Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,398,551 Views | 225492 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by ProgN
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is beautiful man.
McInnis 03
AG
59 South said:

That is beautiful man.
not yet it isn't. hopefully in a few days
aggiedaniel06
AG
59, you want to see how price action is used to lie to you. Look at the AMZN daily candle yesterday. Long tail to close above the 8 EMA. Super bullish right?

I bet a bunch of people bought AMZN calls at close yesterday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am trying to steal premium from people right now.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Ballsy! Selling options in this market is dangerous!
KT 90
AG
Touchless said:

So for ONTX, what is the timeline that they have to get back above $1? I know that's still the expectation, but haven't heard much about it since they opted out of the RS. I'm considering buying more with the price being lower than what I was able to get in at, but curious what the board thinks on it.

I don't know the answer on the date, but I'd assume they would look at the reverse split again if the price is not going to make it to $1 on its own. For the past month, the price has mostly ranged between .54 and .60

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

well, i'm doing it the right way with spreads.
Rice and Fries
aggiedaniel06 said:

59, you want to see how price action is used to lie to you. Look at the AMZN daily candle yesterday. Long tail to close above the 8 EMA. Super bullish right?

Hello, I was one of them.
gig em 02
ehrmantraut said:

It'll be really really difficult for WFC to go much lower than this. We may never see it around 22 or 23 ever again. It doesn't look great right now, but this is a no brainer long term buy
binsy
AG
I'm so happy I sold those AMZN calls when I did.

Does anyone have a take on Netflix's earnings call tomorrow? I'm tempted to buy some $490 7/31 puts.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Still holding?

If so, you have to cross your fingers that money flows back from value into tech tomorrow and Friday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
gougler08 said:

maroon19 said:

so its rising because other airlines are in a worse position moving forward? I know LUV has the strongest balance sheet out of the major airlines and are mainly domestic so that all makes sense to me. I figured they would be slumping in the high twenty-low thirty range rather than keep rising though
AAL and UAL are up a higher % today than LUV so a strong day for the airlines it seems (not sure driver outside of they're all beaten down and they will have some good days)

My take on the market reaction to the airlines - it's one of these three or a combination of them:
1) The DAL 2Q earnings were bad, but maybe not missed estimates by as much as some were afraid of. This might be a case of "the Devil you know" regarding DAL and other airlines. If we get back to 50% of travel plus the streamlining these companies are doing plus the Fed money if that makes them worth 50% of pre-covid highs that represents a big upside for the ones that stay solvent.
2) The poor earnings and guidance might be seen as more chance for Fed prop of airlines to keep at least most major US airlines out of bankruptcy. So maybe this is bad long term but gives hope for another shorter term bounce from Fed $$$ like we had in June.
3) This is big money sucking retail back in on airlines so they can get out.
Rice and Fries
aggiedaniel06 said:

Still holding?

If so, you have to cross your fingers that money flows back from value into tech tomorrow and Friday.
Indeed. My option is through Jan 2021, so I've got some time on my side for the trade. I still think Tech will lead us to the tendies.
Ragoo
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

just curious what data do you see that tells a different story indicating direction?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Spread trading 101:

I could use a little real world advice for spread trading. This morning I bought 1 SPY$323C and 1 SPY$319P, both for 7/17. At different times during today I could have sold the C or the P for 25%+. However I didnt since the initial plan was to lose 100% on one while Tue other covers plus profit. I don't have a good feel for these at all, which is why I'm dipping toes here. Should I have sold each when they were profitable, with the risk that I limited that contact's upside and then lose all or most of the investment on the other contract? Or am I playing this correctly? Please talk to me like I'm 5 and let me know how to play this so I can join in tue spread fun and profits.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Rice and Fries said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

funny, i sold calls. lol. I'm way up now and may buy to close, though.
TecRecAg
AG
People will play this differently, but I would have sold when either hit 25% and kept the other. If we go sideways for 2 days you're going to be out 100% on both.
Rice and Fries
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Rice and Fries said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

funny, i sold calls. lol. I'm way up now and may buy to close, though.
"Hey you a**hole, I want my money back! You sold me a bag of Bezos tricks!"

Jk jk. but really I am down almost $1k right now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
See that's how I would typically look at these, but in the past when I've done that I've had trouble with the profit from one not offsetting the losses on the other. And then once I'm out it runs to 330 or 313 and I'm sitting there holding my C and feeling like a P.
TecRecAg
AG
Although you're buying the C and P at the same time, always think about it as selling them separately. SPY can be volatile and break in any direction. So as it moves closer to the C and you're in the green, ride the wave and sell. After that, assuming you have enough time before exp, I'm willing to bet SPY breaks south to where you get green on your P. If you're green on both, it's a WIN.

And if it breaks so far in one direction that profit is unobtainable on the other side, then you probably made enough to offset the loss.

Edit: Still extremely new to this so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Just how I view things.
gougler08
AG
LADR showing well off the hammer technical from last week, through the 8 and 21 EMA today
TecRecAg
AG
Hopped on a cheap DAL 717 30C at .33. Trying to make some quick money. Let's see if it'll show me some love.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

well, i'm doing it the right way with spreads.
Nice! I added a spy put spread and a call spread today. Any big move and I'll bank some profit.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
if we believe the "kangaroo market" I think you'd want to sell either one when it hits 25% or whatever you feel good about right away, before theta starts wearing it down.

What was your thought in buying it? That we'd either keep running or gap fill today after last night's hard break? The few times I've had success with these I've bought them right before close. If you opened it this morning and we didn't move far/fast enough in either direction, you might be better off selling it then buying it back before close (or a half hour before close and maybe catch a quick buck). Decay hits hard with only 3 days to go
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
look at CRWD grinding back up to the 21, just like it did on 6/29
Ragoo
AG
Roku on a rocket
Brewmaster
AG
KT 90 said:

Touchless said:

So for ONTX, what is the timeline that they have to get back above $1? I know that's still the expectation, but haven't heard much about it since they opted out of the RS. I'm considering buying more with the price being lower than what I was able to get in at, but curious what the board thinks on it.

I don't know the answer on the date, but I'd assume they would look at the reverse split again if the price is not going to make it to $1 on its own. For the past month, the price has mostly ranged between .54 and .60

There was a bunch of insider buying recently (like 3 mil shares). I doubt any talk of a R/S again soon. The chart also is a nice wedge, coiled tight. It should pop very soon (depends on news or data). I think it's been between .56 and .59 the past week, and almost always around .56.

I can't find my last chart, but here's one I just whipped up. trading tighter and tighter in this wedge (daily).

McInnis 03
AG
I know things seem smooth right now but I can't help and see the size of this wick. WICKKKKK.

McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

Now get DDOG and FTNT to do the same.
TecRecAg
AG
$75 got Mutombo'd
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I'm sure they did. That would have broken a few of my rules though. There was some bullish stuff in that action but some clear red flags. I'll take a closer look and try to explain more when I get up tomorrow. It's getting late here so can't explain better tonight.
TecRecAg
AG
So I went over to my balances tab on E*Trade for the first time in a while and noticed that it says I'm on a 90-Day Restriction. My account is Level-II options that is all cash, and only bought when I have enough under "Cash Buying Power". It's still allowing me to long basic calls and puts. Is this because of daily trades I've made where cash hasn't settled and I've bought something else?

Anyone have an idea?
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's some really odd volume movements on ONTX. not consistent at all.
oldarmy1
AG
GOCO IPO is GoHealth. Happens to be one of my larger clients and extremely profitable. I just bought first non-assigned IPO shares at $20 for long position.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NRD09 said:

Now get DDOG and FTNT to do the same.
DDOG looks right on track, just taking 2 days to do it? So is FSLY. NET not quite as pretty but seems to be playing along. ZS somehow avoided this wave? FTNT...not so much. Could be ready to hop back up to where it's supposed to be though? Dunno...way beyond my level
First Page Last Page
Page 1893 of 6443

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.