Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,053,636 Views | 231681 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by harge57
MaroonDynasty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

Good volume spike at the close on MGNI
Had to do a double take and make sure that I was on the current page, same thing happened yesterday on MGNI volume.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

340 or way ITM 240? If 240 what made you pick that particular strike?
sorry, 340
FJ43
MaroonDynasty said:

FJ43 said:

Good volume spike at the close on MGNI
Had to do a double take and make sure that I was on the current page, same thing happened yesterday on MGNI volume.
Here's to hoping she rips up again at the open.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Good grief. I get on one damn conference call and y'all do THIS to the market??
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

all is well, big move coming!

Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Bought spy340c 9/18 looking for a pop
probably get it... I added 342C's out to next week. DXY was dumping a bit this afternoon which usually precedes a SPY rocketship.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

probably get it... I added 342C's out to next week. DXY was dumping a bit this afternoon which usually precedes a SPY rocketship.
be careful.

triple witching, we probably end the week around 3400, but who knows. Feels like we are trending lower to me.
texagbeliever
Abbott is giving a press conference tomorrow at noon.
95% chance: Abbott announces we are doing great and he didn't see his shadow so 2 more weeks
5% chance: Abbot relaxes some of the rules and we get to higher % occupancy for restaurants, churches etc.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
texagbeliever said:

Some TSLA stats [data Jul 1st to today]:
  • 92% of the time the day's high is higher than the previous day's close (56% > $10, 31% > $20)
  • 73% of the time the day's low is lower than the previous day's close [edit to flip wording]
  • 75% of the time TSLA opens up above previous day's close
  • 42% of the time TSLA closes above the open for that day (23% > $10, 13% > $20)

Working on an excel tool to analyze a stocks behavioral patterns. Any suggestions on things to look at, i'm all ears. Also i can pull in data for any stock from Fidelity so it is adjustable [right now 65 min & daily]

Can you pull 10 minute data from the last six months or so? I cannot find how to do that on Fidelity. Can you pull similar price data for calls, even those that expired already?
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

be careful.

triple witching, we probably end the week around 3400, but who knows. Feels like we are trending lower to me.
i agree. Feels like we will re-test 330 soon. I bought for a potential flash back up to 342 or so. Not going to hold long.
texagbeliever
Not that im aware. I imagine they have a limit on how far back the data goes by granular level to keep the databases smaller.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I tried active trader pro, tradingview, and yahoo finance - yahoo finance went the furthest back.

TOS can support this. I just did it.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

be careful.

i agree. Feels like we will re-test 330 soon. I bought for a potential flash back up to 342 or so. Not going to hold long.
Yeah that is all I'm looking for, a pop back to 342 or so, just bought the 9/25's to minimize premium burn.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

all is well, big move coming!

What do you guys see happening with APPLE? I guess this tweet referenced thinks there will be a move up but what about any individual opinions here? Anything in the charts to say?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
FJ43 said:

Anyone follow Pharma.D@Pharmadca on Twitter? I see Ripster47 follows him and keys on some of his trade alerts.

Yes, I follow him and I think he is pretty solid actually. I have been tracking him for a few weeks and I'd say overall of the mentions he's given I'd ballpark 50% up, 35% sideways, and 15% down? Far better than that asshat RadioSilent.
ProgN
From what I've read, 5G is the first major leap in technology for the Iphone in years. I've seen some analysts say they expect 30+% of Iphone users to upgrade fairly quickly. I've put off upgrading, I have the Iphone 6, because the I couldn't justify the cost for a slightly better phone. However, I will be at AT&T the first day they start taking preorders for the 5G.

If more than 30% upgrade, combined with the new Apple One bundle, then AAPL is a strong buy at these levels IMO
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Apple is practically the market.

On a daily basis, it has closed below the 5 and 21 EMA (which have crossed). 50MA is at $110/share. If it closes below the 50, could be interesting on the down side. Last close below the 50 was in April.

On a weekly basis, AAPL has barely touched it's 5 EMA (closed below last week). It's nowhere near the 21 or 50MA.

On a monthly basis, it is well above the 5 EMA and 21. It would need to get to $95/share to even touch it's monthly 5.

Apple routinely touches its monthly 5EMA and normally trades above it and nearer to it than it is now. So that means that Apple either trades sideways or down to have a tag. It's moved parabolically on a monthly basis, looks a lot like NDX in 2000. I am a long time shareholder, I am not in a hurry to buy shares other than dividend reinvestment. I would buy again at a 5 EMA touch.

34 P/E, which is on the high side for them historically. Most of my buys have been in the 12-13 range.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Prognightmare said:

From what I've read, 5G is the first major leap in technology for the Iphone in years. I've seen some analysts say they expect 30+% of Iphone users to upgrade fairly quickly. I've put off upgrading, I have the Iphone 6, because the I couldn't justify the cost for a slightly better phone. However, I will be at AT&T the first day they start taking preorders for the 5G.

If more than 30% upgrade, combined with the new Apple One bundle, then AAPL is a strong buy at these levels IMO
The question I have is what is priced in right now.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Prognightmare said:

Thanks. Apple is really kinda baffling me right now. I have kept adding and adding on the dips (did not today) and accumulating like crazy but I'm trying to balance it with what I think will be another bit of a correction at some point Sep-Dec. Not thinking of selling at all, its really just a question of should I keep adding to a fund that seems kinda still.

For the sake of knowing my trading profile, I'm a simple swing trader that has been buying solid companies at lower levels, getting to 15-30% in the plus, then shaving that 15-30% off as profit soon as I see it, and then letting the rest ride long term.
ProgN
I won't mind owning it in my son's account at 110 or better. The money will funnel into equities and AAPL will get plenty of buyers.

Sidenote:

If we open up tomorrow and then go negative, then it could get dicey for the markets in the short term. Today's action after the fed made be more short term bearish.
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

prog, please tell me that you know you can preorder iphones online...you dont have to go to the store to order!
Rice and Fries
I just want to get out of my Oct $30 SLV calls.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Rice and Fries said:

holy **** man. bail tomorrow. Remember, unrealized loss and realized loss are the same thing. Theta decay is going to get you. Get out.
Rice and Fries

Rice and Fries said:

holy **** man. bail tomorrow. Remember, unrealized loss and realized loss are the same thing. Theta decay is going to get you. Get out.
Totally agree.

My thoughts are:

1. My CB is $0.31, with the current bid ask around $0.22-24
2. We've got just over 30 days and thankfully SLV is around $25ish.

I really don't think it gets there in time. I was just hoping for some positive price movement up to $0.27ish so I can get out with small loss. But my Stop loss is set here at $0.20 and we came close to that today.

At the end of the day, im just waiting for inflation to finally show up but thats gonna happen after Im dead apparently.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I unloaded my Dec SLV calls this morning for a loss. When it turned from good idea to an idea that didn't work it was time to bail. Then I turned around and put some of that in CWH butterfly's which may be an even worse idea.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

I won't mind owning it in my son's account at 110 or better. The money will funnel into equities and AAPL will get plenty of buyers.

Sidenote:

If we open up tomorrow and then go negative, then it could get dicey for the markets in the short term. Today's action after the fed made be more short term bearish.
Wait what, Prog is bearish??!

Brewmaster
AG

Apple is practically the market.

On a daily basis, it has closed below the 5 and 21 EMA (which have crossed). 50MA is at $110/share. If it closes below the 50, could be interesting on the down side. Last close below the 50 was in April.

That is a GREAT point. I went back and looked, AAPL was well above 50MA until end of February, then it traded below it and the markets tanked. Currently AAPL is still above it, but not by a lot.

AAPL also has a big gap back at the end of July, around $96. SPY has a small one there, @ 326. Interesting.
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

Prognightmare said:

prog, please tell me that you know you can preorder iphones online...you dont have to go to the store to order!
It's through our corporate account and Mom said just go do because she doesn't feel like dealing with it. It's not too bad, smaller town and an AT&T store is right by my gym.
ProgN
FJ43
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

FJ43 said:

Anyone follow Pharma.D@Pharmadca on Twitter? I see Ripster47 follows him and keys on some of his trade alerts.

Yes, I follow him and I think he is pretty solid actually. I have been tracking him for a few weeks and I'd say overall of the mentions he's given I'd ballpark 50% up, 35% sideways, and 15% down? Far better than that asshat RadioSilent.
Thanks! Appreciate the response.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
So Redler said in today's 6:30am video, often fomc day is fake ups and downs all day with a direction finally chosen. He also said the next day is often the opposite. We will see.

I'll say this though. I follow a lot of setup posters and nobody sees anything they like for tomorrow lol
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McKinney Ag69
AG
How much additional ball cancer will 5G give my Testicles vs. 4G?
Carlo4
AG
Challenger 17 said:

25% more.

Spaceship
AG
Challenger 17 said:

As long as your balls aren't talking on the phone they should be fine.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Spaceship said:

Challenger 17 said:

As long as your balls aren't talking on the phone they should be fine.
Your phone is in your pocket all day long.
First Page Last Page
Page 2181 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.