Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,347 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wake me up when I can cash out
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Dan Scott
AG
I love how unpolished the TSLA presentation. F all that MBA presentation training bullcrap
Ragoo
AG
Uh oh. TSLA might bust my 440/450/460 fly tonight.
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

After watching the options flow today, I'd guess it's gonna get busted
E
AG
TSLA take VALE with ya!!

Ragoo
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Ragoo said:

After watching the options flow today, I'd guess it's gonna get busted
ot the price opens anywhere inside that spread I should be able to flip a $.40 fly for a couple bucks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
and for whoever needs to read this: 1) have a plan, 2) focus on the base hits that add up to something big vs the home runs, and 3) for the love of God, scale out of your winning positions gradually. My best trade ever was 11 years ago in the financial crisis by doing precisely that with Citigroup. I bought $2C when the stock was sub $1. A couple days later it had gapped up to $2, I sold 25%, then it went to $3, another 25%, then $4, etc. I exited all just over $5.

At the time, I kicked myself for not holding with the benefit of hindsight. In retrospect, I 100% did the right thing with going net free, and then scaling out. My strategy now is more simple - 50% at target, 50% when momentum begins to sleep for a naked call/put. For a vertical, 65-80% of max profit unless max profit is guaranteed (e.g. stock runs away on the upside).
thirdcoast
AG
Tesla is now talking about minerals......
thirdcoast
AG
Engine10
AG
Anode: Silicon...
thirdcoast
AG
Here it comes!
Irish 2.0
Musk chose his words poorly...
Engine10
AG
HIGH NICKEL CATHODE
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

and for whoever needs to read this: 1) have a plan, 2) focus on the base hits that add up to something big vs the home runs, and 3) for the love of God, scale out of your winning positions gradually. My best trade ever was 11 years ago in the financial crisis by doing precisely that with Citigroup. I bought $2C when the stock was sub $1. A couple days later it had gapped up to $2, I sold 25%, then it went to $3, another 25%, then $4, etc. I exited all just over $5.

At the time, I kicked myself for not holding with the benefit of hindsight. In retrospect, I 100% did the right thing with going net free, and then scaling out. My strategy now is more simple - 50% at target, 50% when momentum begins to sleep for a naked call/put. For a vertical, 65-80% of max profit unless max profit is guaranteed (e.g. stock runs away on the upside).
thanks for sharing brother! words to live by or for an account to live (and not die) by!

It may just be dumb luck, but I've started to buy a lot more spreads and sometimes I'll unwind the sell side (buy to close) and let the call run. I usually buy the sell side when the stock dips (typically in the a.m.). I did this on OSTK today and made good money. Had 2 spreads, converted 1 to a call, sold it on the rip today, still holding the other spread for another day, but net free on it now.
topher06
CreakinDeacon said:

topher06 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

While they clearly should be allowed to open, does this really do anything for the stock?
Absolutely. They've been missing out on parks, experience, and products revenue for six months from California and several other countries. PEP accounts for the majority of their revenue

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193140/revenue-of-the-walt-disney-company-by-operating-segment/

Hopefully California stops trying to kill their golden goose then.
Engine10
AG
$SLCA rocketing...it's not what people think it is lol
thirdcoast
AG
Tesla talked about sourcing recycled batteries, then just skipped over sourcing of raw ore needed before then. Elon mentioned his tweet about urging miners to produce more nickel. Unless he is saving a surprise ending, no Vale partnership news today.....but it certainly still looks like a good fit in their supply chain economy of scale model.
tlepoC
AG
Orrrrrrrrrre,

Tesla's lawyers saw this thread and recommended he not announce anything in order to avoid addition SEC scrutiny.
J.P. 03
AG
Did Elon Musk just make a "69%.....NICE" joke?!??!
Carlo4
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

topher06 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

While they clearly should be allowed to open, does this really do anything for the stock?
Absolutely. They've been missing out on parks, experience, and products revenue for six months from California and several other countries. PEP accounts for the majority of their revenue

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193140/revenue-of-the-walt-disney-company-by-operating-segment/

Their stock is up $40 a share since March, so they aren't missing them at all.... since they've been gone..... away....
thirdcoast
AG
QA flushed out a response about sourcing raw material, Elon mentioned "mining the ore". Random guy Turner came up to talk CAPEX, strategic vertical integration, and model for miners......stopped short of partnership. Just mentioned calls with miners.....to spur investment.
TXAG14
So much for that.
Engine10
AG
still not bad news overall - no homerun but as people search for nickel plays Vale is in that conversation
Carlo4
AG
lol which one of you whales sold VALE and Nasdaq? Both of them went down even more AH.

Thanks Musk
FJ43
Some share dumping on VALE after hours looks like. One spike right before 6:30 and one before 7:00. Both EST. On a TDA phone app but looks like about 400k+ shares each time.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Ragoo
AG
TSLA is falling like a stone. Must have been underwhelming
Carlo4
AG
Tesla down 12%
tlepoC
AG
Yeah, Musk made a comment about "not printing money - despite what our market cap would indicate"
Carlo4
AG
Engine10 said:

still not bad news overall - no homerun but as people search for nickel plays Vale is in that conversation

Bought in yesterday and down 7%. Already cutting my losses. This was also $7 in March.... so it can go down quite a bit more.

Edit for sucking at math
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

Whatever dude. I shop clearance rack for workout clothes unless its gifted to me lol.

And Asics for a shoe.
If you jog/run, try "Brooks". I was recommended them by someone and bought a pair and I love them. They aren't cheap, but very well made.
FJ43
Survey: VALE - Hold or Sell?

TxAG#2011
The overall numbers they mentioned for efficiency and production cost were a seriously impressive leap over the current battery tech.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Whatever dude. I shop clearance rack for workout clothes unless its gifted to me lol.

And Asics for a shoe.
If you jog/run, try "Brooks". I was recommended them by someone and bought a pair and I love them. They aren't cheap, but very well made.
ive had about 6-7 pairs of Brooks in a row. The Hokas are better in every way.
Carlo4
AG
Couldn't help but buy a few Tesla shares just now.
ProgN
bigtoneag said:

Long time lurker on this thread...wife just started working for SFIX so I've been following as well. Looks like they took a pretty big hit on Stock Comp Expense causing the big miss on earnings.
I've heard rumblings that AMZN might acquire SFIX. Nothing imminent, but something to put in the back of your head.
First Page Last Page
Page 2212 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.