Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,515 Views | 231702 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's stimulus negating talk. If SPY breaks 336, 332 may be on deck.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tailgatetimer10
AG
the post above you bro.
TxAG#2011
Absurd they can't come to an agreement by now.
Jet Black
TxAG#2011 said:

Absurd they can't come to an agreement by now.

It really is
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It's stimulus negating talk. If SPY breaks 336, 332 may be on deck.
yep that. and no vaccine until after election. Although I also heard not til next summer, not sure they even know.
BrokeAssAggie
did you watch last night.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

BenRev09 said:

any good OSTK plays? looks like it's been coiling/converging all month
I bought back my covered calls if that says anything on what I think. You may be able to get away with selling premium / condors in the near-term.

I'm bullish on it. I want to see it show relative strength when the market flushes next week as an entry.
30,000 are you holding OSTK or the OSTKO shares? This is one I haven't had on my radar but remember discussion on the thread about OSTKO as well.
Same as 30k, only I'm holding a lot less OSTK shares I bet, lol...enough to sell covered calls on though! I'm holding out on selling those though until it pops.

Agree 110%, super bullish consolidation. Very soon it should rocket.
Thanks guys for the feedback. Joined the party on OSTK in my IRA account. Just bought the dip here today at high 72s.

It is now free to climb.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think they'll have an agreement by tomorrow. I think the Republicans will come up to the $2 to $2.2 trillion range (as crazy as that is) and the Democrats will agree to remove another 50% or more of funds for states and local governments. They've taken off half of the original amount but they are still more than what is projected to he needed over the next 24 months. They'll end up beefing up relief for some union-heavy industries to make up the difference. Again I think this is excessive brinkmanship on both sides but neither seriously wants tomorrow to happen without an agreement.

I could he completely wrong here
thirdcoast
AG
Yeah, I guess Dems want enough stimulus to pump S&P to 4k into election day. Another backfire u less GOP holds out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So what the hell just happened? I go outside for half an hour and everything goes to hell.
McInnis 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So what the hell just happened? I go outside for half an hour and everything goes to hell.
Nancy and Steve pulled the rug.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

Yeah, I guess Dems want enough stimulus to pump S&P to 4k into election day. Another backfire u less GOP holds out.
They're holding the stimulus up because they want to bailout progressive states.
khaos288
AG
Board thoughts on selling an OSTK put for this week, and then selling a covered call out to December for 90?

Could sell a 75P for 4.00 which would give a 71$ entry. Then sell the CC for 10.0 giving a stagnant return rate of 14% over the next couple months. Also room to profit up to a 19 point run to the strike.
khaos288
AG
thirdcoast said:

That makes no sense. Trump wins votes when people look at their 401ks the last 4 years. I think Prog is closer. They're holding up to get something specific that will help them win votes.
topher06
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think they'll have an agreement by tomorrow. I think the Republicans will come up to the $2 to $2.2 trillion range (as crazy as that is) and the Democrats will agree to remove another 50% or more of funds for states and local governments. They've taken off half of the original amount but they are still more than what is projected to he needed over the next 24 months. They'll end up beefing up relief for some union-heavy industries to make up the difference. Again I think this is excessive brinkmanship on both sides but neither seriously wants tomorrow to happen without an agreement.

I could he completely wrong here
What happens tomorrow with no agreement? More bickering to try to utterly defeat the other side without giving anything your side wants?
topher06
We still feeling good on PINS 44C 10-16?
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
ProgN
khaos288 said:

thirdcoast said:

That makes no sense. Trump wins votes when people look at their 401ks the last 4 years. I think Prog is closer. They're holding up to get something specific that will help them win votes.
The unfunded liabilities for CA, IL, NY, NJ are off the charts due to government employee pensions. The dems want to make these states whole and prevent them from having to make the tough decisions. They're using this crisis to get that money.
topher06
What sectors pop the most when a massive stimulus eventually gets passed? Assume the middle class and definitely upper middle class won't receive anything, so need to think only the poor. lower middle class, wealthy and mega corporations get significant infusions to spend.
khaos288
AG
topher06 said:

What sectors pop the most when a massive stimulus eventually gets passed? Assume the middle class and definitely upper middle class won't receive anything, so need to think only the poor. lower middle class, wealthy and mega corporations get significant infusions to spend.
Got to feel like HD, Lowes, WMT, and TGT aren't bad bets
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think all boats rise with the tide. But in particular, airlines, cruises, hotels, and Disney, if I had to guess.
topher06
khaos288 said:

topher06 said:

Got to feel like HD, Lowes, WMT, and TGT aren't bad bets
I feel that places like HD and Lowes may be capped out as people already knocked out most of their DIY level stuff during the coronacation that many people took. Could be wrong, I guess there is always something breaking.

I am in WMT despite not personally shopping there. I wonder how much improvement they (and TGT) saw during the first round of free money, and whether that impact will be repeated now that more places are open for business.
topher06
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think all boats rise with the tide. But in particular, airlines, cruises, hotels, and Disney, if I had to guess.
Are they giving airlines and cruise lines additional targeted bailout money? Not a bad investment if that's the idea again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure about cruises, but airlines for sure.

But even just with the lower class getting free money checks, you have to think a lot of people start booking vacations with that money.
ProgN
Pelosi, Mnuchin fail to reach stimulus deal but will continue talks as House pushes ahead with vote

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/30/coronavirus-stimulus-pelosi-mnuchin-fail-to-reach-relief-bill-deal.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
thirdcoast
AG
khaos288 said:

thirdcoast said:

I agree with Prog on holding out for blue state bailout cash. But at this point, wouldn't be surprised if GOP agrees to make sure something is delivered before election. But also wouldn't be surprised is Pelosi/Schumer keep moving goal posts or GOP holds out.
khaos288
AG
thirdcoast said:

khaos288 said:

thirdcoast said:

I agree with Prog on holding out for blue state bailout cash. But at this point, wouldn't be surprised if GOP agrees to make sure something is delivered before election. But also wouldn't be surprised is Pelosi/Schumer keep moving goal posts or GOP holds out.

Yeah. There's some crazy politics going on with that one. There's plenty of red states that have unfunded pensions too. Just seems to easy to go tit for tat on that one. My guess is more green new deal like dems wanted in the first one.

Sorry if this is too much politics talk. Someone tell me if my ostk post is viable or not.
Brewmaster
AG

this doesn't help either... translation, good for the dollar to run, not good for the markets.
topher06
Man these swings are violent right now.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Board thoughts on selling an OSTK put for this week, and then selling a covered call out to December for 90?

Could sell a 75P for 4.00 which would give a 71$ entry. Then sell the CC for 10.0 giving a stagnant return rate of 14% over the next couple months. Also room to profit up to a 19 point run to the strike.
Great idea, especially in this market. Even if we pull back more, I think OSTK will be one of the stronger names. You might get called out before December, but it's well worth the risk and you can always buy back in on a dip. Credit Suisse and B of A got in at $84, so I think north of there is a pretty safe bet.
ProgN
Politics and markets are married for another month.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

I went in and out lightning quick to keep a few shares net free. I hear people saying this is a long term major growth keeper.
Just picked up PLTR. Reset lower alerts when it went off and decided to add some into my positions. Dropped off pretty quick the past 30 minutes or so.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
PLTR buy at the close should set up nicely for a trade.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

PLTR buy at the close should set up nicely for a trade.
I'm in....

ProgN
I'm doing it too
First Page Last Page
Page 2248 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.