Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,074 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks
thirdcoast
AG
Engine10 said:

still not bad news overall - no homerun but as people search for nickel plays Vale is in that conversation

Perhaps this mindset will take hold...glass half full.

thirdcoast
AG
PLM is taking a much bigger hit than VALE ah, down 12%
Jet Black
I guess folks weren't impressed with what he had to say. EV's dropping after hours.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yall think any chance of a TSLA bounce tomorrow?
Charlie Conway
my disappointment is immeasurable
fooz
I'm seeing VALE bounced back up to 10.58 in AH in ToS.

eta:

Jet Black
I'm fairly new to this but it seems like these things don't often pan out. Talking mainly about the rumor mill being right.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Jet Black said:

I'm fairly new to this but it seems like these things don't often pan out. Talking mainly about the rumor mill being right.

yeah... gotta remember the source.
Charlie Conway
Jet Black said:

if you're trying to make me feel better you're doing a terrible job
thirdcoast
AG
Warlus is back...keep an eye on 10.5K

McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

Survey: VALE - Hold or Sell?

Riding these to 0. At any moment Elon could tweet about a partnership with vale to source x tons of Nickel from their Canadian mines. Apparently one of the slides in the presentation actually had a vale logo on it? Think OAs leaps are gonna win this one though...
FJ43
Charlie Conway said:

Jet Black said:

if you're trying to make me feel better you're doing a terrible job
Chin up brother. Gains, losses and sideways movements all have valuable lessons. I hate losing more than I like winning so it motivates me to win the next one. Get back on the horse and ride to Valhalla on the next one.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charlie Conway
it's all good, my comments have been more tongue in cheek than anything
FJ43
NRD09 said:

FJ43 said:

Survey: VALE - Hold or Sell?

Riding these to 0. At any moment Elon could tweet about a partnership with vale to source x tons of Nickel from their Canadian mines. Apparently one of the slides in the presentation actually had a vale logo on it? Think OAs leaps are gonna win this one though...
Same for me and god take. One tweet from Elon and can direction change. Even if short term. Taking this one long(er) myself as well. Would have liked the bounce but didn't buy counting on it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
House approved spending bill vis news alert that just came up. Let's see what that triggers.

ProgN
That was expected, neither party wants a shutdown 5 weeks from an election. It'll be a non-event.
Brewmaster
AG
DXY running after hours, more pain to come soon.

khaos288
AG
Boy how did we miss CVNA today?
Brewmaster
AG
Jet Black said:

that's why they call these lottos, you go in very small and hope for that slow pitch softball to hit.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
khaos288 said:

Boy how did we miss CVNA today?
That's going to be a juicy model T to short....
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Too early to worry. Maybe at $96
Jet Black
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

true, at least for now. I'm just using it to help me with short term trends, from day to day really...oh and honing chart drawing skills I should post an equity. Okay, here we go, MBIO. Wedge breakout, followed by a new wedge currently, and also looking cuppy n handle-ish.

amg1996
AG
Pretty sure Prog called this out back in June/July...sad we missed it.
FJ43
MGNI - Another big spike at the close yesterday. That makes 5 of the last 6 trading days at the close. Seems like this thing is shaping up and coiling to break out.

59 South
AG
RAMP it up baby. Europe is up bigly so far as well.

Let's see PINS 42+ and ROKU 200+ today... that's really all I care much about this week to be honest. NIO 20+ would be nice too.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
FJ43
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Are you any of you accumulating MARA in the $1.70s/1.80s? Seems like a great accumulation spot based on the last few months but I'll defer to some of you that are more knowledgeable .

Of course, I'm only using lunch money not kids college money here.
I have been in and out of this one and snake bit on it so far. I have alerts set but want to see if this tests lower levels before buying more. It has broken down through the $2.10ish level spike from late July and next stop as far as I can see if the $1.55ish range. If it breaks down more it was riding under $1.00 prior to July 21st so not convinced we aren't headed there yet.

But there are others on here that can provide better confirmations of support. I am holding a position though.

FJ43
AXGT - Anyone in this? This is the one I posted about yesterday I set a trailing stop on after I was up 20% and headed out the door. Got caught in the flash and sold off but still above 10% for me in basically a day. It is a Bio play Ripster and Pharma are on. There has been decent volume on this one the past week.

Thinking about reentering today.

FJ43
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

true, at least for now. I'm just using it to help me with short term trends, from day to day really...oh and honing chart drawing skills I should post an equity. Okay, here we go, MBIO. Wedge breakout, followed by a new wedge currently, and also looking cuppy n handle-ish.

Great chart BREwmaster! I have been practicing charting skills and need to master it myself. Been loading up on MBIO for weeks now as one of my Bio plays (my largest actually). Next few weeks with this one will be interesting.

59 South
AG
Thought I'd share my newer options process that I started using a while back (small sample size but batting 1.000 so far). It has replaced my previous reckless, emotional, 'wait for others to tell me what to' do 'process' I was using to 'learn' previously 2018 into 2019:

• Plan out every options play like the chart below - treat it like you would a long term investment
  • Plan out what to do in various scenarios, ie sell when underlying share price loses a critical support level, sell at least a portion if rejected at critical resistance level (note PINS didn't really have that much of a problem with 40 yesterday so I adjusted targets higher)
  • Utilize (utilise) '3 day rule', history tells us that big moves in either direction usually culminate on day 3 of the move and usually at the open. So for PINS, tomorrow morning target for a short term peak? Look closely at the chart to see what I'm talking about! It's all over the PINS daily chart over the past month and in both ways.
  • Take all the 'gut feelings', emotions, etc out of it and make it mechanical (yeah this is waaaay easier said than done)
  • Don't FOMO, don't YOLO.
  • Don't have more than 2 options plays at a time, target one 'sure fire' entry per week in a name you're familiar with (exceptions made if stars align and there is consensus between at least 2 trusted sources... hello PINS (thanks OA + Stewie).

These are my lessons learned (learnt) that have made things drastically easier and better performing for me so felt obligated to share...

ProgN
Johnson & Johnson enters late-stage trial testing its coronavirus vaccine

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/coronavirus-vaccine-johnson-johnson-begins-late-stage-covid-19-trial-.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
FJ43
59 South said:

Thought I'd share my newer options process that I started using a while back (small sample size but batting 1.000 so far). It has replaced my previous reckless, emotional, 'wait for others to tell me what to' do 'process' I was using to 'learn' previously 2018 into 2019:

• Plan out every options play like the chart below - treat it like you would a long term investment
  • Plan out what to do in various scenarios, ie sell when underlying share price loses a critical support level, sell at least a portion if rejected at critical resistance level (note PINS didn't really have that much of a problem with 40 yesterday so I adjusted targets higher)
  • Utilize (utilise) '3 day rule', history tells us that big moves in either direction usually culminate on day 3 of the move and usually at the open. So for PINS, tomorrow morning target for a short term peak? Look closely at the chart to see what I'm talking about! It's all over the PINS daily chart over the past month and in both ways.
  • Take all the 'gut feelings', emotions, etc out of it and make it mechanical (yeah this is waaaay easier said than done)
  • Don't FOMO, don't YOLO.
  • Don't have more than 2 options plays at a time, target one 'sure fire' entry per week in a name you're familiar with (exceptions made if stars align and there is consensus between at least 2 trusted sources... hello PINS (thanks OA + Stewie).

These are my lessons learned (learnt) that have made things drastically easier and better performing for me so felt obligated to share...

Thanks 59. This is one of the main reason I enjoy this forum so much. So many on here willing to share, help and enjoy the ride with. This is all just too much fun.

59 South
AG
A big reason for posting this is that I don't want anyone to blow up their account like pretty much every successful trader has as part of the learning process (fwiw I do not consider myself a successful trader at all).

Carter talks a lot about it in his book. He's blown up multiple accounts. Irish has posted about doing it. OA I believe posted a long time ago about losing a ton of money in his early days in the 80s (seem to remember it was in commodities trading in Chicago...)

Anyways, my story is that I took a Robinhood 'learning' account started in early 2018 from $500 to $30k in less than a year. Then I took it to $0 in a couple months because you know...'if I can do that, then $30k to $100k is easy money... and if I do that, then it's just a matter of time until it becomes $1M... won't that be a heck of a story!?! $500 to $1M!'

I WILL NEVER BLOW UP ANOTHER ACCOUNT EVER AGAIN

All of 2018 into a good chunk of 2019 was a very convenient time to be learning. Those violent ups and downs provided a ton of experience for what I suspect was a lot of posters on this board. OA was a teaching machine through that time so I'm forever grateful. If you have the time, go back to early January 2018 and read through this thread until January 2019. Those were some wild times in hindsight. After all that I kinda expected 2020 to be calmer at least until election talk heated up late summer or so... boy was I wrong!

First Page Last Page
Page 2213 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.