Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,042 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CreakinDeacon said:

MOC 2.3B to sell
Down to 400M to sell
McInnis 03
AG
I give up.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
SHUT IT.

Down days and weeks happen. Figure it out.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
boyz05 said:

MGNI sitting below trend line support...looks like tail end of H&S On daily. Wonder if someone internally will stop the bleeding.
Minnow level buy but just bought more at $5.90.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TriumphForks
AG
Against my better judgment I am holding ONTX overnight to see where it goes. Could have sold for a small gain today after massive amounts of pain last week and early this week... yikes.
Legend
AG
The short term outlook is definitely not rosy. Not sure about long term. At some point things get cheap enough to buy. But, I'm not smart enough to know when!
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

SHUT IT.

I needed a good laugh at the end of this day! Thanks for bringing it McInnis !
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

tsuag10
AG
DIS looked good earlier today.

Hopefully it will pick back up tomorrow my flys will come back around.
McInnis 03
FJ43
TriumphForks said:

Against my better judgment I am holding ONTX overnight to see where it goes. Could have sold for a small gain today after massive amounts of pain last week and early this week... yikes.
The after hours swings on this once have big ranges % wise but hasn't been any meaningful volume. So...it may hit one of those weird after hours points in the higher 20s.

McInnis 03
AG
PTON had a fantastic qtr.

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
Finished the day above the 50DMA on the QQQ. Tomorrow will be very important. Bulls must move away from the 50DMA and take back the 5DMA. If it is rejected again at the 5DMA, I think we move into a macro sell trend. Levels to watch on the QQQ on the daily getting over ~278.5 and sustaining it. Level under 271 is sell. Still in no man's land for me on a macro level. Scalping and holding some leaps is about it. Think we gap up tomorrow. What they do with it is yet to be seen.
thirdcoast
AG
PTON crushes estimates, up 9% AH.

I got crushed on RKT calls with similar earnings beat, but totally different price action.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

PTON had a fantastic qtr.
now all they gotta do is guide up and my spreads expire worthless tomorrow!
jj9000
AG
Still haven't figured out who this is.
ProgN
Irish
J.P. 03
AG
Sounds like the latest iteration of the stimulus bill died in the Senate this afternoon. Could make for a fun morning tomorrow.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
So as stated on the board a few times today I was struggling with what to do on PTON before earnings.

I ended up hedging by selling off exactly my gains only on it, and holding the rest and I guess it worked out ok. That said, this market has beaten down some good earnings or good news in the days after so who knows what tomorrow and beyond bring for PTON. I'm sticking with my original PT of $130 for it though if the market goes bull again.
Irish 2.0
J.P. 03 said:

Sounds like the latest iteration of the stimulus bill died in the Senate this afternoon. Could make for a fun morning tomorrow.

This action already played today.
Brewmaster
AG
J.P. 03 said:

by fun, you mean I should still be holding SPY puts? I am! for the record I did buy 1 call as well, which if they can get even a small bounce in the a.m. it'll go green.
Carlo4
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Finished the day above the 50DMA on the QQQ. Tomorrow will be very important. Bulls must move away from the 50DMA and take back the 5DMA. If it is rejected again at the 5DMA, I think we move into a macro sell trend. Levels to watch on the QQQ on the daily getting over ~278.5 and sustaining it. Level under 271 is sell. Still in no man's land for me on a macro level. Scalping and holding some leaps is about it. Think we gap up tomorrow. What they do with it is yet to be seen.
Wasn't it also a bearish engulfing candle by less than a point on QQQ? Guessing the DMA is much more important than this indication on the candle?

Asking for a volatility playing friend.
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SHUT IT.

Brewmaster
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

So as stated on the board a few times today I was struggling with what to do on PTON before earnings.

I ended up hedging by selling off exactly my gains only on it, and holding the rest and I guess it worked out ok. That said, this market has beaten down some good earnings or good news in the days after so who knows what tomorrow and beyond bring for PTON. I'm sticking with my original PT of $130 for it though if the market goes bull again.
Sell at the open if it's still up by then. I think the IV on it was high, it will most likely get crushed/ sell off quick.
Brewmaster
AG
dangit, double post sorry...

but everyone watch DUG. As long as the market struggles, DUG will continue to run and if it surpasses 200 day ma, it could really run. I'm also watching DXY. I'll be going long DUG (short oil) on any pull back tomorrow. Look at the chart for DUG back in May, a real ripper.

There's more than just a stimulus bill getting blocked to this. This may not end well...I don't think we get a March dump, but I really doubt this is a small June pullback.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

Sell at the open if it's still up by then. I think the IV on it was high, it will most likely get crushed/ sell off quick.

My PTON play was to buy 100 shares and sell a covered call to get assigned. We'll see what happens in pre-market, but it looks like my 100C may expire worthless. I will gladly keep the shares if I don't get called out.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BREwmaster said:

My PTON play was to buy 100 shares and sell a covered call to get assigned. We'll see what happens in pre-market, but it looks like my 100C may expire worthless. I will gladly keep the shares if I don't get called out.
still in my 85/95c spreads. Sold a 100/105c spread for some premium. $99.99 please.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
30k: your call expire tomorrow or next week? If it's tomorrow I think you're right you may get to sell it again!
I bought 90c and sold 91c for an avg of .446 a pair. I think she should be able to hold 91 tomorrow?
edit: what'd those cost you, ragoo?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
tomorrow. My goal was an earnings trade for a quick $2.5K. if I don't get exercised tomorrow, I may choose a longer time horizon CC at an OTM strike.
McInnis 03
AG

BREwmaster said:

There was significant activity on the 100 call today , if I recall correctly. They may run this thing up at the open.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

BREwmaster said:

I actually sold enough of my vertical spreads and one butterfly to cover holding one more vertical spread and one more butterfly , the butterfly is pinned at a hundred and 10 wide and my vertical spread is 80 to 85 so that'll be nice.

Pton Is at 96 right now

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
Carlo4 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Wasn't it also a bearish engulfing candle by less than a point on QQQ? Guessing the DMA is much more important than this indication on the candle?

Asking for a volatility playing friend.

I personally believe that the DMA is more important. They show the macro moves better than candles. I think the VXX leveled off a bit towards the end of the day though. Not sure. Not at my computer.

If we gap up, may want to grab some VXX to hedge against your longs if you're carrying them until we reach over the 5 to cut the VXX or dump your longs under the 50
Brewmaster
AG
also watch DUG and DXY... if the market keeps dumping, DUG will keep running and be one heck of a hedge. This feels like March again.

sorry this is meant for everyone not a reply to you Creakin
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
J.P. 03
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

J.P. 03 said:

This action already played today.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't check the news until after 3 and thought it was relatively new information, but glad it's already been priced in.

Cleary the only solution here to prevent me from making a similar mistake in the future is to go buy more monitors. Hopefully with some PTON money, depending on what happens at the open tomorrow:

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Is that the beginning of one of "those" movies?
First Page Last Page
Page 2161 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.