Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,533 Views | 231693 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

Prognightmare said:

PLTR buy at the close should set up nicely for a trade.
I'm in....
In
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

I'm doing it too
Adding BIGC as well. May wait to see if it holds here or has any further drop in the open tomorrow. Will be a long position for me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ClutchCityAg
Anyone else still holding DIS calls?
Let it ride
Engine10
AG
tam2002 said:

FJ43 said:

Prognightmare said:

PLTR buy at the close should set up nicely for a trade.
I'm in....
In

Took a starter position @ 9.45.
tam2002
AG
9.55 here
TMOOSE
In at 9.52

Let it ride...
Ernest Tucker
AG
In at 9.50
TMOOSE
ClutchCityAg said:

Anyone else still holding DIS calls?

Wondering the same!

Thanks!
ranchag04
AG
Like that MGNI close
topher06
ranchag04 said:

Like that MGNI close
Wish I could be in MGNI with you guys, but I can't buy it. Luckily, TTD has been a fortuitous substitute.
FJ43
ranchag04 said:

Like that MGNI close
Amen! Been in it a while now accumulating and its behaving nicely.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Carlo4
AG
brd79 said:

In at 9.50

Says I'm up 97,500% today
MaroonDynasty
ranchag04 said:

Like that MGNI close

That was a good close.

Speaking of closes, ONTX ending the day with a big green bar.
FJ43
Well boys that was all too much fun. Just love this stuff. The next 5 week should provide interesting trading.

UpstateAg
AG
How much of that was window dressing as the end of the quarter? Interesting to see futures tomorrow morning. I'm out of pretty much everything except a couple WDC calls for later this year that I picked up on that dump for a quick flip.
Brewmaster
AG
UpstateAg said:

How much of that was window dressing as the end of the quarter? Interesting to see futures tomorrow morning. I'm out of pretty much everything except a couple WDC calls for later this year that I picked up on that dump for a quick flip.
lots of window dressing IMO...low volume run up, then heavy volume on the dump, then rebound a little into the close. I'm not holding much either, a couple puts and a bunch of DUG commons (long since high 40's).
Touchless
AG
Anyone think DIS may go back and challenge the $118 mark? Have a big gap from early August still. A week ago it found support from mid July it bounced off, but thinking if it dips more again this week, it may jump down to $118 mark to fill the gap.

It's also setting up to mirror what happened in May/June when it gapped up, came back and challenged it but bounced for a week or so before going back down and filling the gap. Kind of a double head and shoulders pattern for both as well.

FJ43
OSTK vs. OSTKO or both? I added OSTK long today and will be adding more tomorrow/Friday. Is there any reason to add OSTKO over more of OSTK?

McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

OSTK vs. OSTKO or both? I added OSTK long today and will be adding more tomorrow/Friday. Is there any reason to add OSTKO over more of OSTK?
OSTKO is the Class A share and once they finally get this on more platforms it'll quickly jump the value of the common share OSTK. The fact it can be had at a discount is only due to it's limited availability. It's premiere ownership....at a discount.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

OSTKO is the Class A share and once they finally get this on more platforms it'll quickly jump the value of the common share OSTK. The fact it can be had at a discount is only due to it's limited availability. It's premiere ownership....at a discount.
Thanks. OSTKO it is. Spike incoming.

Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

Thanks. OSTKO it is. Spike incoming.
just no options on OSTKO yet (which is why I'm long OSTK and OSTKO). So I can sell covered calls on the OSTK
cottonpicker
AG
If I'm reading correctly it looks like momo had about double the volume from average. Is it finally going to move up a little?
FJ43
cottonpicker said:

If I'm reading correctly it looks like momo had about double the volume from average. Is it finally going to move up a little?
Since the sell off the first week of September (miss on revenue and weak sales forecast) today appears to be the first good positive volume day for it. I can't see any news with a quick look that may have spiked it today. Interestingly FWIW analysts price targets seem to be well above its curren tlevel.

Would be interested in others opinions on this one as well. I haven't tracked or 'played' this one at all.

Engine10
AG
Good news on steps toward full deal. Not sure this was ever a tipping point on the conversation but good for confidence
ProgN
Engine10 said:

Good news on steps toward full deal. Not sure this was ever a tipping point on the conversation but good for confidence

That's actually significant news because that was the leverage that Pelosi had to try to get the state bailouts. Reading between the lines, I suspect a deal is imminent.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Think there's going to be anything for small business or mortgage relief in the next stimulus?
ProgN
I expect an extension and funding of PPP and a moratorium on evictions. Rent/mortgage obligations will be delayed but not forgiven.
Bonfire1996
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Think there's going to be anything for small business or mortgage relief in the next stimulus?
ive heard rumors PPP borrowers can go back to the well again, but only if you can show a revenue drop of 50% or more from 2019
topher06
Honestly the free money thing is pretty infuriating when you get screwed by every "stimulus" we've done so far
BobFriend13
AG
New on the investment front. Any advise on what to use to gain knowledge starting out. I read page 1 but that book is hard to find. Starting with about $300. Not much I know.
FJ43
BobFriend13 said:

New on the investment front. Any advise on what to use to gain knowledge starting out. I read page 1 but that book is hard to find. Starting with about $300. Not much I know.

Welcome. You'll gain a ton of information from this thread just by following it and the willingness of everyone to point you in directions, clarify, etc. There are some first class investors and traders here so tuning in, making notes, terminology studying, following that what, why and when, etc will at least get you started. They have been invaluable to me personally.

YouTube has tons of very helpful videos on basics and trading/investing methods and techniques all free. Suggest also following on Twitter a few folks as they educate and alert to things. OA (oldarmy1 on this thread), Redler, Ripster are just a few. A few weeks back I think someone took the time to post a list on this thread of a bunch of good ones to follow.

There are many good resources out there. My fist suggestion would be to get a Thinkorswim account and trade paper money for a while. It's like using Monopoly money and not your own. Learn first before jumping in. Make your mistakes on free money. Turning 300 into a profit before trying 3000.

oldarmy1
AG
MGNI should have a long green candle tomorrow if this holds. Also be ready to exit all the call trades we're in.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

MGNI should have a long green candle tomorrow if this holds. Also be ready to exit all the call trades we're in.

Depending on how long does it make sense to take some profit on some shares and get some net free or just hold?

Beerosch
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Are you expecting to hit your targets on PINS, SNAP, & INMD tomorrow or planning on getting out in the green tomorrow before a dip?
McInnis 03
AG
BobFriend13 said:

If you're on twitter, goto page 2003 of this thread. There I listed what I feel are fantastic follows
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
First Page Last Page
Page 2249 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.