Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,465 Views | 224595 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by texagbeliever
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rice and Fries said:

0708aggie said:

This is where a teams portal or something would be great that we could hop on chats/non-video calls to run through mock trades.
We've got a slack channel that YukMonkey set up.
Yep - starting to get a little action on there. Ping me if you want the invite.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
What the heck is slack? Am I officially old now for not knowing this?
Proposition Joe
Little late to the game posting about it, but William Hill opened up an in-arena betting window in a U.S. Arena: https://monumentalsports.com/2020/08/william-hill-officially-opens-first-ever-sports-book-within-a-u-s-sports-complex-at-capital-one-arena-in-washington-d-c/?fbclid=IwAR2aUMomUTQMKrkUt3a6D-CAaci-E9CsYytlBC6UWk2-niMaQ1p9oo7gsJ4]https://monumentalsports.com/2020/08/william-hill-officially-opens-first-ever-sports-book-within-a-u-s-sports-complex-at-capital-one-arena-in-washington-d-c/?fbclid=IwAR2aUMomUTQMKrkUt3a6D-CAaci-E9CsYytlBC6UWk2-niMaQ1p9oo7gsJ4

I got in at $5.50 but I still think there's room to run.

More of a long-term play, but one of the only avenues that live sports will have in the next 10 years to continue to thrive is via gambling options. Interest in just going to watch the game will plummet, but gambling will boost it at least in the short-term depending on if they force attendance. The companies that make the league deals (DKNG) and venue deals (William Hill) will prosper.
Betoisafurry
It's a chat service. On an app.
0708aggie
AG
Nice bounceback by W (Wayfair). Hopefully the bulls keep pushing this above 300.
McInnis 03
AG
0708aggie said:

Nice bounceback by W (Wayfair). Hopefully the bulls keep pushing this above 300.
You're welcome. Closed the 295/310/325 this morning for an itty bitty teeny tiny profit.
McInnis 03
AG
Check out this infographic
0708aggie
AG
Another thought, should I roll my calls further out? Say Sept on ETSY?
TriumphForks
AG
Looks like an inverse H&S is forming on the MGNI daily chart. Could be poised for a rip on earnings (hopefully)
texagbeliever
gap fill incoming...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

any of you get into OSTKO? still trading at a discount to OSTK and will eventually pass it. Algos can't touch OSTKO and it is the digital preferred of OSTK.
Me.
0708aggie
AG
I have it but cant sell inside my platform. (Merrill Edge)
khaos288
AG
My hundreds of ostk shares would be pretty sweet atm
Chef Elko
AG
Wtf SQ. Wish my limit filled now. Woof
gig em 02
Danwell Home said:

Wtf SQ. Wish my limit filled now. Woof

Took a 8/21 155C from 2 to 11, still holding one more just to see what happens the next couple weeks. I think we will get a pullback Friday or early next week, I think the big name earnings help keep things propped up.
cgh1999
AG
Bought rftlf for 0.17 and sold half an hour later for 0.20. Easy money
khkman22
AG
JH06 said:

Advice Needed

I purchased 1 contract of AMD Oct 16 $50 calls on July 8th for $900. With their recent run it is now at $3600.

Should I close and take my profits? Keep Holding? Or is there an option play to collect some premiums now and hedge?
My opinion, in this situation, is that you should make the decision based on what you would do if you were holding shares instead of options. The extrinsic value is $.25-.50 looking at the bid ask spread on the option. At the time of looking the stock was $84.97 and option was $35.25/$35.50 bid/ask.

Normally on an option two months out you would have a little more time value baked in. But in this situation you only have $.50 to lose on time value. So if you think the stock will go to $90-95 in that time frame, hold the options. If you think it will pull back to $75 by that date, sell them.

Now, if the stock was at $85 and the option was at $45 today, you would have $10 of extrinsic value and you would have to weigh in the time decay more so because even if the stock was $95 on 10/16, you gained nothing from holding it instead of selling it today because the value on 10/16 would still be $45.

In my opinion, you're better off setting a stop loss and seeing if it runs a little more. Somebody can correct me if my thinking is wrong.
txaggie_08
AG
Anyone following CWH today? I bought in Monday, sold yesterday at a small profit as it dipped and then bought back in at a lower price. Up almost $3 today with earnings coming this evening.

Deciding if I should sell before close or hold until tomorrow?
0708aggie
AG
I have a limit sell at 0.34 for a double.
khaos288
AG
0708aggie said:

I had a quick in and out, so you should be good to go
cgh1999
AG
khaos288 said:

0708aggie said:

I had a quick in and out, so you should be good to go

I sold, so it's going to the moon.
0708aggie
AG
RUN BABY RUN!!
ContinentalAg
cgh1999 said:

I bought at 0.19 and now at 0.25. The drug sounds very promising.
ContinentalAg
Make that 0.29. Wow
0708aggie
AG
ton of volume coming in.
McKinney Ag69
AG
ContinentalAg said:

cgh1999 said:

Thanks for sharing on the front end of your trade guys. Thought we were all trying to make some dough here. A rising tide raises all boats.
0708aggie
AG
this was posted hours ago brosef.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ContinentalAg said:

cgh1999 said:

+85%.

Also took a flyer on it when mentioned earlier in this thread. Will go back in a bit to see who originally brought it up and thank em. (for now, maybe I wont a day or two from now lol)
0708aggie
AG
McInnis brought it up.
Maedan86
AG
BREwmaster said:

any of you get into OSTKO? still trading at a discount to OSTK and will eventually pass it. Algos can't touch OSTKO and it is the digital preferred of OSTK.
I looked at when you first mentioned it - it was at 54.50 2 or 3 days ago, Didn't get in b/c volume was so dang low. Heck I still might though
Carlo4
AG
0708aggie said:

McInnis brought it up.
Got in at $.17 and sold out around .21 for a nice profit... checked it and couldn't believe it near .30. thanks for the heads up... lots of money made today!
McKinney Ag69
AG
0708aggie said:

McInnis brought it up.
As I was. Sorry must have missed it getting tied up at work.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
@McInnis, U DA MAN.

I know nothing about this company . Is this a short term play or is there long term substance here?
khaos288
AG
I can sell the rest of mine if everyone paypals me 5$
0708aggie
AG
promising drug to fight COVID. Positive results from a double lung transplant victim, removed from vents after 4 days.
First Page Last Page
Page 1979 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.