Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,898 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by spud1910
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tsuag10 said:

So this happened today on RH....

I had 2 SPY 270/275/280 butterfly spreads expiring today.

I should have sold/closed them around 1:30 today, but I didn't. And then I get this notification message:

They broke my butterflies and sold part of them which (for now) cost me $930.

So then I'm sitting with 2 - 270/275 call spreads. And now I'm seeing this:

I'm hoping their system is going figure this out without screwing up anything else.

I think I will come out + $70 if it works out like it should.
it closed you out +$1000 on the calls 2 x 100 x $5
cottonpicker
AG
I was not able to check my computer today. Did any of y'all have trouble with tdamertrade in regard to IPOC going to CLOV? It moved my shares but seemed to let my calls stranded.
tsuag10
AG
Yes.

My issue is that it broke me out of the butterflies about an hour early, left me hanging with a cash deficit in my account and wouldn't let me sell/close the remaining 270/275 spreads.

I've held flys before that I've been able to wait until 2:30 or 2:45 and then close them out.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
tsuag10 said:

Yes.

My issue is that it broke me out of the butterflies about an hour early, left me hanging with a cash deficit in my account and wouldn't let me sell/close the remaining 270/275 spreads.

I've held flys before that I've been able to wait until 2:30 or 2:45 and then close them out.
Hasn't robinhood had some notoriety about multi-leg strategies recently? I think I read something about this in the Summer.
tsuag10
AG
Possibly.

This is the first issue I've had with them, so thought it would be good to share with the group and see if there are others with similar experiences.
ProgN
1) Tell RH you should get to buy some of their shares pre-IPO
2) Don't use RH.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

1)
2) Don't use RH.

Fixed it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bulldog73
AG
Another area I fail. I'm sure there's a million reasons why, but I'm not even savvy enough to know why not.
tsuag10
AG
Same. I've got a small account and I have loved RH's UI so far. It's usually so damn easy. It's hard for me to switch.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Let's start with the fact that they close out your positions on your behalf a couple to several hours before they expire? Then let's address the well known fact that they run your orders through market makers and get you crummy/missed fills? Every service costs the same these days, rh dumbs it down a little more than the others, at your expense. Td's app is surprisingly easy to use (i don't even use tos, just the regular mobile app), so yourself a favor and switch
FJ43
Bulldog73 said:

Another area I fail. I'm sure there's a million reasons why, but I'm not even savvy enough to know why not.
Totally just kidding! I have never used it and hear of many who do so I am sure its fine and a good platform. Seems like a pretty diverse group on here in terms of what we all use from RH, Fidelity, TDA/Thinkorswim (TOS), IBKR, etc. All have their pros and cons I am sure. I use both TOS and IBKR and probably wouldn't even have IBKTR but TDA/TOS is limited to trading on most all things until 7AM EST. Wish it was a combination of each since I finally got used to TOS.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
NRD09 said:

Let's start with the fact that they close out your positions on your behalf a couple to several hours before they expire? Then let's address the well known fact that they run your orders through market makers and get you crummy/missed fills? Every service costs the same these days, rh dumbs it down a little more than the others, at your expense. Td's app is surprisingly easy to use (i don't even use tos, just the regular mobile app), so yourself a favor and switch
I really like the TDA app. Simple, straight forward and no nonsense but get you all the info you want.

tsuag10
AG
I'll definitely have to look into it.
Ragoo
AG
tsuag10 said:

Yes.

it closed your short call because it has the most risk
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I find it easier to close out spreads on the app than on desktop. Very intuitive
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

$TDOC looks poised for a move to $250. Am I wrong?

I dig it, just picked up jan15 230/250 spreads for .7 each

30k, there's no telling how many beers i owe you. Closed out one of these at $6 today, hopefully she runs next week
FJ43
NRD09 said:

I find it easier to close out spreads on the app than on desktop. Very intuitive
TDA & TOS (although same but separate) do have some great technology. Also I find their customer service friendly and helpful as well as their Tech support. Overall I have enjoyed the simplicity which they try and provide for you at every turn. I really like the TDA 'family' and TOS platform.

IBKR I have been really impressed with their platform in terms of what it can do. I can see if you are a full time trader how the tools can be really beneficial but I am no where close to understanding it all. I might be a 2 on a 10 scale. Adaptive orders that you can choose to be quick, patient or slow, hidden/refreshing, customized reporting over any period to mix you pretty much want, completely flexible Mosaic dashboards (basically no limits), specifically how much RAM you want dedicated to the platform on your PC, etc., etc.

And...then there is that being able to trade/ fill at 4AM EST. Was the only reason I switched when I lost on a net free fill that was $7k in cash flow that still hasn't circled back.

docaggie
AG
I use TDA instead of IBKR, simply because the first is not firewalled at work but the second is. I close a majority of my open options on the app, so not having access is huge.

And RH... it's well documented that it's a real handicap behind the scenes if you're doing things with options. Which is a shame, because I liked their interface a lot.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FJ43
Was telling my wife how much I still have to learn on this platform and her response was...."Are you still a nubbin buck." Shut it down after that for the night.

If you hunt you know she just called me the youngest of bucks that isn't even old enough for horns (antlers technically) to break the skin.

I still love her.

ProgN
I bet futures will be down big Monday with all the crap happening tonight
jwhitlock3
Whats happening tonight??
0708aggie
AG
Twitter, Apple, google are all playing with fire. Banning trump from social media and then removing Parler from the app stores
ProgN
jwhitlock3 said:

Twitter, YouTube, google are banning Trump and deplatforming other conservatives. Go read some threads on F16, you'll see. TWTR down 4% right now AH.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Twitter, Apple, google are all playing with fire. Banning trump from social media and then removing Parler from the app stores

If finwit folks and this community switch to Parler I'm deleting my Twitter account. It's the ONLY reason I even have one. Never had one until about 6-8 months ago.

Cartographer
Same
0708aggie
AG
Good luck switching when it's gone.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Reading now Parler is overloaded with people adding and slowing it down. Crashing it sort of. Some whale will step in a pit some money and resources behind that thing.

gig em 02
jwhitlock3 said:

Fascists doing fascist things.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
gig em 02 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Fascists doing fascist things.

Yep, people who claim they are anti-fascist, are projecting.... the real destroyers of democracy (we are actually a republic) are the ones screaming from the rooftops about that very thing.

khaos288
zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

0708aggie said:

Reading now Parler is overloaded with people adding and slowing it down. Crashing it sort of. Some whale will step in a pit some money and resources behind that thing.

The issue will still be that people can't access it from their phones via an app. I know.... when has that stopped all the posters on Texags... But how quickly you can tweet something is VERY effective in the stock market game we play
FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

FJ43 said:

0708aggie said:

The issue will still be that people can't access it from their phones via an app. I know.... when has that stopped all the posters on Texags... But how quickly you can tweet something is VERY effective in the stock market game we play

I get the ease of Twitter and speed to reach volumes of people. Blessing and a curse.

Funny when you search for top alternatives to Twitter, Parler isn't even in the top 10.

jbeck3487
AG
I want to delete my Twitter, but I still want to follow OA, Dan, and DuckSquad (along with other stock trading accounts). Does anyone else have the same issue and have a solution?

I like everything about Twitter as a functional platform but the bias and censorship is over the top for me.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 2726 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.