Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,040,008 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by spud1910
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jbeck3487 said:

I want to delete my Twitter, but I still want to follow OA, Dan, and DuckSquad (along with other stock trading accounts). Does anyone else have the same issue and have a solution?

I like everything about Twitter as a functional platform but the bias and censorship is over the top for me.

Best I can say is that the most probable solution is just sucking it up. You're not going to see a mass migration towards parler or another similar site any time soon. Will take years to build me thinks.
Post removed:
by user
MaroonDynasty
Looking for the Twitter shorts to hit hard on Monday.
Madmarttigan
AG
If only OA set up a private discord server for the paying folks to get away from social media garbage
Formerly tv1113
lobwedgephil
tv1113 said:

If only OA set up a private discord server for the paying folks to get away from social media garbage
Discord is the same, removing pro Trump discord servers currently.
Spaceship
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

I hope it goes to $0 on Monday.
cptthunder
I just got a alert saying all of my gtc orders for spxs options were canceled due to corporate action
Does this mean a split of coming? Anyone else get this message?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
lobwedgephil said:

tv1113 said:

Seriously?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
AgShaun00
AG
FJ43 said:

0708aggie said:

Twitter, Apple, google are all playing with fire. Banning trump from social media and then removing Parler from the app stores

If finwit folks and this community switch to Parler I'm deleting my Twitter account. It's the ONLY reason I even have one. Never had one until about 6-8 months ago.
Me too. Too much to miss leaving Twitter. Discord could be way or slack

Just saw discord. SOB. This is stupid
lobwedgephil
Fightin_Aggie said:

lobwedgephil said:

tv1113 said:

Seriously?
https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/22221579/discord-bans-the-donald-server-reddit-subreddit
Fightin_Aggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

SOFI going public. Me likey.
I am in line for IPO shares on this one and will buy regardless of placement.
https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/07/sofi-nears-deal-to-go-public-in-merger-with-chamath-palihapitiyas-newest-spac/

Ticker IPOE? Is this the sofi spac?

How would you buy?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
frankm01
cptthunder said:

I just got a alert saying all of my gtc orders for spxs options were canceled due to corporate action
Yes, there was a 1 for 10 reverse split effective at close of market today on SPXS. There was a 1 for 20 on HIBS.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

$TDOC looks poised for a move to $250. Am I wrong?

I dig it, just picked up jan15 230/250 spreads for .7 each

30k, there's no telling how many beers i owe you. Closed out one of these at $6 today, hopefully she runs next week

Congratulations and well done! I bought shares and should have done options!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

BTFD
cptthunder
frankm01 said:

cptthunder said:

Yes, there was a 1 for 10 reverse split effective at close of market today on SPXS. There was a 1 for 20 on HIBS.

Figured that had to be it, my quick google search didn't show anything but the way it's been trending figured it was sooner then later
FJ43
third coast.. said:

Have you tried that search somewhere other than Google? Could be the algorithm suppressing the results.
Used Safari on my iPhone which defaults to a Google search so may very well be.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Morning all! It really hit me last night before shutting down. It's easy to get sucked into seeing only the trees and not the forest. Our discussion can and does apply to a lot more than stocks but as far as stocks and trading go....

All of this discussion surrounding social media, suppression, 'political' control or power, how and where I get my stock 'tips', etc. should only further heighten my awareness to the fact I need to know how to fish on my own. Not have someone select the fishing spot, bait the hook, hook the fish then hand the rod to me like I'm a 5 year old. All of the great people we get guidance from also challenge us to know what, why and how. They ask questions to see if we are learning.

I need to be the fisherman, not stop by the grocery store (Twitter in this case) to buy the fish someone else labored over. If another fisherman wants to share it with me I'm very thankful but it should first motivate me to learn not the $. My goal should be to gain knowledge, understanding and wisdom then pass that to someone first and foremost.

The American Dream. Anyone can succeed if they are willing to work at it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Madmarttigan
AG
lobwedgephil said:

tv1113 said:

That appears to be widespread through any social platform right now. Discord at least gives us the option to leave personal politics on the outside and just focus on the news and how it affects stocks. I don't have to get ads, suggestions, news stories, and other stuff pushed in my face like every other social media platform.

And yes I think Facebook/instagram/Twitter/tictok are detrimental to society as a whole, politics aside.
Formerly tv1113
Cartographer
Discord is in on the banning.

Texags is currently the best place for this thread and if another service created by OA or anyone else comes online it will need to be its own site hosted off of AWS.

In any case let's keep it rolling in here!
agdoc84
NM wrong board
Rice and Fries
ANOTHER Boeing 737 plane crash in Indonesia. Supposedly dropped 10,000ft in 60 seconds....

59 South
AG
NIO day earlier today. Announced partnership with NVDA:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/09/2155851/0/en/NIO-Partners-with-NVIDIA-to-Develop-a-New-Generation-of-Automated-Driving-Electric-Vehicles.html

Also officially announced new ET7 Sedan and 150-kWh 1000 km battery:

https://wccftech.com/nio-day-2020-goes-live-et7-sedan-150-kwh-solid-state-battery-nio-autonomous-driving-and-new-battery-swap-stations-revealed/
Cartographer
Looks like this was not a MAX but an older craft.

Still will not be good for BA might look at where it stops moving down on this current leg for a multi day bounce.
FrioAg 00
AG
They know that with control of both houses and potus, there is zero risk of legislative or regulatory blowback for de-platforming all conservative or even balanced media voices.

They permanently cancelled Trump while a sitting president in order to send a message. They also sent or leaked warning shots to Rush, to Fox and Oan, to Parler and probably several others.

If you were wondering how radical they were willing to be once the senate fell, you got a glimpse of your answer yesterday.
McInnis 03
AG
Goodbye nio shares.

Hello nvda 600c value
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Goodbye nio shares.

Hello nvda 600c value
I'm curious how both stocks take this news. I'd think it is positive for both, but maybe it could be sell the news on NIO. Who knows though. NVDA could gap open at 600 and NIO at 65-70 for all I know.

One thing is for darn sure though... if NIO is what they say they are, they are winning the EV technology arms race. They're also really angling at the full NIO lifestyle stuff in an Apple kind of way for the Chinese, and they're expanding to Europe this year it sounds like.
FrioAg 00
AG
By the way, the head of Biden's transition team (Jeff Zients) was a board member of Facebook until this summer when he preemptively dropped off.

Same guy now also in charge of Biden's virus task force.

My point is everything you're seeing has been planned out. This is absolute war and one side won a huge victory in Georgia they plan to capitalize on.

I don't know what to do as an investor, but I think we have to be incredibly honest about the circumstances behind the market right now. My hypothesis is that pricing will do well because inflation is about to go up a lot. Buying real assets or staying out of the market might get you slaughtered.
McInnis 03
AG
If nio was here I'd look at one. And I won't look at Tesla lol
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

By the way, the head of Biden's transition team (Jeff Zients) was a board member of Facebook until this summer when he preemptively dropped off.

My point is everything you're seeing has been planned out. This is absolute war and one side won a huge victory in Georgia they plan to capitalize on.

I don't know what to do as an investor, but I think we have to be incredibly honest about the circumstances behind the market right now. My hypothesis is that pricing will do well because inflation is about to go up a lot. Buying real assets or staying out of the market might get you slaughtered.

BTC $41k

Chamath is gonna buy the Hamptons and Goldman Sachs he says lol

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

Mvis pumped hard into the close, wonder if things are happening

Definitely seems like things are happening!

Can i solicit some advice on how to maximize value?
So i bought some $3 feb mvis calls back in November when my expiring $2 calls suddenly went itm. I have trimmed some but still have a few. Those are now solidly itm and losing premium. Was thinking i might sell $8 or 9 February calls against them to capture premium and turn them into spreads. Or does it make more sense to just sell them? Or roll to otm strikes for credit? Or exercise?
I've always treated this as a buyout play so i hate to limit upside in case it actually happens...
backintexas2013
AG
Keeps bumping just above then falls back. Wondering if it can break through one time.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Rice and Fries said:

ANOTHER Boeing 737 plane crash in Indonesia. Supposedly dropped 10,000ft in 60 seconds....

That combined with reports it took off "amid heavy rain" per the article I read says wind shear/micro burst to me.

10,000 feet in a minute isn't something a plane does unless you push the nose straight down.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
McInnis 03 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

BTC $41k

Chamath is gonna buy the Hamptons and Goldman Sachs he says lol

Chamath is a Marxist clown.
bmks270
AG
59 South said:

McInnis 03 said:

Goodbye nio shares.

Hello nvda 600c value
I'm curious how both stocks take this news. I'd think it is positive for both, but maybe it could be sell the news on NIO. Who knows though. NVDA could gap open at 600 and NIO at 65-70 for all I know.

One thing is for darn sure though... if NIO is what they say they are, they are winning the EV technology arms race. They're also really angling at the full NIO lifestyle stuff in an Apple kind of way for the Chinese, and they're expanding to Europe this year it sounds like.

And if they are Chinese they have the Commies backing them. China will make sure their horse wins the race.
bmks270
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Rice and Fries said:

That combined with reports it took off "amid heavy rain" per the article I read says wind shear/micro burst to me.

10,000 feet in a minute isn't something a plane does unless you push the nose straight down.

Flight aware last two data points say
2:39 - 10,800 ft
2:40 - 7,000 ft

That looks like a total free fall and probably occurred in 20 seconds. So like 9-10k ft/minute.

It must have completely lost lift. Was it flying through bad weather?
First Page Last Page
Page 2727 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.