Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,189 Views | 231812 Replies | Last: 33 sec ago by CC09LawAg
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My stop losses triggered last week. super annoying, but oh well.
MavsAg
AG
I'm just kicking myself for not buying more.
Boat Shoes
AG
Anyone still in $RLFTF?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
tsuag10 said:

Or, could I sell my 270 and 285 calls at today's peak, and then keep the 275s open for a few more days and let theta (and possibly the market) draw down their value a bit before I close?
danger will robinson!!!
Unlimited liability!!! Or nearly so. you already have nearly unlimited liability with nothing protecting one of those sold 275s (unless your 285 goes itm, then your net is -1k between those two). If you sell your 270s and the stock keeps running, those 275s you are on the hook for would hurt a lot
Maedan86
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Anyone still in $RLFTF?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maedan86 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Anyone still in $RLFTF?

just net free shares. No loss if it never takes off again
Maedan86
AG
Maedan86 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Anyone still in $RLFTF?

I am. and I'm holding. May add more if it gets below .40
Fireman
AG
I use Etrade, not RH, but I'll share my thoughts with the goal of being helpful.

In E-Trade, irrespective of how you entered your trades, you have the option to click one, some or all of your option positions in a particular stock (FB in this instance) and elect to close them out together. What I do typically with my fly's is to click the ones I want to close out and then initially select "market pricing."

Market pricing then tells me specifically where I stand on all the trades I've selected to close out combined. For example, if the market pricing tells me the cost to close out my trades is $500.00, then I know I have a net debit of $5.00. If the market pricing tells me I will receive proceeds of $500 then I have a net credit of $5.00. Cost = debit, and proceeds = credit.

With this information, if you feel the trade is moving favorably in your direction, I might set an order to close out the transaction with a net debit of $4.00, which means once the aggregate of all the positions I'm attempting to close out reaches $400 cost, Etrade will close them out and the net cost to me is $400.00. Or if you are trying to hurry up and close out of the trades on a net basis, simply choose net debit at $5.00 and assuming that is still the market price, it should close out pretty quickly for a net cost of $500.00.

Choosing net credit or net debit, I have found gives you more flexibility to close out your positions without tying up massive amounts of cash by settling the trades on a gross or individual basis and almost always yields better results than choosing to close out via "market."

I'd be surprised if RH did not have similar options for closing out your positions - hope this helps.
aggiebonzo
AG
Is AAPL a good long term buy right now?
TecRecAg
AG
Yes, especially if they split. If you're just talking about buying common don't worry about timing the market. Just buy it and check it in a few years.
WoMD
aggiebonzo said:

Always...
McInnis 03
AG
With XOM getting wiped off the DOW, will there be an exodus due to funds removing them that track DOW? Thinking of selling some ITM calls to dump it, my cost basis is sub $35
Proposition Joe
Action on TOL all day long
stxag8
AG
Looks like OA bought more ONTX around 1:15
tailgatetimer10
AG
Shouldve bought ZEST on its low volume drop. Damnit.
tsuag10
AG
NRD09 said:

tsuag10 said:

Or, could I sell my 270 and 285 calls at today's peak, and then keep the 275s open for a few more days and let theta (and possibly the market) draw down their value a bit before I close?
danger will robinson!!!
Unlimited liability!!! Or nearly so. you already have nearly unlimited liability with nothing protecting one of those sold 275s (unless your 285 goes itm, then your net is -1k between those two). If you sell your 270s and the stock keeps running, those 275s you are on the hook for would hurt a lot
Everything I'm reading about early assignment tells me that it's not likely at all in this situation because there's still a lot of extrinsic value in the premium ($14.03 premium right now)

Am I understanding this correctly?
tsuag10
AG
Btw, Sorry if I'm cluttering up the thread.

Hopefully others will learn from my screw-up here.
Bonfire1996
AG
McInnis 03 said:

With XOM getting wiped off the DOW, will there be an exodus due to funds removing them that track DOW? Thinking of selling some ITM calls to dump it, my cost basis is sub $35
It takes balls to be in O&G right now. And there are much better balance sheets and free cash flow companies out there in that space.

Exxon cannot maintain its current shareholder return at this oil price. They announced they were keeping their dividend steady in an effort to maintain stock price. I don't think they can do it.
Jet Black
aggiebonzo said:

Bought in last Friday at $483.00
fooz
Prognightmare said:

MARA seems to have found a bottom and SDC looks like a good re-entry at this price.
BTC turned around today, MARA is following it.
Ragoo
AG
aggiebonzo said:

only if you can push it over $510
TecRecAg
AG
NFLX green. Need a close above $490!
TecRecAg
AG
I've convinced myself this thing is a wounded duck kept only alive by Reddit and Yahoo Finance forums. I hope people get rich off of it but I just don't see it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TecRecAg said:

I've convinced myself this thing is a wounded duck kept only alive by Reddit and Yahoo Finance forums. I hope people get rich off of it but I just don't see it.
I'm with you. It's definitely lotto money for me. I have made some profit buying and selling the dips awhile back to lower my net cost basis, but I only kept money in it that I'm not afraid to lose.
TecRecAg
AG
Well, this is aggressive....

Repeater Bullish Flow Alert: NIO $0.655 NIO\Aug 28 C\19.00 $19k

Steady Bullish Flow Alert: NIO 14:48:33 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.4 15:00:07 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.43 15:07:12 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.43
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TecRecAg said:

Steady Bullish Flow Alert: NIO 14:48:33 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.4 15:00:07 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.43 15:07:12 NIO\Sep 25 C\29.00,0.43
My NIO\Sep 04 C\16.50 contracts support this message!
Brewmaster
AG
AgsnFly said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Anyone else getting back in on OSTK? It's dropped pretty good right now, I'm showing a $108 buy.

Edit: Just saw 30,000s post that he's in.

I bought a few hundred shares at 106ish earlier as a first time trade on this one. Have a tight stop but it's probably still stupid of me since there was a slight emotional FOMO at play for me, given that I completely missed out on the big move. Thinking I'll regret this one.
My vote? Hold for the break out of new all time highs. It's coming... credit suisse and B of A will announce guidance soon along with new PT's and news. This stock loves to shake weak hands out, load up retail shorts on the drop, then use them for fuel on the next rocket up.
Brewmaster
AG
TecRecAg said:

NIO tastic! 29!?? dayum.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
tsuag10 said:

NRD09 said:

tsuag10 said:

danger will robinson!!!
Everything I'm reading about early assignment tells me that it's not likely at all in this situation because there's still a lot of extrinsic value in the premium ($14.03 premium right now)

not early assignment, just continued growth of the underlying and expiration on the expiration date.
pair up the 275 and 285 as we know max loss on that pair is 1k. You are left with 2 naked 275 calls sold.
What if there's a short squeeze and FB goes to 500? Unlikely but those 2 calls get exercised at a cost of 22,500 each to you. It's possible that theta could help you out with the cost to buy those sold calls back, but if increase in stock price outpaces decay you can end up in a deeper and deeper hole.
I'm just offering my thoughts here because mcinnis, ragoo, prog, etc aren't at the moment...I just feel like I understand what's going on with your trade and it's more risk than I'd feel comfortable taking on
TecRecAg
AG
No **** I about spit up my drink when that came across. Daddy's headed to the PGA store if we get to $25 by then, let alone $29. Ha!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA is making a move back above 2000.
WoMD
Bob Knights Liver said:

TSLA is making a move back above 2000.

I sold at 2000. You're welcome.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'd like a little 2% run up in the next half hour. I have weekly flies and BWB around 2100 and 2125.
tsuag10
AG
NRD09 said:

tsuag10 said:

NRD09 said:

tsuag10 said:

danger will robinson!!!

not early assignment, just continued growth of the underlying and expiration on the expiration date.
pair up the 275 and 285 as we know max loss on that pair is 1k. You are left with 2 naked 275 calls sold.
What if there's a short squeeze and FB goes to 500? Unlikely but those 2 calls get exercised at a cost of 22,500 each to you. It's possible that theta could help you out with the cost to buy those sold calls back, but if increase in stock price outpaces decay you can end up in a deeper and deeper hole.
I'm just offering my thoughts here because mcinnis, ragoo, prog, etc aren't at the moment...I just feel like I understand what's going on with your trade and it's more risk than I'd feel comfortable taking on
I appreciate your advice.

I learn a lot on this thread, and I also learn a lot from making mistakes.

It cost me $120 to close that mess up. Total -$256 for the trade.

Mcinnis had it right at first: Don't create more risk by making an emotional decision.

I suppose the best play would have been to buy-to-close the 275s early, and then let the 270 and 280 run until this afternoon.

Thanks again.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'd like a little 2% run up in the next half hour. I have weekly flies and BWB around 2100 and 2125.
Watch closely tomorrow. Today is another inside day after an outside day. Price getting digested today. could be some big movement tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 2081 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.