is becoming my 2nd largest accumulation target behind what has been on WWR. I try and work it diligently with calls, selling puts, call buy backs, trading shares, etc. to keep reducing cost basis and/or gaining shares.

Edit: Fixed my error
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
BudFox7 said:

The patterns OA is teaching could fairly easily be incorporated into a pattern matching algo. You'd need an exit criteria to know if it outperforms common long only strategies.

Its actually Voooo Dooo
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Maximus_Meridius
AG
Since the information email, I'm up about 10%, mostly from existing long positions increasing. I've actually been very, VERY over invested until today. Selling my net-free MGNI position took me from less than 5% cash to about 35% cash. Rest of my portfolio is long term MA plays.
mazag08
AG
FJ43 said:

tv1113 said:

Are we still playing CLOV since their wasn't much news this week?

I feel like I doubled down today.

I doubled down on selling puts and my dad got in too.
Madmarttigan
AG
FJ43 said:

tv1113 said:

COTY is becoming my 2nd largest accumulation target behind what has been on WWR. I try and work it diligently with calls, selling puts, call buy backs, trading shares, etc. to keep reducing cost basis and/or gaining shares.

Wait Clov or COTY
Formerly tv1113
bigcat22
AG
Wow, I'm sure this didn't help the "$amc to the moon" movement

https://www.barrons.com/articles/amc-entertainment-investor-silver-lake-sells-stake-51611962182
McInnis 03
AG
MaroonDynasty
DD this weekend should be next level.
FJ43
tv1113 said:

FJ43 said:

tv1113 said:

COTY $CLOV s becoming my 2nd largest accumulation target behind what has been on WWR. I try and work it diligently with calls, selling puts, call buy backs, trading shares, etc. to keep reducing cost basis and/or gaining shares.

Wait Clov or COTY
Geeeez my bad had COTY on the mind.

$CLOV. Fixed it.

Ragoo
FbgTxAg
AG
I worked my way from 5% cash Wednesday to 50% cash this morning.

Then I decided to buy 100 shares of AAPL every time it dropped a dollar....

I'm back to 10% cash.

Pretty much only have AAPL, WWR, CLOV and some sub $1 lottos.

But I guess it's never a bad thing to have a shlt-ton of AAPL. It never goes down for long.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Jet Black
AAPL seems like an absolute no brainer
Bulldog73
AG
What are some of the current MA targets? Clov and WWR are the two I remember really hearing about. Any other big ones I'm forgetting?
FbgTxAg
AG
Jet Black said:

AAPL seems like an absolute no brainer

If the Reddit guys would jump on it, it would be $2000 by Monday afternoon.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I am extremely interested to know how those people who emailed with very specific (appreciate your trust) beginning and then current balances have fared this week?

I know I specifically told the one individual who had grown a $10k starting balance to just shy of $50k since last March that I'd pull out of everything not net free and not a MA stock for now.

That balance alone told me he'd been too aggressive and was EXTREMELY fortunate we had a phenomenal bull market; especially if you started last March because the big market drop had just completed.

I am down 1.7% today and almost 5% for the week. But I am up 37% YTD. Most of my drop this week was the last couple of days in the AAPL and BFT calls, which I think will pay, as well as some of the MA stocks that had soared dropping back a bit. And I freed up some cash today as well.
98PercenterAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

What are the odds of that actually happening, though? Will it even test $20 again? I have my doubts.
TexasAg2017
AG
BudFox7 said:

Would be interesting to try and set up. Probably well out of my wheelhouse but might be something to strive for.
Drillbit4
AG
Ok now that trading is paused for the week, what seems like the Best Buy's?
CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???
Decay
AG
Unless the game stonks lottery hits out and all the winners go buy AMC... I just don't see it. There's never going to be a retail assault on just a few stocks like that ever again.
JR2007
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Gotcha. just signed up. Much thanks!

edit* trying very hard to read and learn enough to get the foundational knowledge to get alot from one of ur seminars!

In the same boat here. Plenty of experience with long term investing, but never options. Hopeful to get into a seminar at some point, but can anyone recommend any good books/websites to build a good foundation?
Mr President Elect
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I am extremely interested to know how those people who emailed with very specific (appreciate your trust) beginning and then current balances have fared this week?

I know I specifically told the one individual who had grown a $10k starting balance to just shy of $50k since last March that I'd pull out of everything not net free and not a MA stock for now.

That balance alone told me he'd been too aggressive and was EXTREMELY fortunate we had a phenomenal bull market; especially if you started last March because the big market drop had just completed.

I didn't mention in my email what my beginning and end balances were, but I did include my ROI since joining.

I've been extremely agressive on here since participating around early April. I got hit pretty hard with the mini pull-back in June, just way too many option plays that basically went to zero on my account and I did a poor job of maximizing my returns on the puts that I did have (sold too early, did not roll enough over, etc). I actually took a few months off (mostly off, very light management of the account) after that and it stayed stagnant. Since being back I have gotten somewhat better about buying stock and selling covered calls as well as selling puts, instead of going as heavy on the call options. I do feel the board in general promotes those plays a bit more than they did back around May, or maybe I just ignored those back then.

Anyways, I started with $14k that I didn't really mind if I lost, I took $9k (just in the past month) out of my trading account, and my trading account is currently at $91k. I am up 10% on the week. Although it was an odd week with the some of the reddit plays. I was also thankfull to have been sitting on a few extra "QAnon" hedges in case there were any revolutions or anything.
FbgTxAg
AG
Drillbit4 said:

CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

Whichever one you'll make a cool meme for and spam all over reddit and the twitterverse.

Seriously. That's how much sense this market makes right now.
Philip J Fry
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Philip J Fry said:

I'm up 1370% this year thanks to your picks.

Is this by doing straight stock buys or options or both?

I don't feel comfortable with option trading yet. This is simply swing trading stocks.
agdaddy04
AG
Very impressive. Obviously I missed out on some big gains, but trying to learn more now.

Needing to also figure out what to do with my old 401k from my previous company...
FJ43
Drillbit4 said:

CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

I have positions in all these. CLOV is the one I'm targeting most aggressively near term to try and gain as many shares before any potential chance to accumulate at a low end is passed.

WWR I'm done adding for the most part other than working the calls and puts aspect.

MBIO same as WWR for me.

MVIS I've got a position but not as large as the others. Will use trading shares into highs and use calls but probably won't add as many shares with additional capital.

CIDM to me is an interesting once. It is one you can keep trading with minimal additional capital. I'm sitting on a lot of net free already and do plan to add in the $1.20s each time I see a support bounce. I think this could be one that goes one day.

BFT just started a share position. Bought first buys, added today, puts, etc. will work this one somewhat.

UWMC started initial position and been adding. Using calls and and sold puts.

I've also been working XL as an 'EV' type play. If the new administration pushes the US fleet this way I believe retrofit will be a part of it. XL will benefit.

SNDL - new admin we will have for 4 years. This company should benefit. Not to mention it had volume and charts that look attractive. I've built a good net free position, will trade into more share and also using calls on it.

Other share positions are mostly trades and some I took profits this week exiting to move more into cash.

FbgTxAg
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I'm up 1370% this year thanks to your picks.

Spend some of that cash figuring out how to let me go low calling doubles low!
Whitehouse Road
AG
Looking at adding CLOV and XL next week. I think XL looks really good.
Philip J Fry
AG
I am currently completely rewriting the entire app. Fun times ahead.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

wjbrown88 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

JAggie2007 said:

Don't have a link but CNBC just reported that Robinhood limiting purchases of the meme stocks to only 1 purchase.
people on twitter reporting limits too
Wait, so what are they doing about the folks that are trying to exercise calls today?

Because if they're forcing those to expire then....... Wow.
no idea, butthis is what people are tweeting

The wsb degenerates were getting around this by buying deep itm calls and immediately exercising. Awesome
Ragoo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I am currently completely rewriting the entire app. Fun times ahead.
the 42 app???!

I play your app a lot.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Engine10 said:

McInnis call on TAZ (3x inverse Russell/Small cap index) lookin sharp. Gotta be up 15-20% since you posted!
jumped in.

I'm gonna call bottom here :p

Wow. I was right!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Me too. That and moon. I curse Jay alot when I play 42, lol.
98PercenterAg
AG
Is there a clear CLOV target?
First Page Last Page
Page 3012 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.