Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,380 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rice and Fries said:

Jet Black said:

FUBO doing stuff AH
Its cause I sold today.

Of course. I'm very familiar with that as well.
Beerosch
AG
$CIDM @ 1.31 AH
jimbo9821
AG
I'd potentially be interested in this. I'm new to this board and missed the boat as well. Looking forward to continuing to learn
BIMS O1
AG
Trimmed too much cidm it seems. May not make it back below where I sold. Oh well, profit is profit.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MasonRamsay
MasonRamsay said:

I know we all have our personal issues with FB.... but I will be taking a position.

Reasons:
- Great RS during that sell off this morning (institutions not allowing it to dip any further)
- Currently forming a bullish inside day off the 200sma bounce yesterday
- Weekly squeeze
- Earnings 1/27

Calls are expensive but I like it enough to dabble with a 265 call out to Jan 29th. Cost basis of about $6
One of my better plays. Now that FANG is waking up im expecting them to take the market on the next leg up to the SPY 390 area. I like SQ here as it has been sideways for about a month, is in between its 8/21 ema, and will undoubtedly have an ER run up (especially if there is another BTC run which I believe there will be). Will be watching for a quick RDR tomorrow to enter 225 calls out to 2/19. Much more expensive than an OTM but I prefer to have less risk. Will cut on any 30min candle close under 225 support.
jimbo9821
AG
Looking for some help in valuation/exit targets for PTON and ROKU. I'm in both from last spring and have continued to let it ride. They blow past my previous exits. I am trying not to get greedy, but dang its hard not to. Almost been like mini TSLA the last year...
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

Jet Black said:

FUBO doing stuff AH
Its cause I sold today.
I sold some last week to book some losses because I've done really well since the middle of December and I can offset some gains. Soon as the 30 days have past, then I will get back in it because I have strong conviction about FUBO and I think they're a takeover target by one of the bigs.
ProgN
jimbo9821 said:

Looking for some help in valuation/exit targets for PTON and ROKU. I'm in both from last spring and have continued to let it ride. They blow past my previous exits. I am trying not to get greedy, but dang its hard not to. Almost been like mini TSLA the last year...
If you've held them this long, I'd wait until at least I've held them a year and pay long term capital gains vs. short. Sounds like you're only a couple months away right now. JMO
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

Rice and Fries said:

Jet Black said:

FUBO doing stuff AH
Its cause I sold today.
I sold some last week to book some losses because I've done really well since the middle of December and I can offset some gains. Soon as the 30 days have past, then I will get back in it because I have strong conviction about FUBO and I think they're a takeover target by one of the bigs.
Agreed. They are probably a giant pain in the ass on some executives radars.
_lefraud_
AG
Anyone else on the $GEVO rocket ship?
ProgN
With states allowing more gambling and FUBO's acquisition of that sports book, combined with their sports package, they are ripe for a takeover.

Since they don't produce original content, I think ROKU or GOOG will take them over.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
jayelbee said:

Prognightmare said:

jimbo9821 said:

If you've held them this long, I'd wait until at least I've held them a year and pay long term capital gains vs. short. Sounds like you're only a couple months away right now. JMO

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I sold covered calls on a number of long term holds last year and reset the clock. The reality is that on a stock that has gone up 3x, 4x, 20x, you're better off locking in gains at almost any tax rate. Using 24% tax bracket and 15% cap gains as an example, it only takes around a 9% pullback on a high flier to be the break even.

ROKU, NIO, SFIX and others have all pulled back more than this after a big run-up and I wish I had sold some near the peak and bought back afterward.
Does selling covered calls reset the clock?

I'm not that familiar with that and like one of our accountants on here to comment.

If so, then, I'd book the profits and wait for a pullback if it were me.
Colt98
AG
I thought CC were considered separate trades from the underlying stock.
ProgN
#MeToo
Aggie118
AG
CTRM is still looking like a good play. Has been hovering around $.34 for some time now and continues to accumulate great volume. Looking for a chance to break out.
wanderer
I thought I had a pretty decent cost basis on CIDM at .72. Just curious, are those who are net free selling greater than 50% of shares or you had a lower cost basis?
aggies4life
AG
What is price target on cidm?
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

Just go to 600 NFLX. I mean, really.......
yep. Gonna lose 0.75% on that. Unless it sinks down.
Almost humorous. Almost.
Tried to join the Iron Condor party but my order never got filled. So I'm with you there in spirit, but not in $.
gougler08
AG
Aggie118 said:

CTRM is still looking like a good play. Has been hovering around $.34 for some time now and continues to accumulate great volume. Looking for a chance to break out.

I'm going to be greedy and see if it will close the gap at $0.27 before I get a position
AgCPA95
AG
aggies4life said:

What is price target on cidm?

I did a little searching on this earlier as I've been net free watching it grow.

From OA1 on 12/9

As far as jumping in it, if it comes under $1 then an initial position would be good with plan to add if given opportunity each 20 cents lower. I think this is a small cap winner for 2021, due to cinema shift to home distribution. Target $3 level 1 with $7+ potential.

He has reiterated repeatedly in several post as goal to get net free as you have to remember these are still higher risk plays.
aggies4life
AG
Thank you!
jbeck3487
AG
gougler08 said:

Aggie118 said:

I'm going to be greedy and see if it will close the gap at $0.27 before I get a position
I 2nd this. That would complete a Model T off this run up. I'm setting an alert.
Mic Dropper
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

I am sure OA seminar will go into more details but this was a good 101 on covered calls

Sorry I must have missed the announcement, but where can we go to find information about OA's seminar?

Edit: nvm found it!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
wanderer said:

I thought I had a pretty decent cost basis on CIDM at .72. Just curious, are those who are net free selling greater than 50% of shares or you had a lower cost basis?

I went net free when it first bumped above $0.9 last week. I sold around 60% of my shares to do it.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
1)ARK releases daily trades... shows 400K plus buy of SKLZ.

2) Checks SKLZ

3) Up 4% AH and pushing $28.

Post removed:
by user
ProgN
Thanks
CharlieBrown17
AG
wanderer said:

.60 cost basis, sold above 50% to get net free
Colt98
AG
Cidm. Had 10k shares now have 4K. That's how I got net free. If I would have waited until ah today I would have 5k shares left net free. I like where I'm at on it though. I was a little late to the party to get started.
Brewmaster
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Jet Black said:

FUBO doing stuff AH
Its cause I sold today.
probably just a sympathy play to NFLX, I wouldn't sweat it. It may give you all another opportunity to jump in soon. (30 seems like solid support so far)
FJ43
ARL with more $TAK today

ARKG
01/19/2021
Buy
TAK
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD
597,000 (shares)
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Aggie118
AG
For those interested, here is the year chart for CTRM
Aggie118
AG
So is SNDL going to be the next CIDM?
0708aggie
AG
MBIO up to 4.84 AHs.
First Page Last Page
Page 2829 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.