Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,501 Views | 231802 Replies | Last: 2 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

59 South said:

NIO... told y'all it was buyable last week down in the $13s
You forgot to put the lanterns in the steeple to let us know.
Sorry bud, I'm just loaded and holding and busy these days.

This is a massive pennant breakout. Should be in the 20s soon.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
WoMD
Prognightmare said:

GOCO just sucks, that is all.

Yeah, GOCO and MARA are painful to watch, and to a lesser extent QD. Just holding my nose and trying to be patient...

I wish brokerage accounts had a "hide from view" option for stocks.
Boat Shoes
AG
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

OSTK is a gift.
and going to be the gift that keeps on giving here soon.

How are y'all playing this?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm buying more ostko of course..
tsuag10
AG
Soooo I might have a problem and I think I need advice on how to get out of a jam.

I have 2 FB butterflies 270/275/280 for 9/11

I bought them yesterday afternoon, checked them first thing this morning at the open and then left them alone. It blew past 275 and now I'm in the red.

I do not have the capital to buy my 4 275 calls back.

What are my options available now?

Do I open 4 275/280/285 flys?
Or should I do 4 275/280 spreads?
tsuag10
AG
McInnis 03
AG
tsuag10 said:

Soooo I might have a problem and I think I need advice on how to get out of a jam.

I have 2 FB butterflies 270/275/280 for 9/11

I bought them yesterday afternoon, checked them first thing this morning at the open and then left them alone. It blew past 275 and now I'm in the red.

I do not have the capital to buy my 4 275 calls back.

What are my options available now?

Do I open 4 275/280/285 flys?
Or should I do 4 275/280 spreads?

Some trade lose, you can close out the entire flies , or let them play out and see if it comes back in the range. Right now you're protected, if it keeps running past 280 you're fully covered , don't add risk by making other decisions based on emotion
astroaggie13
AG
In on some calls for ATVI, 2hr squeeze and lower timeframes are trending up.
Gig em Stros
bigbass1170
AG
CWH brutal today
SpeedyAg90
AG
So loaded up on some WDC calls while it's down, saw OA's twitter. Think he was talking about buy at these levels
Barty Dont Hedge
Anyone get in the DKNG 39C for Friday? Lots of action on Cheddar and trying to fire on the 5m Squeeze right now.

Edit: Most of the action is not on the 39C. That is just the one I picked. Action is 93% Calls but spread on different Strikes
tsuag10
AG
Too late. I was worried about being called out on my sold 275 calls. I'm obviously still very green on flys.

I opened another fly 275/280/285 and it broke my original fly, but now I'm stuck with what appears to me to be a damned mess. (See picture)

Is there a way out of this that doesn't involve just buying back the 275 calls?
spud1910
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

So loaded up on some WDC calls while it's down, saw OA's twitter. Think he was talking about buy at these levels
Which ones did you go with?
tsuag10
AG
I'm still not understanding the whole idea about selling calls on an underlying I don't hold, which is why I got worried.
Can someone explain why I am or am not at risk by holding those ITM contracts?
Is the worst that could happen is that I would be required to buy them back?
Brewmaster
AG
Boat Shoes said:

BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

OSTK is a gift.
and going to be the gift that keeps on giving here soon.

How are y'all playing this?
Long a lot of commons and bought some calls, but I'd go further out if you go with calls
ProgN
MARA seems to have found a bottom and SDC looks like a good re-entry at this price.
stxag8
AG
Getting close to buying back the ONTX sold yesterday at .35. At .296 right now
Ted Lasso
AG
SBUX rocket
TecRecAg
AG
8/28 82c up 100%+ in 25 minutes. Not terrible.

Also, NIO have yourself a day...
MaroonDynasty
CBAY gearing up for another run?

GOCO, will double my position once a clear bottom is set, easy growth long term winner.

ONTX they'll have another catalyst to go back up, good price to get in at.

BrokeAssAggie
Hope you are right about MARA
SpeedyAg90
AG
spud1910 said:

SpeedyAg90 said:

Which ones did you go with?

I went with 9/25 36C For .98. Hoping for 100% Return. Just to give you something to go off I know these calls were going for $2.00 this morning when it was running
ProgN
CrazyRichAggie said:

Been watching it and sellers seem to have dried up. I'd buy back in if GOCO wasn't kicking me in the nuts. I went too heavy into it.
stxag8
AG
ZOM taking off
McInnis 03
AG
tsuag10 said:

Too late. I was worried about being called out on my sold 275 calls. I'm obviously still very green on flys.

I opened another fly 275/280/285 and it broke my original fly, but now I'm stuck with what appears to me to be a damned mess. (See picture)

Is there a way out of this that doesn't involve just buying back the 275 calls?

Ok, so I have broken this up into two different ownerships.

A) You have a broken-wing butterfly consisting of the 270/275/285 call variety. This is actually a "bearish play" hoping the prices stays at 280 or below. Your max risk here is if the trade stays above 280, you're -$500 + whatever credit you may have received on the transaction. You can CLOSE this trade by "Sell to close 270, Buy to close 275 x2, sell to close 285". Expect to take a hit on that close if you want out.

B) You also have a long call spread, 270/275 that should be fully in the money right now.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Was it someone in this group that mentioned GAXY?

+42% today. Geez.
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Been watching it and sellers seem to have dried up. I'd buy back in if GOCO wasn't kicking me in the nuts. I went too heavy into it.
I feel like I'm in "no man's land" on MARA. I added in around $2.80 average and watched it fall this much. I feel like I shouldn't sell and wait due to losses, but I know it can go down to $.50 in a hurry.

I agree that it seems to be done selling off. I'm debating on doubling my position in hopes of breaking even on a rally, but I would definitely add a stop loss to avoid any potential pain of heading into the $1.XX range.

UpstateAg
AG
I go to lunch and come back to CVET up 7%. I'll take it as a long shareholder, but what happened? All I can find is that they donated hand sanitizer. Must have been that good stuff that kills you if you apply too much.

I'm on OSTK weeklies with y'all. Glutton for punishment or something like that.
McInnis 03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

+42% today. Geez.
you mentioned it first
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McInnis 03 said:

+42% today. Geez.
you mentioned it first
Oh lol. I really didn't remember that. Not just trying to make myself look good. SOMEONE had to have told me about it lol.
MaroonDynasty
MGNI just hit 8
tsuag10
AG
RH is basically treating them as individuals now, so they aren't connected as an "3-order option strategy" like before. I could execute this like you said, but I would just have to sell my calls and then buy the 275s.

Or, could I sell my 270 and 285 calls at today's peak, and then keep the 275s open for a few more days and let theta (and possibly the market) draw down their value a bit before I close?
AgsnFly
AG

Anyone else getting back in on OSTK? It's dropped pretty good right now, I'm showing a $108 buy.

Edit: Just saw 30,000s post that he's in.

I bought a few hundred shares at 106ish earlier as a first time trade on this one. Have a tight stop but it's probably still stupid of me since there was a slight emotional FOMO at play for me, given that I completely missed out on the big move. Thinking I'll regret this one.
McInnis 03
AG
tsuag10 said:

RH is basically treating them as individuals now, so they aren't connected as an "3-order option strategy" like before. I could execute this like you said, but I would just have to sell my calls and then buy the 275s.

Or, could I sell my 270 and 285 calls at today's peak, and then keep the 275s open for a few more days and let theta (and possibly the market) draw down their value a bit before I close?

Can't you do a custom, multi leg transaction?
TecRecAg
AG
Ugh. Sold my dang FB Sept 280s too damn early. Got 100% but still.. at 200% now.

Oh well, still have Oct 300
First Page Last Page
Page 2080 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.