Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,967,650 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Boat Shoes said:

McInnis 03 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/08/05/houston-methodist-reports-rapid-recovery-of-covid-19-patients-with-new-drug/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2&__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR2_vE-YVA0uXv_mjW4qPZhZVuH5fhBY3ps4nrvBu6mNkmg24pu6WTdsdYQ

Y'all, I'm not saying to invest here.....but this drug apparently is doing things and the stock is .1665

$RLFTF

Worth a gamble at that price I'd think?
I'm throwing a couple hundy on it hoping the story gets traction.
I'll ride with you for some change, but not going hard.
deadbq03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

McInnis 03 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/08/05/houston-methodist-reports-rapid-recovery-of-covid-19-patients-with-new-drug/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2&__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR2_vE-YVA0uXv_mjW4qPZhZVuH5fhBY3ps4nrvBu6mNkmg24pu6WTdsdYQ

Y'all, I'm not saying to invest here.....but this drug apparently is doing things and the stock is .1665

$RLFTF

Sucks that it's foreign. $50 commission for me on Fidelity.
McInnis 03
AG
0708aggie said:

OK guys,

6 contracts of ETSY at 3.36. Currently at 9.65. Go net free and sell two contracts and roll into earnings?

Edit to say calls 8/7 130 strike.
I know you sold half and are letting the other half ride, but here is what I'd do to take even more risk off. Sell 3 contracts above your strike and pocket that, creating call spreads.

Ie: you have 3- 130's. Sell 3-140's or 145's, whatever your interested in. The premium will NEVER be higher.
If the earnings tank it, you keep your premium and sell whatever is left of your call spreads if anything

If the earnings rocket it, you can then decide to close the call spreads, let them expire fully ITM if you're so fortunate

OR

you can sell the upper side spread and create butterflies, pocket more premium and see where it takes you.
cjo03
AG
Anyone still holding their HEAR bags? hit $20 today...
djmeen95
AG
deadbq03 said:

Boat Shoes said:

McInnis 03 said:

$RLFTF

Sucks that it's foreign. $50 commission for me on Fidelity.

Yep. Hit with same. But in for a bet. If this thing doubles it'll cover that fee. Lol.
0708aggie
AG
I feel like I need someone to hold my hand if I make that trade.

So your saying sell to open ("put) ETSY 8/7 $145. Currently at 3.45.

Whats the exit strategy?
McInnis 03
AG
RSP pumping UNGS, jumping on board. Ethereum blockchain play apparently.
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

this and btch i can't buy on fidelity
McInnis 03
AG
0708aggie said:

Whats the exit strategy?

If ETSY is at 140 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls way in the money, and sell my puts in the money as well?

If ETSY is at 150 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls way in the money, sell puts to slow the bleed?

If ETSY is at 100 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls or let expire worthless, sell puts way in the money?
No no no.

Firstly, if you're this confused, DO NOT EXECUTE. I prefer people fully understand before executing actions involving their money.

This is how I'd execute though just so you can learn.

I own qty 3 130c's.
I sell to open 3 140c's.

his creates a qty 3 +130/-140c spread. Max profit = $1000 per spread if stock > 140 at expy.

If the stock rockets to 145 after earnings. I look at selling the -140c/+150C spread on the opposite side 3 times to take in more premium (say $5.00 per contract?) and I'm then protected from $130 all the way to $150. I then decide how to end it on Friday, possibly closing one side of the spread near end of day or selling the entire thing.
Rice and Fries
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

same
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This escalated very quickly
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Same. Wtf. I've traded pink sheets on Fidelity prior.
0708aggie
AG
Yeah not entering that. I would need to paper trade that first to understand it.
Rice and Fries
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Same. Wtf. I've traded pink sheets on Fidelity prior.
I wonder if its cause its below 0.01? idk ive traded pinks too and its like a $50 order Im trying to place...eff off fidelity
McInnis 03
AG
Indeed. Knowing when NOT to get in is more important than knowing when TO get in. I hope ETSY flies for you.
AgCPA95
AG
Rice and Fries said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

same
$6.95 on TDA if you want to communicate your disappointment to Fidelity.
AgShaun00
AG
i bought plenty of pink sheets before on fidelity, but i guess some are flagged.
0708aggie
AG
This is where a teams portal or something would be great that we could hop on chats/non-video calls to run through mock trades.
leoj
AG
To follow up on LVGO, this is a company that was flying, highest rev growth in my watch list that is in healthcare market and tech. And it just sold itself for only a 10% premium to a company that is only tangentially related when they have a huge TAM in front of them and we are at the start of a continued digital revolution? I don't get it.
0708aggie
AG
Can someone get APPL to get its crap in order. My 450 weekly is a loser right now.
Rice and Fries
0708aggie said:

This is where a teams portal or something would be great that we could hop on chats/non-video calls to run through mock trades.
We've got a slack channel that YukMonkey set up.
Brewmaster
AG
cjo03 said:

Anyone still holding their HEAR bags? hit $20 today...
COOP says hello! it almost doubled in the last month. Wish I'd bought some a month ago!
McInnis 03
AG
Apparently DDTG pumped UNGS, hence, .009
AGSmith
AG
Is anyone still in SNSS? Is it worth selling the Oct $1c for .10 or the Jan 1c for .15? I could effectively reduce my basis by 1/3 or 1/2, respectively
BreNayPop
AG
Im still in it. Going nowhere fast
Spaceship
AG
AGSmith said:

Is anyone still in SNSS? Is it worth selling the Oct $1c for .10 or the Jan 1c for .15? I could effectively reduce my basis by 1/3 or 1/2, respectively

I'm still in on it.
Brewmaster
AG
any of you get into OSTKO? still trading at a discount to OSTK and will eventually pass it. Algos can't touch OSTKO and it is the digital preferred of OSTK.
JH06
Advice Needed

I purchased 1 contract of AMD Oct 16 $50 calls on July 8th for $900. With their recent run it is now at $3600.

Should I close and take my profits? Keep Holding? Or is there an option play to collect some premiums now and hedge?
Rice and Fries
JH06 said:

Advice Needed

I purchased 1 contract of AMD Oct 16 $50 calls on July 8th for $900. With their recent run it is now at $3600.

Should I close and take my profits? Keep Holding? Or is there an option play to collect some premiums now and hedge?
Take gains bro. Take gains.
KT 90
AG
Spaceship said:

AGSmith said:

I'm still in on it.

They did a stock offering a week ago or so that dropped the price. It's been on a gradual climb since then. OA got back in after the offering caused the price to fall.

PPAag06
AG
Take gains! If you still like the upside, roll it out to a higher underlying price and get your cost back down to a level you are comfortable with.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

0708aggie said:

Whats the exit strategy?

If ETSY is at 140 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls way in the money, and sell my puts in the money as well?

If ETSY is at 150 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls way in the money, sell puts to slow the bleed?

If ETSY is at 100 opening tomorrow, I sell my calls or let expire worthless, sell puts way in the money?
No no no.

Firstly, if you're this confused, DO NOT EXECUTE. I prefer people fully understand before executing actions involving their money.

This is how I'd execute though just so you can learn.

I own qty 3 130c's.
I sell to open 3 140c's.

his creates a qty 3 +130/-140c spread. Max profit = $1000 per spread if stock > 140 at expy.

If the stock rockets to 145 after earnings. I look at selling the -140c/+150C spread on the opposite side 3 times to take in more premium (say $5.00 per contract?) and I'm then protected from $130 all the way to $150. I then decide how to end it on Friday, possibly closing one side of the spread near end of day or selling the entire thing.

investopedia has good explanations of all these scenarios. Think this is a bull call spread? Diagonal? Something like that...
I like to think about what each part of the trade means and what happens to each in all potential scenarios and that helps me understand.
you have the right to purchase shares at 130. You can sell someone the right to purchase shares from you at 140 (sell 140c same exp). This also gives you an obligation to sell those shares if they get exercised.

If you hit expiration between 130 and 140, the 140 call you sold expires worthless, you keep the premium you received when you sold it. The 130 is ITM and you can exercise and buy the shares, or sell the call before expiration (and buy back your 140 immediately!!! The 130c protects you if the 140 gets exercised)

If you hit expiration above 140, the 140c gets exercised, your broker exercises the 130s for you, and you get paid the $10/shr...max profit (this is how TD does it). Selling the upper call limits your upside

If the stock tanks and expires below 130 both options expire worthless but you still keep the premium from selling the 140.

Worst case is expiration between 130 and 140, the 140 expires worthless and your broker settles by assigning you the shares. Never happened to me, I've been told you have a couple days to work it out if that happens. Worst worst case you get assigned the shares at 130 and the stock tanks monday and you have to sell them for less than 130.

Anyway, it's a pretty low risk proposition. I wouldn't be scared if I were you. Also good work on that trade so far!
gougler08
AG
Oh hey MOMO
AgsnFly
AG
leoj said:

jet99 said:

What's driving LVGO down? Is there bad news on the deal? Seems like a buying opportunity on the surface if the potential purchase price is $159.

I think it's a bad deal. I'll keep an eye on combined results moving forward but I exited both. Really pissed at the hit I took but decent profit in TDOC and great returns in lvgo. I don't see the synergies at the moment.

Not an all cash deal and the street punished TDOC.
I heard 500m synergies.
AgShaun00
AG
JH06 said:

Advice Needed

sell it and then roll initial investment back in for another option if you want to play still and keep profit.
First Page Last Page
Page 1978 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.