Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,138,366 Views | 224624 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
12thMan86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took a $900 ass whooping on NVAX today. Chased when it was 85, was looking good. Went to lunch, came back, was stopped out! Nice
aggiedaniel06
AG
No offense, but I think it looks terrible.
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

No offense, but I think it looks terrible.
None taken at all. There was a reason I said 'if you believe in it'. ROKU rarely plays by the so called 'rules'. Especially short term. It's a crazy mofo which is why I don't play options on it or try to trade it short term.

ETA if you look closely at the daily chart, this area could be setting up as the 'top' of the right shoulder of an inverse H&S pattern. That may be a bit of a stretch and a little early to tell though.
chubbs07
AG
Should not have gone back to look at NVAX.... biggest mistake I have made in getting out of that one. wow.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I can see that, but I would wait for it to bounce before I played that.

Just a month ago, we were saying ROKU needs to hold 112. It's deja vu all over again!
Mister Cooper
AG
Rallying towards the close..fingers crossed
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

So say this market closes at 3049 and I have the two short puts at 3050.....obviously the 3065 takes care of the 1st 3050 and then some, the second one not so much, eh?
I don't really look at as if one takes care of another. It will cash settle at you will make about $1400. In that last hour you have to really watch it. As Theta decay takes hold, that sucker will move around a lot! The one I had on Friday was very volatile. On TOS, I usually set up a closing order and I'll have it teed up with my mouse on the button to close the trade if it starts going against me. Keep the lock unlocked.
I bailed out at $4.20. Probably got shook out early, but the tape is looking a bit heavy.
You go boi! You may or may not have gotten it right but you're not sweating these -1000 TICK alerts so you're a winner in my book!

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AgEng06
McInnis 03
AG
No Irish today. Did he get F16'd???
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
texagbeliever
McInnis 03 said:

No Irish today. Did he get F16'd???

The question wouldnt be if but which post.
59 South
AG
He and Prog both? I've heard of others getting temp bans over in the 16th ward.
Ragoo
AG
Freaking parabolic into the close. Was trying to grab the 302 to ride but kept running and shaking me off of my price.
Jet Black
Glad I didn't buy wkhs at $8 or $10 or $12.
E
AG
59 South said:

NIO on the brink of a potential breakout if you look at the hourly and daily chart over the past few days. 7.50+ incoming...
NIO with a good day
McInnis 03
AG
Degenerate play of the day:

Saw SPX running at the end and saw MOC was 300MM to the buy. When it hit 3049 in the last minute of the day I got a 3050c for $.50. I think the official close 10-15 seconds later was 3053.24. Winner winner!

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Or not?

B&I Key:
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Degenerate play of the day:

Saw SPX running at the end and saw MOC was 300MM to the buy. When it hit 3049 in the last minute of the day I got a 3050c for $.50. I think the official close 10-15 seconds later was 3053.24. Winner winner!
I put on a SPX 45/50/55 fly for .75 about 10 mins before close. Thought I was going to pin that ***** LOL!!!

Still a double and a half. good job on the call buy!!
tam2002
AG
10% drop in ZEST today. Any bad news I missed?
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

So say this market closes at 3049 and I have the two short puts at 3050.....obviously the 3065 takes care of the 1st 3050 and then some, the second one not so much, eh?
I don't really look at as if one takes care of another. It will cash settle at you will make about $1400. In that last hour you have to really watch it. As Theta decay takes hold, that sucker will move around a lot! The one I had on Friday was very volatile. On TOS, I usually set up a closing order and I'll have it teed up with my mouse on the button to close the trade if it starts going against me. Keep the lock unlocked.
I bailed out at $4.20. Probably got shook out early, but the tape is looking a bit heavy.
You go boi! You may or may not have gotten it right but you're not sweating these -1000 TICK alerts so you're a winner in my book!

Also put on a TSLA fly for Thursday. 1010/1030/1050 for 2 bucks. If it gaps up to 1030 tomorrow, I'm out for whatever I can get.
12thMan86
AG
chubbs07 said:

Should not have gone back to look at NVAX.... biggest mistake I have made in getting out of that one. wow.
LOL I had it a few weeks back and got out for a small gain. It would be a really big gain now if I had held on. It will probably be 90 tomorrow!
AgShaun00
AG
tam2002 said:

10% drop in ZEST today. Any bad news I missed?
i didn't see any, but i was the last buyer at 3.30 after sold some last week at 3.65. This seems common for a drop a week.
12thMan86
AG
I've been experimenting with selling Put Credit spreads on stocks that are in squeezes. Usually sell a 5 wide at the money for 2.50 to 2.75, no more than 10 days out and sometimes a week out. My success rate the last month has been 79%, and when it's not working I usually buy it back and lost no more than 50% of the credit I received (1.25). Not gonna get rich selling PCS (or CCS if I think it's going to drop), but it's helping me meet my weekly profit goals of 2% per week.

Hope you guys had a good day trading......

Now what about Mond? That poor guy is going to take some crap if we have a football season! First time he overthrows a 10 yard pass (probably first series), the boo birds are going to come out in force. I'm all for him speaking his mind, but his delivery and reasoning is flawed. Apparently I'm a racist since I'm not 100% on board with him. Oh well, take it to the Politics board, I know!!

Take it easy guys!
12thMan86
AG
Do any of you own Bitcoin or GBTC?
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Just a month ago, we were saying ROKU needs to hold 112. It's deja vu all over again!
Funny how that works huh?

Here's a follow up on the hourly and why I posted that when I did when it went under trend line. It was just over 113. It was about an hour early and wouldn't have been a perfect entry but good enough for the potential move it can make now. Nothing guaranteed... just highlighting the odds and repeating patterns.

ETA the daily chart to show those same 3 yellow circles. The big technical difference this time is that it tested and then closed over the 200 EMA (light blue line). That to me is indicative of bigger and longer term momentum to the upside. It also just basically moved from 100 to over 130 in a very short time so this is about a 50% retrace OA Model T.

McInnis 03
AG
^
|
|

I like this guy. (59 south, not myself)

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
As if Lululemon didn't think they looked good enough already, they spent $500MM on a mirror.

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
Revenue diversification play getting into the subscription business?
ranchag04
AG
59 South said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Here's a follow up on the hourly and why I posted that when I did when it went under trend line. It was just over 113. It was about an hour early and wouldn't have been a perfect entry but good enough for the potential move it can make now. Nothing guaranteed... just highlighting the odds and repeating patterns.

ETA the daily chart to show those same 3 yellow circles. The big technical difference this time is that it tested and then closed over the 200 EMA (light blue line). That to me is indicative of bigger and longer term momentum to the upside. It also just basically moved from 100 to over 130 in a very short time so this is about a 50% retrace OA Model T.

Solid post and I jumped in on your initial recommendation.....you can't pick the bottom....let's see if it can follow through..
texagbeliever
59 South said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Me: I'm not touching Roku again.
59: great explanation on roku potential.
Me: well it wont hurt to check the options tomorrow morning...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got in an out of ROKU for a quick 10%. The arms index closed under 0.5, that means we have very good odds of a sell off tomorrow.

Daniel - I loaded some VXX calls as well....
59 South
AG
Nooooo! note my earlier post about staying away from the options and short term! It's a crazy mofo. Trading it will make you lose your mind. Trust me.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I got in an out of ROKU for a quick 10%. The arms index closed under 0.5, that means we have very good odds of a sell off tomorrow.

Nice catch on the Trin. I went bear heavy at end of day

B&I Key:
Bonfire1996
AG
The acquisition of Mirror might be one of the smarter plays a company can make. LuluLemon absolutely knows it's target market, their income level, and their level of vanity.

Freaking genius.
Colt98
AG
LuLu's men's underwear are the best out there. Like butter. I highly recommend them.

I love it when my wife wears their leggings, and if that mirror helps her wear those more I just may have to buy one. I had an order this morning to buy calls and I missed them buy .01 from filling. I just saw where they are AH. Dang.....
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Nice catch on the Trin. I went bear heavy at end of day
tvix is in a tailspin, I'm loading up premarket if it doesn't turn overnight

One of the CRWD directors dumped 7.5M shares today, I loaded up. I think this is the last time we'll see it under 100
First Page Last Page
Page 1823 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.