Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,813 Views | 231780 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WoMD said:

FJ43 said:

Any thoughts on MARA at $2.31?

Other than tears and fetal position...?
Same here...held off on buying more at the $2.30 mark. Will see what direction it takes from here.
Ted Lasso
AG
SBUX looks primed for a pop
McInnis 03
AG
Trying to determine if username checks out.

You don't know anything about pork bellies or sausage do you?
Ted Lasso
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Trying to determine if username checks out.

You don't know anything about pork bellies or sausage do you?
Sausages are the wurst. Newbie around here
HoustonAg2014
AG
khaos288 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

khaos288 said:

A lot of insider buying on PSX. I took a half lot stake this morning, and it's up decently.

Not saying that this is the reason why, but August is when the stock incentive program kicks in for PSX. I used to work there so I always had that timing in my head.

So kind of saying that's the reason why lol. It might be other things but most likely stock incentive kicked in today for all employees including the big dogs.
Does that timing coincide with what's here? I see some in June as well

https://www.thelincolnianonline.com/2020/08/23/phillips-66-nysepsx-director-buys-92175-00-in-stock.html

John doesn't work for the company so I am not sure how that works. I know employees get theirs every 6 months so you would expect June but I always remember it being delayed a couple months so it fell more like August and February/March.

I am guessing that John Lowe was just buying and had to report it because he is an insider. He is also chairman of the board at Apache I believe and also on TransCanada's board.

Just some thoughts when looking at the insider stuff.
Touchless
AG
Quote:

Competition was fierce under $0.28 for shares. I had a 3 million share order on with only 10000 showing and refreshing. You do that so if it sells under what you show because of larger market sells you benefit from lower fills on the refresh. You also can miss on a full order fill. But I love doing it that way.

Never know once market opens if we revisit or value buying shoots it up so if we make $0.35 or close premarket I take some quick gains and be prepared to buy.
Was hoping you may still respond to this as I'm still trying to learn it and wondering what I'm missing.

Question for you on ONTX.

With this significant of a drop in price, I imagine they will close below $1 for the next couple of weeks at a minimum at which point they will have to announce a plan for how to get back above $1. Since they no longer have this drug they were confident in to get them back there organically, I assume it's more likely they will end up announcing a split which tends to drive the price down further again.

Are your purchases now strictly to try and get a bounce back in the price this week to recover some of the losses from the drop in price today? I know your average cost is pretty low as it was so you may still be positive overall anyway, but the 70% drop is still a huge drop in overall value. You already kind of answered this with other general comments.

Is there something I'm missing or do you still think it can bet back to $1 to be in good standing? I'm not aware of any of their other trials announcing anything in the near future.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Prognightmare said:

I think it's safe to say that FOMO is in full effect now.

Yes sir so buy buy buy

AOA's balances thank you....
Brewmaster
AG
historyrepeats said:

SBUX looks primed for a pop
lots of flow on it today...80C if I remember right and 8/28.
thirdcoast
AG
I like the idea of hedging on SPXS Jan $8 calls OA and others have mentioned. Should be able to load up between .30-.70 leading up to what is sure to be the craziest election in US history. Hard to see Powell not backsteping when a vaccine comes out and S&P is at ATH.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Is there anything those two aren't going to raise taxes on?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Bonfire1996
AG
FED chair Powell to deliver "historic" and "profoundly consequential" speech from annual conference in Jackson Hole on Thursday.

The gist is the FED is going to take action to spur significant inflation to prevent a Japan situation of low growth, low inflation.

I'll be they become buyers of certain, cornerstone stocks that impact the global economy. If so, the impact could be incredible.

By spurring inflation, the FED is banking on significant enough capital gains from stakeholders in business and investing to cash out and take further risk.

Treasury yields should crater in the short term and the race to find yield in the market will hit a new stride.
ProgN
Salesforce, Amgen and Honeywell added to Dow in major shake-up to the average
KT 90
AG

bigbass1170
AG
PFE, XOM, RTX out of Dow
Aggie09Derek
AG
They need to just change how the DIJA is weighted or get off of using it at all. Who the hell cares about that # besides the media?

Changes needed due to Apple splitting...pretty dumb.
McInnis 03
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

FED chair Powell to deliver "historic" and "profoundly consequential" speech from annual conference in Jackson Hole on Thursday.

The gist is the FED is going to take action to spur significant inflation to prevent a Japan situation of low growth, low inflation.

I'll be they become buyers of certain, cornerstone stocks that impact the global economy. If so, the impact could be incredible.

By spurring inflation, the FED is banking on significant enough capital gains from stakeholders in business and investing to cash out and take further risk.

Treasury yields should crater in the short term and the race to find yield in the market will hit a new stride.

Translation for us dummies?

Buy stonks?
Fireman
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Buy stonks?
Buy Bitcoin, gold or silver.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
here's the article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/powell-set-to-deliver-profoundly-consequential-speech-changing-how-the-fed-views-inflation.html

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the translation, by the way, is "buy everything". This is acknowledgement that a huge bubble is about to get created here and they DGAF if or when it pops. I think the fed will ask for congressional approval to buy stocks.

What else could the fed possibly do besides put rates below zero and print, print, print? They buy stocks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
you can never control the short term reaction, but may not be a bad idea to bet big on SPY 350C.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

you can never control the short term reaction, but may not be a bad idea to bet big on SPY 350C.

Yes. Also should we discuss possible targets for Fed buying? AAPL, BA, BAC, XOM? Maybe F?
khaos288
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Yes. Also should we discuss possible targets for Fed buying? AAPL, BA, BAC, XOM? Maybe F?

BA is the most sure fire
ProgN

the translation, by the way, is "buy everything". This is acknowledgement that a huge bubble is about to get created here and they DGAF if or when it pops. I think the fed will ask for congressional approval to buy stocks.

What else could the fed possibly do besides put rates below zero and print, print, print? They buy stocks.
No way the dems grant them that before the election. They need the market to correct because 401Ks are rocking right now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Actually that would give them a huge sell to main street that Trump and the Republicans are only in it for the upper class. In my opinion it would be a very bad move from campaign strategy for Republicans. If I were Democrats I would willingly agree to let the Republicans give them this gift.
ProgN
The progressives are anti-corporation and their base would crucify them if they did.
BoydCrowder13
I get the vibe that there is some Trump pulling of strings going on behind the scenes.

Craziness that we are in a recession, the market is at an all time high and the Fed is going to continue with massive buying. Gotta be with Nov in mind.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
But they don't have to do it. If this is the plan all they have to do is not fight it too hard and blame Republicans. I'll stop now since this is the wrong board, but if they did this it would really make me uneasy about November.
Ragoo
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

I get the vibe that there is some Trump pulling of strings going on behind the scenes.

Craziness that we are in a recession, the market is at an all time high and the Fed is going to continue with massive buying. Gotta be with Nov in mind.
recession?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

But they don't have to do it. If this is the plan all they have to do is not fight it too hard and blame Republicans. I'll stop now since this is the wrong board, but if they did this it would really make me uneasy about November.
This is all fake. You all know it too. Deep down, everybody knows that Apple shouldn't have added $355B in market cap in just August. Everybody knows Tesla has no business having a $375B market cap on $25B in revenue with a $1,000 P/E and $2 EPS. They can have all the growth in China they want. GM has $140B in revenue and a $40B market cap. Nobody believes there can even be a 10% correction. You know what is going to happen - we're going to wake up one day and there will be no buyers, then there will be desperation to sell, then a fund blows up, and you know the rest.
Brewmaster
AG

9/4? or you thinking even this week? might be a good opportunity to McFly it too!
Brewmaster
AG
in light of the chatter of the Fed bazooka... Irish used to post these. Here's his boy Walrus, predicting 4000 by end of the year.

gig em 02

Bob Knights Liver said:

This is all fake. You all know it too. Deep down, everybody knows that Apple shouldn't have added $355B in market cap in just August. Everybody knows Tesla has no business having a $375B market cap on $25B in revenue with a $1,000 P/E and $2 EPS. They can have all the growth in China they want. GM has $140B in revenue and a $40B market cap. Nobody believes there can even be a 10% correction. You know what is going to happen - we're going to wake up one day and there will be no buyers, then there will be desperation to sell, then a fund blows up, and you know the rest.

I'm in, but when? I've already lost too much buying puts.
E
AG
Fireman said:

McInnis 03 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Buy stonks?
Buy Bitcoin, gold or silver.

Buy Bitcoin... this means MARA goes up?!?!
Cartographer
I won't fully derail here but, the party elite will love the growth of their wealth and continue to disregard the progressives.

Their base is being fully fleeced by the street and I get why they are mad but either way, the dems will use these points to suck more money out of small donors and laugh at their million dollar dinners.

So we buy the stocks make our money.

/end derail. sorry you hit a nerve with me and the dem hypocrisy.
jj9000
AG

Bob Knights Liver said:

Welcome back.
First Page Last Page
Page 2077 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.