Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,216 Views | 224254 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They got this turned around. I think bears test HOD on SPY to close.
khaos288
AG
Welp, I took a small position in dmz and amd for fun today. Can't believe it worked out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

A few to look at today: DRI, EAT, and INN. I got in a little on EAT $25 calls. It broke upwards today abovr the 8 and 21 EMAs and I think has potential to get to or past its upper BB at $26.20 in a relatively short period of time.

EAT is up over $25. I sold most of those calls at 100% gain. I left 1 runner to see if we continue moving up overnight.
TriumphForks
AG
TecRecAg said:

So I went over to my balances tab on E*Trade for the first time in a while and noticed that it says I'm on a 90-Day Restriction. My account is Level-II options that is all cash, and only bought when I have enough under "Cash Buying Power". It's still allowing me to long basic calls and puts. Is this because of daily trades I've made where cash hasn't settled and I've bought something else?

Anyone have an idea?
They will allow you to buy with unsettled funds but if you then turn around and sell whatever it was you bought before the funds have settled then it will lead to a violation in your account.
TecRecAg
AG
Interesting. I thought it was OK as long as you were a cash account. I guess I'm over-extending what I have available there. I'll continue to watch it. If I gotta go on vacation, I'll go on vacation.

I dug a little deeper. It says that if the funds are paid within for 4 days it will be lifted. Since options settle overnight I should be fine.
texagbeliever
I dont want to jinx it the day before a premarket morning earnings, but a certain pizza chain had a very strong day so far. Hopefully the premarket will allow for a gap up!
TecRecAg
AG
This made me look at my managed account that has a pizza chain in it that's up 3.5% on the day..
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GOCO IPO is GoHealth. Happens to be one of my larger clients and extremely profitable. I just bought first non-assigned IPO shares at $20 for long position.

In at $20 as well.
texagbeliever
Yeah it isn't a "big" mover by any means relative to the size, but in terms of maybe reconfirming the breakout and getting above 400 by a bit, that reads to me as a good potential sign.

Also that 10 MM buy on 5/11 couldn't have been for nothing...
McInnis 03
AG
Holy red bar batman. That was a 5 pt drop on SPX
YNWA_AG
AG
$18.84 here
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
dad gummit. I was going to fade SPX at 2:50 and I was too late.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Thanks Texags B&I heavy hitters keep on buying !!
gougler08
AG
Hanging man technical on the SPY
texagbeliever
Trump with a brief announcement on infrastructure spending and farming. Just caught the end of it.
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

Hanging man technical on the SPY
"the night is long" as HP says... curious to see if this is June 10th-12th all over again.
jeromePOWell
AG
hate being short cause it just feels dirty, but I've got a lot of allocation in UVXY and some spy puts I was happy to let run to 0, and a ton of cash. I'm seeing the same thing as June 10 as well
topher06
jeromePOWell said:

hate being short cause it just feels dirty, but I've got a lot of allocation in UVXY and some spy puts I was happy to let run to 0, and a ton of cash. I'm seeing the same thing as June 10 as well
Half of this board is short right now, so at least your in good company.
sockdoctor
Team bears.
TecRecAg
AG
Anyone in on options for the auto industry? Picked up a couple of GM $29C for 7/31 to hopefully play off earnings.
Brewmaster
AG
jeromePOWell said:

Yeah I'm well hedged, uvxy, spxs commons, vxx calls, spy puts. If we get a full dump my account would rocket and I wouldn't complain! but I would have a few calls that would expire worthless.
Brewmaster
AG
TecRecAg said:

Anyone in on options for the auto industry? Picked up a couple of GM $29C for 7/31 to hopefully play off earnings.
F has seen good flow lately on calls I think, no idea on GM
TecRecAg
AG
Meant to mention that in my post.. I played F a few days ago on the Bronco reveal and that went well.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Which one of you recommended IBIO?? 1000 blue stars for you.

Its up 150% since I bought. And what do you guys think of it moving forward?
TXAG14
You guys seeing this bitcoin Twitter hack going on? Twitter tanking AH because of it.

So far the list of accounts hacked is Uber, Elon Musk and Bill Gates. The bitcoin address has had $57,000 sent to it so far.

Brewmaster
AG
TXAG14 said:

You guys seeing this bitcoin Twitter hack going on? Twitter tanking AH because of it.

So far the list of accounts hacked is Uber, Elon Musk and Bill Gates. The bitcoin address has had $57,000 sent to it so far.

someone go look... when Elon was hacked last time what did the stock do? LOL
Boat Shoes
AG
gougler08
AG
Boat Shoes said:

That would break us out of the resistance at 323
TXAG14
Almost up to $8 million in bitcoin sent to this hacker.

McInnis 03
AG
topher06 said:

jeromePOWell said:

Half of this board is short right now, so at least your in good company.
I think it's only prudent that you have something to protect you when the market goes both ways. For me, it's high return, low cost butterflies on SPX, for the next guy, who knows, but when the market is down you can make moves to get profit and when the market is up you can do the same.

There is so much value in being delta neutral.
McInnis 03
AG
gougler08 said:

Boat Shoes said:

That would break us out of the resistance at 323
My money has been on the Jenner Institute since the early Macaque study.
McInnis 03
AG
If you can poke Macaque and be virus free...............well.......................har de har har.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
please tell me someone has TWTR puts?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
and that's what? 4 vaccine headlines this week?
Carlo4
AG
AA up 15% on news of vaccine*. Also, 25,000 in serious danger of being furloughed when bailouts end in September.

Nothing odd at all for a few hours of trading.

First Page Last Page
Page 1894 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.