Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,217 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Philip J Fry said:

Bitcoin hitting 28K again. Mara better take off tomorrow.

**** you MARA.
what is your basis? Mara could go back to $5 and it still be a double+ for me. Plus I would get to sell more covered calls.
gougler08
AG
CHEK is another small cap that's been increasing in volume steadily the last few weeks, big volume today
McKinney Ag69
AG
gougler08 said:

CHEK is another small cap that's been increasing in volume steadily the last few weeks, big volume today

I'd be curious to know OA's analysis on this one.
wmitchell
AG
bought my first options today outside of covered calls. limped in since this is an experiment - GILD Jan 60C. Let's see what happens. Either way - appreciate all the learnings from people here.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
wmitchell said:

bought my first options today outside of covered calls. limped in since this is an experiment - GILD Jan 60C. Let's see what happens. Either way - appreciate all the learnings from people here.

Welcome to the GILD show! Hoping for a 5 bagger from here.
Bird Poo
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

wmitchell said:

For your sake I sure hope so. Sounds like you have a ton of exposure in this one. Good Luck!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Did the folks on Carter's list get any good DD targets? Looking for bottom feeding opportunities tomorrow.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

XL is now in the $22's for anyone seeking it.
Curious if this slides down to the $21 and below range. I have an alert set if it falls below $21. Still seems to be sliding a bit to me but if it does then gets support where the first big volume entered I would like a few shares of it.

Did you get in day one?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mostly Foggy Recollection
PearlJammin said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

wmitchell said:

For your sake I sure hope so. Sounds like you have a ton of exposure in this one. Good Luck!

I do, but I also trade this one 48 times a day so I've made plenty of money.

I may buy some Feb 55 puts just in case it breaks hard below 52 week lows and tries to go fill that 28 level
FJ43
$MP

Do we have a little RDR going on here? May be an options play.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

$VLDR

Same....RDR. Will look at this one as well.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
purely technically speaking: MP did not close above the high of the low bar. If it opens up tomorrow, probably a safe entry, but watch the close.

On VLDR, do you see the wedge there? It needs a strong push above the wedge for a breakout.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Curious if this slides down to the $21 and below range. I have an alert set if it falls below $21. Still seems to be sliding a bit to me but if it does then gets support where the first big volume entered I would like a few shares of it.

Did you get in day one?
I want to own more of these shares and I bought too early, clearly at $24.80 range when I thought it was starting to reverse. It will put up fierce resistance at $19.50
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

purely technically speaking: MP did not close above the high of the low bar. If it opens up tomorrow, probably a safe entry, but watch the close.

On VLDR, do you see the wedge there? It needs a strong push above the wedge for a breakout.
Thanks for the feedback always appreciated. Like getting it as it helps me make sure I am not seeing through glasses at times I want to. Did notice on MP the CAHOLD short fall. Oh so close. Have it back on my watch to see how it opens. If it opens strong think I will play the option path.

Same with VLDR having a reversal but on lower volume. It did CAHOLD but would love to see it push at open and seems to be slow climb AH today.

Keeping eyes out for plays and these two came up on my scan setting this evening. Lots of others but ruled most out pretty quick.

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Did you get in day one?
I want to own more of these shares and I bought too early, clearly at $24.80 range when I thought it was starting to reverse. It will put up fierce resistance at $19.50
I haven't got in early on these and have always wanted to. I have $21 and again at $18.89 as key points if my charting is correct. Really want in so hoping it tests that actually at $21 and confirms support. Maybe $22.50 ish s the line but I guess tomorrow will tell possibly.

McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

$VLDR

Watch vldr tomorrow. JAN 25s could pay
McInnis 03
AG
BIDU still ripping AH
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

$VLDR

Watch vldr tomorrow. JAN 25s could pay
$700k premium between two buys on the Feb 25c today between $4 & $4.09

Spaceship
AG
Does anyone own Bitcoin or ETH in a self-directed IRA and if so, with whom? Based on what I'm finding, there are self-directed IRA groups that allow you to own cryptocurrencies, but at hefty fees.

Backstory: my wife has an old 401k earning modest gains, and I would like to roll it over into BTC and ETH for 20 years and "forget about it". But, it may be too cost prohibitive depending on what options are out there.
Rice and Fries
Spaceship said:

Does anyone own Bitcoin or ETH in a self-directed IRA and if so, with whom? Based on what I'm finding, there are self-directed IRA groups that allow you to own cryptocurrencies, but at hefty fees.

Backstory: my wife has an old 401k earning modest gains, and I would like to roll it over into BTC and ETH for 20 years and "forget about it". But, it may be too cost prohibitive depending on what options are out there.

Just buy crypto ETFs. Much easier and less messy. Grayscale has some. They trade at a premium though, recently calculated it at like BTC+13%. I bought in at 20% so it's good relative.
AgsnFly
AG
I bleed maroon said:

OK - back to risky, stupid trading ideas!

I've been doing some surface-level cryptocurrency research, and I'd really like to be able to take advantage of overexuberance or upside. The alternatives I've found are underwhelming.

GBTC and ETHE from Grayscale are a couple vehicles that seem to work at first glance. They kind of crack me up, though. They recently bragged about lowering their management fees from 3% to 2.5%. Thanks, but no thanks. I haven't found any ETFs that are low cost, and cover the waterfront of competing bitcoin/crypto currencies. Also, you can't buy options on Grayscale's funds, so that kind of leaves me without a way to try out my strategies (likely a put/call strangle for dramatic moves either direction). I'm definitely not wanting to buy actual currency off-market, so Coinbase and others aren't an option for me.

Any ideas?

This may not be for everyone but I have been trading the /BTC for a while (thankfully only from the long side over the past two months) and have seen great returns using a basic pyramiding of my position size. If interested, the CME contract is 5 bitcoins with $5 tick size with initial margin of about 50% of notional and maintenance margins of around 50% of that, depending on the broker.
Since you are looking for leverage on the cryptocurrency, I wanted to mention the opportunity here. Also, Grayscale's GBTC was trading at a near 30% premium to the NAV the last time I checked, but the arbitrage looks difficult to execute given the borrower requirements/availability.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Did you get in day one?
I was in PIC around $15, wish I had bought more then! I probably bought back in a bit early, will watch it closely.
McInnis 03
AG
The premium on GBTC is due to its ease and accessibility. I grabbed some at $23. I'll hold it until BTC is $400k
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Did you get in day one?
I was in PIC around $15, wish I had bought more then! I probably bought back in a bit early, will watch it closely.
Think I'll take a starter position on this one on any support tomorrow. Heck maybe I'll get lucky on some flash down on the open and a Model T intraday reversal. Risk is a couple dollars a share so will get an entry then add to it appropriately. I'm not FOMO on it but geez I've missed out on some good ones.

AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The premium on GBTC is due to its ease and accessibility. I grabbed some at $23. I'll hold it until BTC is $400k

I'm thinking about selling losers SNSS and NBRV tomorrow and rolling into GBTC.
Rice and Fries
AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm thinking about selling losers SNSS and NBRV tomorrow and rolling into GBTC.

Join us friend. Water is plenty warm.

Although maybe don't go full boat, if we do see a pullback in the broad market I'm sure BTC and GBTC will not be spared. But definitely don't want to miss out on any upside by waiting for inevitable dip.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
IQST made a good move today but if you are willing to sit on it a while, and accumulate I think it has potential.
TxAG#2011
Nm

Rice and Fries
BTC hit over $29K.
FJ43

$FUTU

Will be watching this at the open for options play. Notice volume and arrow/candle is premarket activity.

Barty Dont Hedge
CIDM please MOVE!!!
Cartographer
FUBO at 31.07
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What is the intrigue with FUBO or what is the price target?
Cartographer
Not sure. I just know people were watching it for entry at or around the 30 area.

I think the idea could be good long term but this might not be the company that gets it right.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

What is the intrigue with FUBO or what is the price target?
streaming tv content provider. I go Stelly would not have known about it outside of this thread, not sure what their marketing strategy is. And at $65/month seems high.
First Page Last Page
Page 2661 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.