Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,104 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zwhag2010 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

M.C. Swag said:

McInnis 03 said:

Snowflake has gone nuts.

when is this thing gonna be available to trade?

This screams..overpriced ipo skyrocketing...then dropping fast

Seems like some put options but not sure when those would be available
3 business days after the IPO debut, so probably Monday to get puts.
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

GtownRAB said:

What are the thoughts now on CHNG? I know OA recommended it and so probably a lot of y'all are holding/watching.

My shares are up about 35% and have covered calls expiring 9/18. Keep holding and sell more calls? Or take the profit and move on?

Good question... don't know the answer except that I have shares and they keep going up, so I keep holding.

And LOL at your disclaimer on your previous post... pretty much applies to me as well.

I did find this in my notes, this is from OA on Aug 6th...

MaroonDynasty
$180-185 for SNOW...I thought this was going to be like $70bucks a share.
ProgN
tamc1956ag said:

HOw do I buy snowflake? prior to IPO
You not only have to have an account at one of the firms that are bringing it public, but you have to usually be a HUGE account to be able to purchase it prior to it going public.

MaroonDynasty
62strat said:

zwhag2010 said:

Anyone holding LUV? What is target exit. Seems to have completed it's retrace back from June. Not sure if I should take profit or let it ride up to the mid 50s

I'm in LUV at $31. I may exit when it doubles.

I got in and rode it up to $35 a couple times, missed the run up to $40 though.
tamc1956ag
S
I guess I'm screwed on Snowflake....
Engine10
AG
Just wait till the listing goes public - it'll rocket then crash, that valuation on the upgrade is just bonkers
ClutchCityAg
Since BRK.A and CRM are buying massive chunks of SNOW, how will that affect their own stock prices?
Let it ride
Swollen Thumb
AG
GOCO - drifted below 13 over the past couple weeks on very light volume. I've been averaging down over the past couple of months and thinking of buying more under 13, but believe I should wait until we see a bounce of some sort on higher volume to indicate a level of support. I'm I thinking about this right?

As always, thank you for all of your input on this board.
MaroonDynasty
If CBAY can break $7-7.10, it can run up to $10 pretty quick.
oldarmy1
AG
Right there with you accumulating for long term.
oldarmy1
AG
APPS broke out and a run past $35 looks high. Go out to kid Oct for calls
GtownRAB
AG
KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

GtownRAB said:

What are the thoughts now on CHNG? I know OA recommended it and so probably a lot of y'all are holding/watching.

My shares are up about 35% and have covered calls expiring 9/18. Keep holding and sell more calls? Or take the profit and move on?

Good question... don't know the answer except that I have shares and they keep going up, so I keep holding.

And LOL at your disclaimer on your previous post... pretty much applies to me as well.

Thanks for posting that - looks like holding and looking at covered calls again is the plan.

My disclaimer is too accurate and needed. I have always enjoyed finance, but never messed with stocks/calls, just kept putting money into retirement (and still do). With the dip in March, I finally decided to open a cash account to just buy some down stocks like LUV knowing they were pretty safe and would come back at some point. Then I found this thread and it is like crack. I went from a buy and hold strategy to checking everyday. I still just dabble in a few calls and covered calls, but really enjoy following everyone and learning.
Engine10
AG
Sold 9/18c @1.98 from $0.25 this week - happy to give APPS another go!
SpeedyAg90
AG
Bought some $47.5 C calls this morning , hell of a payday!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
moving mostly flat for the fed.
gougler08
AG
GtownRAB said:

KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

GtownRAB said:

Thanks for posting that - looks like holding and looking at covered calls again is the plan.

My disclaimer is too accurate and needed. I have always enjoyed finance, but never messed with stocks/calls, just kept putting money into retirement (and still do). With the dip in March, I finally decided to open a cash account to just buy some down stocks like LUV knowing they were pretty safe and would come back at some point. Then I found this thread and it is like crack. I went from a buy and hold strategy to checking everyday. I still just dabble in a few calls and covered calls, but really enjoy following everyone and learning.
I've been doing the CHNG covered calls on the way up and plan to keep doing so until called out
topher06
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
Brewmaster
AG
topher06 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
SPY may squeeze more with FOMC today. 345 on deck I think. Tomorrow and Friday could be red though, the quad witches haven't done any damage yet.

FDX - damn, congrats for those of you that took it. I thought for sure it would get whacked.

OSTK - max pain around 70 this week. Short squeeze on the menu for next week I'll probably add a call spread for next week on Friday, then unwind the sell side if it starts to launch Monday/ Tuesday.
texagbeliever
O&G Watch:
  • COP & OVV broke through the 8 day moving averages for the first time since late August
  • MRO & XOM are testing the 8 day moving average as well

Crude oil is up 4.2%
Brewmaster
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

$180-185 for SNOW...I thought this was going to be like $70bucks a share.
E
AG
MARA
topher06
MARA rocket
BrokeAssAggie
E said:

MARA

At $4 yet!?!?
gougler08
AG
MOMO with a nice red to green V bottom on the daily
topher06
CrazyRichAggie said:

E said:

MARA

At $4 yet!?!?
Bruh any day MARA doesn't drop 10% is a WIN
texagbeliever
CreakinDeacon said:

Wynn gets downgraded, sees a huge volume selloff early in the day and is now working on making up that 5% opening dip in time for lunch. Bring it on institutions!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$0.10 is a rocket
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

McInnis 03 said:

The DKNG BWB I posted a week or so ago, i went really big on it (for me, y'all would laugh at it)........I don't know if I was pissed at losses, or convinced on the setup......let's just say I'm really happy with how it's playing out at this moment.
Nice call once again. How do you plan on handling it going forward?

I sold the 40/45 spread so turned my BWB into a normal fly net free. I'm happy about that, but thinking my remaining flys may not be worth much if we're going to fly through the strikes. I guess the good thing is that a lot can happen in a month....
Well, I'm an impatient man, so I ended up buying the -40/+45p spreads and got to keep $.75 per fly, plus the butterflies as well.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
DFWag17
AG
What are yalls thoughts on AAPL and MSFT levels right now and buying them for long term holds?
Irish 2.0
LVS getting whacked on bad PR
Bonfire1996
AG
DFWag17 said:

What are yalls thoughts on AAPL and MSFT levels right now and buying them for long term holds?
never a bad decision with these. Perfect for retirement funds or 529s
topher06
Bonfire1996 said:

DFWag17 said:

never a bad decision with these. Perfect for retirement funds or 529s
Not sure if you've been paying attention, but AAPL was $400+ and now its only $115 per share. Also, my main platform is Robinhood.
McInnis 03
AG
CRM may run on sympathy to SNOW.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
First Page Last Page
Page 2178 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.