Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,475 Views | 231779 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

you can never control the short term reaction, but may not be a bad idea to bet big on SPY 350C.
9/4? or you thinking even this week? might be a good opportunity to McFly it too!

Presser is Thursday. Too risky unless they get to lotto prices. I would do 9/4 or 9/11, but cut quickly. I need to price these tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I didn't go anywhere. I am trading long right now to capitalize, but to paraphrase Buffett, midnight is coming for Cinderella's ball and many won't know the clock has struck 12.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
McInnis 03
AG

BREwmaster said:

you can never control the short term reaction, but may not be a bad idea to bet big on SPY 350C.
9/4? or you thinking even this week? might be a good opportunity to McFly it too!

Presser is Thursday. Too risky unless they get to lotto prices. I would do 9/4 or 9/11, but cut quickly. I need to price these tomorrow.

Call bwb, break the top wing imo
JRizzle
Proposition Joe
Just go read zerohedge - he's been saying it's the financial end times for 20 years now.
Baby Billy
AG
Quote:

we're going to wake up one day and there will be no buyers

This has literally never happened before
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I remember October 2008 and I remember April 2000 really clearly as well. The April 2000 sell off was scary. It started on a Monday with what looked like rotation trade from tech to others, and then it accelerated. The talk that Monday was that tech stocks were overbought and just needed to cool off a little bit. It got worse the entire week. At work on that Friday afternoon, you could look around the office and see depression settling in. It was brutal and there was no BTMFD. In hindsight, the dead cat bounce afterwards brought a lot of temporarily relief and crushed hopes and dreams. I didn't trust tech again until 2005.

Not saying this will happen here, but the aggressive, no relief upward move is similar. A reconnect with the monthly 8EMA would be a massive correction.

Ehrmantraut - they sold because they had to. Margin requirements.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Anyway, enough bearish talk. I hope my AAPL 510C bring home the bacon tomorrow.
MROD92
Is it almost time to buy ONTX again?
oldarmy1
AG
WDC. We 'accumulated at another bottom. To seal that deal bidaskclub downgraded it this morning to a Strong sell. That's right. Those savants of stock picking geniuses who issued a strong sell of ROKU at $59 are back with more sage investment alerts.

Did they issue that strong sell at any time from above $48 along the way to under $34? Nope! They waited until a bottom reversal to help out big money buyers get some hand-wringers to fold and miss out on the bottom.

They should be shot

ProgN
I hate firms that do those practices and they should be investigated and prosecuted. They'll come out with strong buy on stocks setting ATHs
McInnis 03
AG
Well kids, mostly I play engineer in life, but I pretend to be a stock market guy on the side and play options.....my third role in life is hurricane afficianado. I may not be on much today, may have to head up home early and board up, it's looking more and more like Houston is gonna take a punch on the nose (long #HD, long $LOW).

Last word? I think the rotation goes into full affect today, watch JPM, C, BAC, CCL, UAL, LUV, etc......it'll have 1-2 more days in it.
Harkrider 93
AG
Ragoo said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

I get the vibe that there is some Trump pulling of strings going on behind the scenes.

Craziness that we are in a recession, the market is at an all time high and the Fed is going to continue with massive buying. Gotta be with Nov in mind.
recession?
Technically, we are in a recession. Fun fact for you - this is the fifth time we have hit an all time high while in a recession.
KT 90
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Well kids, mostly I play engineer in life, but I pretend to be a stock market guy on the side and play options.....my third role in life is hurricane afficianado. I may not be on much today, may have to head up home early and board up, it's looking more and more like Houston is gonna take a punch on the nose (long #HD, long $LOW).

Last word? I think the rotation goes into full affect today, watch JPM, C, BAC, CCL, UAL, LUV, etc......it'll have 1-2 more days in it.

Take care and best of luck to you.

FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Be safe and prayers for you and your family.
Rice and Fries
https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ig2w5s/the_most_serious_dd_youll_see_for_quite_a_while/

Commercial Commodity traders were net short 46,000 contracts of SLV. Do we think this is the week they explode and start covering?

Sorry for the WSB linkage, but the post has some quality merits.
fooz
MARA dipped to 2.15 pre-market.
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ig2w5s/the_most_serious_dd_youll_see_for_quite_a_while/

Commercial Commodity traders were net short 46,000 contracts of SLV. Do we think this is the week they explode and start covering?

I'm not saying he's right but look at the open interest on the OCT 30call for SLV
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Rice and Fries said:

I'm not saying he's right but look at the open interest on the OCT 30call for SLV

It's over 140,000. Holy. Poop. Balls.
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

McInnis 03 said:

Rice and Fries said:

It's over 140,000. Holy. Poop. Balls.
I can't believe i"m going to listen to WSB but I'm going to buy some 1cent 50-cent debit spreads here for this week just in case.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

I can see you doing this.
SpeedyAg90
AG
So what exactly is the idea here?
AgsnFly
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Commercial commodity traders are generally hedging the physical commodities that they produce. The futures contracts provide them financial certainty and they are not short; thus have no reason to cover. The exception would be if they are somehow delta short due to production problems or higher costs to produce.
TecRecAg
AG
added

BAC 25.5 P 8/28
WKHS 17 C 9/4
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
good luck McInnis.
Ted Lasso
AG
sold 2/3 of yesterdays buy SBUX Sept $80 calls to get all invested money + some back. Letting rest roll
jtmoney03
AG
I do think HD and LOW are interesting. Never played the storms before, but going to take a chance here.

HD 300 C 9/4
LOW 175 C 9/4
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OSTK is a gift.
Baby Billy
AG
Soooo I had GOCO $17.50 Sept Calls that were up 100%, let them ride into earnings last week hoping it would beat and explode to $20+...they're now down to about $0.10 each.

Lesson to always go net free and don't get greedy.
59 South
AG
NIO... told y'all it was buyable last week down in the $13s
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
TecRecAg
AG
Should have backed up the truck instead of *****footing around and only buying a few Sept 15C
ProgN
59 South said:

NIO... told y'all it was buyable last week down in the $13s
You forgot to put the lanterns in the steeple to let us know.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone else getting back in on OSTK? It's dropped pretty good right now, I'm showing a $108 buy.

Edit: Just saw 30,000s post that he's in.
First Page Last Page
Page 2078 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.