Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,951 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Substitute gin for the vodka and I'm in.
WoMD
Bob Knights Liver said:

For those of you in FEAC help me understand the shareholder offer. I don't have much experience with these spacs post merger. Why is the offer for so much less than the current share price? Due to that why would anyone choose to exercise the offer rather than simply selling the shares now? What happens to shares that don't exercise the offer? Do they tend to drop down towards the offer price?

Also other that internet search, speaking alpha, or stock twits where would I look to try to gain information about this to help make a more informed decision?

I have the same question. Can anyone offer clarification?
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

Didn't load

Evidently the TexAgs algo filters an innocent pic of my hand and a pint of Guinness but not trolls. Never trust algos!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
fooz
59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

Didn't load

Evidently the TexAgs algo filters an innocent pic of my hand and a pint of Guinness but not trolls. Never trust algos!
The TexAgs pic upload is pretty janky. Just use https://imgur.com/
ProgN
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

ill be adding to my $swbi bag and if I can find any, some ammo. the protests probably arent over yet, this was France a few hours ago, apparently.

Added more to swbi this week. No reason to stop.
Cen-Tex
AG
What's up (down) with NIO the past week?
59 South
AG
Cen-Tex said:

What's up (down) with NIO the past week?

Shaking out some weak hands before run to 100 by next summer maybe?
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
BobFriend13
AG
So we learned how to identify a model T this week but can someone please tell me what this indicator tells me?
cptthunder
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Pretty sure half of that volume could just be the options flying off the shelf on SNDL the last two weeks haha
GigEmRangers75455
Any news on the MBIO presentation?
FJ43
BobFriend13 said:

So we learned how to identify a model T this week but can someone please tell me what this indicator tells me?

Use it as one of several possible indicators/strategies for an entry point or spot to buy. It's one of the easier to recognize so when you see a stock have some degree of sudden fall watch for a confirmation of the bounce back up. 30k posted a few pages back an image of a bullish candle reversing the direction. Once confirmed there is a high degree of mathematical probability you can trade that stock back up to a point. Maybe it crosses the half way point back up continuing back to the previous high point or maybe just to the half way point. Either way that's an entry.

The same applies if a sudden rise. Often they will retrace back the other way at least temporarily (pull back).

This works on any time frame from 1 minute to hours, days, weeks or months. That's the beauty of this indicator.

Does that help?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
4 years on this thread. Exactly how many years of consistently beating the fund managers does it take to not be gambling or dumb luck.

Sorry, in the face of reality that take wins 2020's cognitive dissonance award.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

4 years on this thread. Exactly how many years of consistently beating the fund managers does it take to not be gambling or dumb luck.

I was going to say the exact same thing. At a certain point the data speaks for itself.
ProgN
Exactly

Also, I took my son to a birthday party today. The father of the bday boy works for CYBR and he said that their new subscription service has really taken off and the mood inside the company is that the stock doubles next year. Just passing that along but let us know what you hear or see please.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I was going to say the exact same thing. At a certain point the data speaks for itself.

Exactly.

This isn't WSB or Floyd Mayweather only bragging about the massive wins and not discussing all the misses.

Every trade is announced at entry, pretty easy to track the success rate. And, in general, the win rate is huge.

If it's all voodoo, then there are some real sorcerers in this group.
MOCO9
AG
I have to say I've found this thread incredibly helpful. Just from trading some of the stocks suggested on this thread I'm up 54% on the year in my "play" investment account. Thanks to all who contribute their insights.
MRB10
AG
This thread is the reason I got into ROKU at $76 and DIS at $92. Nuff said.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
spud1910
AG
NTXAg10 said:

This thread is the reason I got into ROKU at $76 and DIS at $92. Nuff said.
And the reason I got in Roku at $80, NIO at $7, AAPL at $148(presplit), SQ at $69, and JD at $33.50. There is a wealth of knowledge here, and collectively we can watch so much more than a single person can follow.
OutlawAG04
MBIO Update. Only thing I have really seen online

ASH information on MB-106:
Good safety: no neurotoxicity syndrome, one low-grade cytokines release syndrome (grade 1 is ok), DL3 I assumed is the third dose. Promising efficacy: Overall response rate 89%, complete response rate 44%
Brewmaster
AG
ehrmantraut said:

4 parts zing zang
1 parts Tito's
Few dashes of Tabasco
Little pickled okra juice
Squeeze of lime
Peppered bacon slice
Serrano pepper uncut (slice if you like it really spicy)
+ whatever the hell else you want
Yes sir! peppered bacon slice?? brilliant!

with the stonk talk, it is obvious when someone doubts $ made here when they say something like, "it is impossible to pick winners all the time based on researching companies" -- It has a lot less to do with that and a LOT more to do with the technical side. I've made money on tickers I had zero intention of holding, but the setups from a technical standpoint were fantastic. Think AMD in a long darvas box or right now MBIO peaking out of a long box consolidation.
I'm still learning, need to get better at holding winners and cutting losers shorter, but this thread and all of you have been amazing!
HoustonAg2014
AG
ProgN
Test

ETA:

Whew, I went Neo in the Matrix to dodge that bus to banned camp.

Morning family.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WoMD said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

For those of you in FEAC help me understand the shareholder offer. I don't have much experience with these spacs post merger. Why is the offer for so much less than the current share price? Due to that why would anyone choose to exercise the offer rather than simply selling the shares now? What happens to shares that don't exercise the offer? Do they tend to drop down towards the offer price?

Also other that internet search, speaking alpha, or stock twits where would I look to try to gain information about this to help make a more informed decision?

I have the same question. Can anyone offer clarification?

I think the offer is simply the downside protection for any investors that did not agree the merger is a positive and that it is set at the initial price as part of the by-laws and not an indication on merger price? If that is correct then the risk is that this will be a sell the news event and decrease after the merger is completed versus the obvious upside of post merger growth. I do not have much feel for this process, though.
Mr President Elect
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Thanks a lot for this thread.

Started a $14k "play account" in mid-march. This thread has helped me turn it into $51k atm. Actually had it to $75k in June but it took a sharp loss with the re-test. Also again similar in September right when I got the stomach to start making moves in it again. Back in and following the thread, trying to add a few more lower risks moves to the account as well this time though.
cisgenderedAggie
Mr President Elect said:

oldarmy1 said:

Thanks a lot for this thread.

Started a $14k "play account" in mid-march. This thread has helped me turn it into $51k atm. Actually had it to $75k in June but it took a sharp loss with the re-test. Also again similar in September right when I got the stomach to start making moves in it again. Back in and following the thread, trying to add a few more lower risks moves to the account as well this time though.

Dat tax bill...
Thundergon
Some setups I like both short-term and long-term after looking at some charts this weekend. Disclaimer: I know nothing about the fundamentals of these companies, only looking at the technicals.

Short-Term:
TSLA - Huge pivot at 600 then at ATH of 608. Has room to 640.
ROKU - 300 magnet. See if I can catch this on 5 SMA remount.
AMD - 100 magnet. Tons of call buying last week. I will add if it pulls back to 5 SMA.
NVDA - Whenever this thing wants to wake up. Like above 550.
EXPE - Above 130 has room to about 134. Goal post volume on daily chart. Been consolidating nicely since spike. Looking for breakout of ascending triangle on daily.
COST - Bounce play. Holding a strong trend line on daily chart. Bounced off the trend line and 50 EMA nicely and at bottom of 1.5 ATR. Looking to ride to 380.

Long-Term:
DLTR - Love this setup. Goal post volume on daily chart and consolidating nicely (Look at last 6 months). Weekly squeeze just fired off and near ATH. Daily in an ascending triangle pattern. I'm looking at March 2021 calls.
STT - Holding a strong uptrend trend line. Monthly squeeze setting up, just fired off weekly squeeze. Broke out from a key level ($72).
BAC - same as STT. Holding strong uptrend trend line on daily. Weekly squeeze fired off. Broke key level of $29.
V - Weekly squeeze just fired long, monthly squeeze setting up. Near ATH. Daily chart in an ascending triangle about to break. Strong uptrend on monthly. Looking at March 2021 calls as well.
GS - Similar to above. Strong uptrend on daily. Weekly squeeze just fired and monthly squeeze setting up. Looks like it's wanting to head back to ATH.
UAL - Fired off a weekly squeeze. Broke through key weekly level at $49. Think it's heading towards $76. Only caution for UAL and CCL is covid/stimulus.
CCL - Lots of volume coming in recently. Uptrend on daily. Weekly squeze just fired off. Needs to break key weekly level of $25 and it's off.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$MBIO news. Key opinion leader call on MB-106 lymphoma treatment on 12/9 at 1:00 EST.

https://apple.news/AeWF6at9KTh6NLKVFJl332Q

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Thunder has some really solid ideas. I am already in AMD and NVDA from his list. I really like Visa also. I will personally probably choose AAL for my airline stock or JETS. I think there is the possibility of some downside pressure sometime in the next two weeks. I can't predict, but I think it's coming. Volume has been decreasing while we have been making new ATH. We're pretty far apart from the 8/21/55/89/100/200 periods. We're one stimulus optimism or vaccine headline away from an even higher push, but the same is also true for downside. Just watch yourselves and position size correctly. That doesn't mean we get a flush to 3400, but I think 3600 or 3550 is easily in the cards.

$TSLA - not trading. It is at +3 ATR on the weekly and the daily. Feels like squeeze has gotten tired a little bit. I may miss out on upside, but I do not consider this high enough probability to trade

$AMZN - I am in this in three ways, put credit spreads, Dec monthlies, and Jan monthlies. Daily squeeze is beginning to fire long and AMZN routinely declines towards the end of the week. It is still in that weekly squeeze, and it is becoming very compressed - scope out the Bollinger Bands on it. I suppose it is possible for this to release pressure to the downside. We'll see

$PYPL - I like how this looks. I'm in Dec monthlies and will get into Feb/March. Weekly squeeze and what I will be looking for is bullish consolidation around $215.

$V - Really solid weekly squeeze and also a weekly squeeze with good bullish consolidation. Like Thunder pointed out. I would go longer dated on these. One important thing, to quote our good friend 59, "mind the gap". That may need to be filled before we can go way up. I want to get in around 204 if the opportunity presents itself, definitely under 210. If you get in early, do not be surprised if it dips into this range. Perfect entry probably at 201. If we go that low, I will sell a lot of 205 puts.

$TOL - this was on stock dweebs list. I think this looks pretty good. The question for me is will it show relative strength or is it just tracking the market? Volume not remarkable, but I like that it's consolidating near all time highs and think this could hit 50 pretty easily. Over 50 I think this could really run.

FJ43
Thanks Thunder and 30k for the leads, write ups and charts.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TxAggie-12
AG
I wanted to share my experience using a strategy mentioned in this thread that helped mitigate my mistake of buying options with low liquidity.

ARCO:

• I posted a chart last week that, IMO, had a bullish setup
  • Last week the stock was trading around $4.85-$5.00, Dec $5 calls were trading for $0.15-$0.20
  • I took a small position in the $5 ATM calls that I considered more of a lotto play since the stock was still trading below heavy resistance and it had not broken out yet, avg entry of ~$0.17
  • I had a sell order at $0.35 for 50% of my contracts to go net free
  • Stock broke above $5 resistance area up to $5.40, but my sell order never filled since the liquidity was so low.

Here was my plan that I learned from this thread:
  • Since my option order did not fill, I moved to Plan B which was shorting 50% of my shares against the ITM calls, avg sales price of $5.35, accomplished a net free position using this method
  • Instead of exercising 50% of my contracts and exiting my short shares I decided to hold them until at least next week in case this breakout fails and the price heads back down to $4.65 support area. This allows me to have $0 at risk and make a profit if the stock is above or below $5 by expiration. If it fails back to $4.65 support area next week then I can buy my short shares back, lock in 100% ROI on my $0.17 entry price, and continue holding 100% of the contracts to see if another breakout attempt looks likely before expiration the following week.

There are probably a handful of things I did wrong with entering this trade to begin with, but I was able to accomplish a net free position anyways. I always take small positions in my own setups until I get more experience reading charts.

The more experienced traders on here probably short shares against ITM calls very often, but I wanted to share my first-hand experience using this strategy since I first remember reading about it from OA.

This thread delivers, not only in $$, but also in teaching helpful strategies. Appreciate everyone's contributions.

backintexas2013
AG
Bitcoin moving up. Guessing MARA will rebound tomorrow.
jwhitlock3
RIOT was down 9% afterhours to $9.11 which is the bottom of this ascending channel. Might be a good place to either sell puts or play a weekly or 12/18 call, although I personally don't play weekly's. You can sell the 12/18 $8.5P for .88, so either 10%+ return in 12 days, or shares at 7.62 which I think would be good value (something to run the wheel with). 100 day is at $7.21. I think those puts might open up higher than .88 before it rebounds but we can watch it in the morning and see what it does premarket.

Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

ehrmantraut said:

4 parts zing zang
1 parts Tito's
Few dashes of Tabasco
Little pickled okra juice
Squeeze of lime
Peppered bacon slice
Serrano pepper uncut (slice if you like it really spicy)
+ whatever the hell else you want
Yes sir! peppered bacon slice?? brilliant!

with the stonk talk, it is obvious when someone doubts $ made here when they say something like, "it is impossible to pick winners all the time based on researching companies" -- It has a lot less to do with that and a LOT more to do with the technical side. I've made money on tickers I had zero intention of holding, but the setups from a technical standpoint were fantastic. Think AMD in a long darvas box or right now MBIO peaking out of a long box consolidation.
I'm still learning, need to get better at holding winners and cutting losers shorter, but this thread and all of you have been amazing!
and some of that came out wrong, AMD is a great company and I'm long a ton of MBIO! buy and hold forever type.
backintexas2013
AG
Futures turned red. I have a **** two weeks at work so won't be able to do much. Here is what I am going to look at.

WWR drops below $6 I am jumping in. Also loved the one idea about selling $5.00 puts. Sorry don't remember who that was.

MARA going to watch it close. I have some Dec 18 $6c that I sold so I might get called out. If so I will rebuy on the dip. If it dips this week I might buy back the ccs. Bitcoin has popped back over $19,000.

SNDL. Any movement up I am going to sell cc's. Currently the Jan 22 $1.50c are at $.20. If I can get $.25 on a pop I will do that. I am in at $.56 share price. I would gladly bring that down and would love for it to run to $1.50.
First Page Last Page
Page 2554 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.