Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,936 Views | 231658 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by sts7049
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Engine10 said:

Rumors on stim pkg approval...
MY SPX 3490 CALL LOTTO IS OFF THE CHAIN

I'm in $350s for next week LFGGGGGG
KT 90
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

chrisfield said:

Markets open Monday. Not a market holiday.

Closed per Schwab.

Columbus Day Schedule

Monday, October 12, 2020
  • This is a federal/bank holiday in observance of Columbus Day.
  • U.S. equity, options, and futures markets will be open but it's a non-settlement day, settlement dates are listed below.
  • All fixed income and bond markets will be closed.
  • Requests to move money (MoneyLink, wire transfer, check request, and IRA distributions) received after the standard cut-off times on Friday, October 9, 2020, will not be processed until Tuesday, October 13, 2020.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
chrisfield said:

This is what I was looking at:

https://www.nyse.com/markets/hours-calendars

The notification on Schwab is kinda hard to interpret. I'm not sure what they mean by "non-settlement date".
Brewmaster
AG
Ranger222 said:

PYPL ready to freaking launch....I bought 200C expiring today earlier in the week but those failed....some next week 200C being bought today, but I also kinda like 10/30 210C for more time. Not sure which ones to go after
good find, when it hits 197 that looks like game on. I went with the 210 10/30 exp. Cheers!
E
AG
I thought with all the extra PC stuff this year we weren't allowed to celebrate Columbus Day...
FJ43
E said:

I thought with all the extra PC stuff this year we weren't allowed to celebrate Columbus Day...
Well....only in certain areas of the country.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
E said:

It's called Indian day or something now
FJ43
MBIO is back to being my friend again.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
J.P. 03
AG
If there really is a stimulus deal, this would be a good time to buy the mini-dip on RKT, right?
Engine10
AG
AMZN gonna blow the top off this thing. Potential Stim approval + earnings in two weeks
Touchless
AG
I'm still learning on reading the charts, but AAPL looks like it could be close to breaking. If it get can past $116.5, It should run up to $118. Push through that and has some real room to run.
McInnis 03
AG
Y'all keep saying "stim" and I keep looking at my $STIM and it's not reacting.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
62strat
AG
McInnis 03 said:

62strat said:

McInnis 03 said:

Rice and Fries said:

McInnis 03 said:

$6c jan SPXS is dirt cheap right now.

I know. I hurt from holding this and the 8s.
It's supposed to hurt, that's why it's a hedge. If it's banging, the rest of your **** probably is dying.
So is the consensus to just hang on to these? Or bail?
These are the chaos play. You expect them to go to zero, this means chaos was prevented. If we do indeed invite, set at the table with, and then have a multi night stand with chaos, you can rest assured that these will get significant value and then you sell them and hide in your closet with the guns and gold bars.
I guess may not a crazy idea then to buy a few more and lower cost basis? Up to an amount you're willing to lose of course.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

you may be nearing max value
You lost me?
the point at which the market decides 190 may not be in the cards by Dec and your max realistic profit starts to decline.
McInnis 03
AG
Trump offering $1.8T to Nancy. I think she balks, so I sold my little 3490C for a 5x turn.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
ha, I figured that's what you meant but I also figured for you to make that decision turn in the span of 30 minutes in October was a bit extreme.

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
Touchless said:

I'm still learning on reading the charts, but AAPL looks like it could be close to breaking. If it get can past $116.5, It should run up to $118. Push through that and has some real room to run.
Yes bingo. You're onto something. This will also push markets higher, think 3500 SPX.

I'm also thinking pull back soon, as retail is going ****oo chasing and loading calls today. I will definitely hedge some over weekend.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm out of all options (chewy and BA). Hit my target for the week. And I don't trust pelosi to agree to anything.
Ranger222
AG
Earnings....although I'm seeing earnings as 10/28 for PYPL so not sure why its not reflected in the 10/30. IV is 47% for the 11/6 vs 35% for the 10/30...maybe elections?
topher06
Stimulus goes through an PYPL will rocket. Sometimes it is better to be lucky AND good - Ranger apparently has both of those down.
AgEng06
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ranger222 said:

PYPL ready to freaking launch....I bought 200C expiring today earlier in the week but those failed....some next week 200C being bought today, but I also kinda like 10/30 210C for more time. Not sure which ones to go after
good find, when it hits 197 that looks like game on. I went with the 210 10/30 exp. Cheers!
I should have bought the 10/30 210c when I posted earlier. It's up like $20 since then.

Edit: Make that $40.
59 South
AG
If these SPY and QQQ levels hold through the close, they are going to look really nice on the weekly charts.

It's party time for me so I'd appreciate it if you degenerates don't mess it all up in the next 4 hours.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Mister Cooper
AG
PINS & AMD
krosch11
AG
Nice Call on that AMZN 3300 call Ranger
McInnis 03
AG
krosch11 said:

Nice Call on that AMZN 3300 call Ranger
Sorry, $2.5 now, was $4 for a bit.

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
Daddy trump upping stimulus offer to $1.8T

Let's see what Old Eyebrows does now.
ProgN
Trump raises coronavirus stimulus offer to $1.8 trillion, sources say

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/09/trump-raises-coronavirus-stimulus-offer-to-1point8-trillion-sources-say.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Rice and Fries
Ha! First
Engine10
AG
I think a stimulus deal gets done, can't trust Nancy but the WH just capitulated (+200bn, 12.5%) in their direction after walking away. That's a good signal for a deal. Dems will probably demand an extra 10-50 but if that gets the ink dry, I think this gets done.

Edit: Damn you guys are fast!
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

Ha! First
Good job
Rice and Fries
Someone Talk me out of LULU lemon $350 calls for 10/30....
lobwedgephil
BT1395
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Someone Talk me out of LULU lemon $350 calls for 10/30....

When do they announce earnings?
krosch11
AG
I did a quick scalp I'm happy .
First Page Last Page
Page 2306 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.