Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,368 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by El_duderino
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Received

FJ43
0708aggie said:

https://ibb.co/HhC0ZK4
You'll get a lot out of it. Great book to refer back to now and again as well.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Jet Black
Aggie118 said:

So is SNDL going to be the next CIDM?

What is the thought with SNDL? Pot will be legalized nationwide?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Jet Black said:

Aggie118 said:

Sounds like it will be a state by state issue for full on legalization and commercialization, and will be decriminalized nationwide. In other words, removed from the federal controlled substance list.
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Jet Black said:

Aggie118 said:

Sounds like it will be a state by state issue for full on legalization and commercialization, and will be decriminalized nationwide. In other words, removed from the federal controlled substance list.
I have not added this and looks to be making a handle at the moment. Has a lot of room to go but may look to see if there is an entry for a small play on it.

I did notice it has an options chain to sell calls against or I may sell a bunch of puts. Pretty juiced premiums. Yet again....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mr President Elect
AG
FJ43 said:

ARL with more $TAK today

ARKG
01/19/2021
Buy
TAK
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD
597,000 (shares)

What are you guys in on TAK?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
NFLX is going to blow my week. Rats. I had intended to play very light this week with the inauguration.
HalifaxAg
AG
I know OA1 has said to be long on WWR, I sold too early today thinking it would repeat the cycle it's been doing.

Should I just jump back in and stay long?
Aggie118
AG
I would try and hold on for sub $6.00 at least
jwhitlock3
I've been selling puts on this 45-60 days out with $0.5 strike and its paid well (was getting .20 per contract when it was down). Really glad to see they pulled back their offering as their share dilution has been wild since they IPOed.
FJ43
Mr President Elect said:

FJ43 said:

ARL with more $TAK today

ARKG
01/19/2021
Buy
TAK
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD
597,000 (shares)

What are you guys in on TAK?
I rolled Feb 20c to March 20c.today. Others may be in a different position on this one not for sure though. I am not in shares just options.

FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

I've been selling puts on this 45-60 days out with $0.5 strike and its paid well (was getting .20 per contract when it was down). Really glad to see they pulled back their offering as their share dilution has been wild since they IPOed.
Thanks. May give it a small ride. Will work it like the others with options to lower cost basis or get a nice short term return if I find an entry.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think WWR is *likely* to revert to the $6 area before taking off again. This move could keep going obviously, but 3 ATR moves tend to have some consolidation before going on. In my opinion, you will get an entry opportunity.

Ragoo
AG
$6 is also a model-t
McInnis 03
AG
I'm a bad influence
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

NFLX is going to blow my week. Rats. I had intended to play very light this week with the inauguration.

I may roll this out a couple weeks to buy time unless I can unload it on luck value
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
0.75% total risk, so I will deal with it. But I will not be happy. Might be a down week for me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm a bad influence

I took the trade. I thought it was a good idea and 9/10 times we would have been right.
oldarmy1
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think WWR is *likely* to revert to the $6 area before taking off again. This move could keep going obviously, but 3 ATR moves tend to have some consolidation before going on. In my opinion, you will get an entry opportunity.

Every time I see these charts I think of my kids Lite Bright set. Very pretty.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

$6 is also a model-t
IF today was the end of the run. If continuation then have to wait to see the stretch top.
Ha, I remember those.

How did your call with Steve Holt go?
jwhitlock3
I was just poking around on the Business and Investing page reading some of the other threads as I rarely venture out of this one. Started reading a thread on PLUG started back in 2013 and about halfway through I realized I was the one who had started the thread (username: aggiez71). Old account that I had forgotten the login to and it was linked to my TAMU address from when I was a student.

I was crazy broke and swing trading my student loan money and proceeds from selling a motorcycle I had back in college, so I was only about to pick up 2700 shares at an average cost of .37. I almost tripled my money and was able to help my then girlfriend (now wife) buy a used tahoe when she was hit and wrecked her car, but if I still had those shares they'd be worth $178k today! Hypothetical of course, I would have sold at some point but what a trip down memory lane reading that.

When I graduated and had an actual job I focused all my excess money towards wedding and then student loans, and once they were paid down I was using dividend growth investing as my primary tool. I have only recently pivoted in the last 6 months or so back to a more active trading approach and the results are killing my past returns. Realized how much I love the social aspect and being able to bounce ideas off people, huge thanks Ags!

0708aggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MVIS update - He was clearly not wanting to divulge any growth numbers ahead of March earnings report. They have added twice as many channel marketers since August of last year. He sees an opportunity to add another 50% in 2021.

Margins have remained consistent and he was taken back by my knowing their current EBITDA. It sounds like they are exceeding their targets, but again, he was evasive. The competitive landscape is neutral, so pricing pressures shouldn't be an issue. He think the economy will continue to be fertile through 2021.

It sounds like they are about to pay off most of their short term notes, although they could be restructuring those into longer term, due to the favorable longer term rates.
0708aggie
AG
See above
bigcat22
AG
Just got the below alert, someone's making a big PLTR play...

Unusual Activity Alert
(Delayed)
$PLTR
$29 Puts
03/19/2021 Exp
Trade Volume: 1,727 Contracts
$1,277,980 was traded now.
Current Stock Price: $26.23
Trade Type: Block
OasisMan
AG
29?!

PLTR will be on the moon by then
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This 3740 level is so important for extensions. Not saying we are going to get a sell, however, I think very few people are expecting it right now.

Ah, I missed that.

I do find it interesting that a CFO would be surprised that an interested investor would know their EBITDA.

I have an excel sheet where I plug numbers and measure Operational Metrics (CCC, Op margin, ROIC, etc) versus industry peers. It's not hard to build and find.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

$6 is also a model-t
IF today was the end of the run. If continuation then have to wait to see the stretch top.
fair enough
oldarmy1
AG

Ah, I missed that.

I do find it interesting that a CFO would be surprised that an interested investor would know their EBITDA.

I have an excel sheet where I plug numbers and measure Operational Metrics (CCC, Op margin, ROIC, etc) versus industry peers. It's not hard to build and find.
His CURRENT quarter EBIDTA...
Dang it. Speed reading fails me sometimes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ah, I missed that.

His CURRENT quarter EBIDTA...
Well done on that. What did you estimate EBITDA growth to be? Did you get any information on FCF?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nasdaq / QQQ looks like it will take off from here. Alternative is we have an evening star setting up.

FbgTxAg
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

I was just poking around on the Business and Investing page reading some of the other threads as I rarely venture out of this one. Started reading a thread on PLUG started back in 2013 and about halfway through I realized I was the one who had started the thread (username: aggiez71). Old account that I had forgotten the login to and it was linked to my TAMU address from when I was a student.

I was crazy broke and swing trading my student loan money and proceeds from selling a motorcycle I had back in college, so I was only about to pick up 2700 shares at an average cost of .37. I almost tripled my money and was able to help my then girlfriend (now wife) buy a used tahoe when she was hit and wrecked her car, but if I still had those shares they'd be worth $178k today! Hypothetical of course, I would have sold at some point but what a trip down memory lane reading that.

When I graduated and had an actual job I focused all my excess money towards wedding and then student loans, and once they were paid down I was using dividend growth investing as my primary tool. I have only recently pivoted in the last 6 months or so back to a more active trading approach and the results are killing my past returns. Realized how much I love the social aspect and being able to bounce ideas off people, huge thanks Ags!

That's the play that got some of us (cough cough) going. I got in @.37, then fiddled with it for a few months, had 5000 shares @ avg in $5, then didn't look at it again for years - until November. Along with a few thousand BLDP shares @ $3.

Needless to say, I have become an active investor in the past month. Trying to diversify and this thread has been instrumental in getting me into some great positions. But those two "homeruns" have set me up to actually make some money, so I'm soaking up all the knowledge I can.

I think I'm gonna need a different accountant though...

That thread is indeed where it all started for me as well. Thank you for starting it, sir! I owe you.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
jwhitlock3
So glad to hear that! I was wondering if anyone in this thread had by chance taken that play and run with it. I had seen a few names I recognized but not many, and then I wondered if any like me ended up with a different username. Glad you posted, and congratulations on your day today, saw you had your second best day ever, that's awesome!
First Page Last Page
Page 2830 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.